Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1,413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

So nearly half of respondants who didnt like LJ's style of football want Chris Hughton. That makes no sense whatsoever unless you want promotion at any cost including sacraficing attacking football for a few more years.

Lets have a few more years of us being set up not to lose. Can't wait.

Brighton 3-0 Forest, Brighton 3-0 Rotherham, Brighton 5-0 Norwich, Brighton 3-0 QPR, Brighton 4-0 Burton, Brighton 4-0 Reading, Brighton 3-0 Derby.

All results from their promotion season, with there also being plenty more games where they scored 3+. If that’s defensive horrible football then by all means I’ll take it...

Regardless I’ve personally always been willing to sacrifice good football for results, it’s rare that a club like us gets out of this division playing expansive, open attacking football.

• Like 8
20 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

So nearly half of respondants who didnt like LJ's style of football want Chris Hughton. That makes no sense whatsoever unless you want promotion at any cost including sacraficing attacking football for a few more years.

Lets have a few more years of us being set up not to lose. Can't wait.

Who is your choice, by the way?

Whomever we appoint the key to a successful team and obtaining promotion is not conceding goals. It may not be the most attractive but all successful teams are based on a solid well organised defence. To put it bluntly if you don’t concede any goals you only need to score ONE goal every two games to get four points.  Ultimately I suppose it depends on whether we want to get to the Premier League or play “open” football drawing 2-2  or losing 3-2 every week.

Edited by Redland
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Redland said:

Whomever we appoint the key to a successful team and obtaining promotion is not conceding goals. It may not be the most attractive but all successful teams are based on a solid well organised defence. To put it bluntly if you don’t concede any goals you only need to score ONE goal every two games to get four points.  Ultimately I suppose it depends on whether we want to get to the Premier League or play “open” football drawing 2-2  or losing 3-2 every week.

Yes, we went closest with Webster and Kalas, and a steady keeper, and without a Tammy, Reid or Afobe (or even a Kodjia) or piles of goals.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Brighton 3-0 Forest, Brighton 3-0 Rotherham, Brighton 5-0 Norwich, Brighton 3-0 QPR, Brighton 4-0 Burton, Brighton 4-0 Reading, Brighton 3-0 Derby.

All results from their promotion season, with there also being plenty more games where they scored 3+. If that’s defensive horrible football then by all means I’ll take it...

Regardless I’ve personally always been willing to sacrifice good football for results, it’s rare that a club like us gets out of this division playing expansive, open attacking football.

Good post Aaron.

Clean sheets, remember them? 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Redland said:

No likes left, spot on Redland.

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well there definitely is. Do you think Robins and Hughton will command the same wage?

One would require paying Coventry. So I would expect they'd end up similar amounts.

The cheap options are Holden / Macca, not someone already employed. 

• Like 1

It's got to be Chris Hughton for me, get us promotion and then upgrade again after a couple of seasons. We should of done this with Warnock when LJ was appointed. LJ should of gone two years ago and We've wasted opportunities and money under LJ.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Selred said:

One would require paying Coventry. So I would expect they'd end up similar amounts.

The cheap options are Holden / Macca, not someone already employed. 

Yes bad example, just pointing out that different coaches would expect very different wages so there will certainly be much cheaper options than CH. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why do people go on about cheap option 🤦🏽‍♂️

There is literally no such thing 

what utter rubbish im afraid there is always a cheap option ! im much cheaper that Klopp 

32 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why do people go on about cheap option 🤦🏽‍♂️

There is literally no such thing 

Totally agree.  The wrong man in charge can set the club back years.   The manager may not have the same influence on transfers (thankfully given the shithousery performed by Pulis) but they can have immense negative impact  on development of a player and his ultimate saleability. 

And generally for a poorly performing team all players' values will to some degree be below what they could fetch.   

Disaffected players will leave and generally it will be the better ones that have other offers, leaving the club with the dross.

There really are no cheap options, just wrong ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well there definitely is. Do you think Robins and Hughton will command the same wage?

See Red Skins Reply below! 👇🏽

2 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Totally agree.  The wrong man in charge can set the club back years.   The manager may not have the same influence on transfers (thankfully given the shithousery performed by Pulis) but they can have immense negative impact  on development of a player and his ultimate saleability. 

And generally for a poorly performing team all players' values will to some degree be below what they could fetch.   

Disaffected players will leave and generally it will be the better ones that have other offers, leaving the club with the dross.

There really are no cheap options, just wrong ones.

Simply put @BRISTOL86, the manager position is the most important, if it’s a bad one, it will cost much more than a good one, regardless of the wages paid 

2 hours ago, nellie said:

what utter rubbish im afraid there is always a cheap option ! im much cheaper that Klopp 

If you become our Manager... you may cost a lot less than Klopp, but the relegations that follows would cost a lot more than Klopp wage 😉

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But you’ll get this (exciting football) with Hughton based on his previous set up / approach in the Championship.

We may do. I don't know. His football seems to divide opinion and I haven't seen enough of it to hazard a guess.

I was just disagreeing with your general point.

He is not my number one choice, but to be honest I struggle to see anyone not improving on Lee Johnson in terms of entertainment.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1