IGNORED

City Classic Pics Thread

Yank

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Scott Murray Celebration At Cardiff (#708842) Framed Prints, Wall Art

That’s my favourite iconic City pic of them all. It captures the moment of Murray winding up the Cardiff fans at NP perfectly.

Away days at Nininan Pk we’re always a treat to look forward to..................:whistle:

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Quality pic, Dave. Pro standard!

The game...?

Derek Williams = first season up?

No, it was the one below I took....that’s me as the “crab” taken by a proper photographer and appeared on the bbc match page for our game.

That game was h v Forest....Alby with 2.

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

image.jpeg

For those of us of a certain age, this all day long apart from Whiteheads goal V Pompey, has to be the mighty Cheese. Unless you saw him at his pomp, you don't realise just how good he was.

An 8 year old Ska Junkie is in the clock end somewhere. Glad I saw our best day and hope to see it again one day. A red hot summer and winning at the mighty Arsenal on day 1, happy days!

Thanks CHR, I'm not sure I've ever seen that pic before.

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

For those of us of a certain age, this all day long apart from Whiteheads goal V Pompey, has to be the mighty Cheese. Unless you saw him at his pomp, you don't realise just how good he was.

An 8 year old Ska Junkie is in the clock end somewhere. Glad I saw our best day and hope to see it again one day. A red hot summer and winning at the mighty Arsenal on day 1, happy days!

Thanks CHR, I'm not sure I've ever seen that pic before.

We’re of a similar age, and as a kid who went to football every Saturday on the ‘football bus’ from rural Gloucestershire to whichever Bristol team was at home, it was this match that was the lightbulb moment for me, never went to Rovers again as a neutral.

My other guilty confession is never returning this book to the school library in 1979, and I’ve still got it!

15C03F8A-A729-4DC5-950E-1C62D6AAAC42.jpeg

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

We’re of a similar age, and as a kid who went to football every Saturday on the ‘football bus’ from rural Gloucestershire to whichever Bristol team was at home, it was this match that was the lightbulb moment for me, never went to Rovers again as a neutral.

My other guilty confession is never returning this book to the school library in 1979, and I’ve still got it!

15C03F8A-A729-4DC5-950E-1C62D6AAAC42.jpeg

Wise to keep that book!

Pretty sure I had it as a youngster, too.

Completely off topic, but I loved that kit, had the shirt as a kid & reckon (with the greatest of respect to the purple & lime) it is our best away shirt ever.

9 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

From the moment it left my boot I knew it was in' - Bristol City ...

To my eternal shame, yes I was at Anfield on that famous blustery evening and we deserved to win, but I still think Tins is offside when the ball left the Chief. Not that I care as we won but I reckon VAR would have chalked it off nowadays. 

Archived