IGNORED

PNE (h) - Wednesday 19:30 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

19 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A pedestrian walk in the park whit smile on face while I concentrate on online shopping of groceries suddenly finding shopping very interesting

Browsing IKEA and seriously considering buying a lampshade called Fugg ...

5 hours ago, Tammyjr said:

Lots of Preston players  going down and rolling around as usual 

Be interesting to see if they can keep up their usual high cheating ratio when there is absolutely nothing to play for.

Bet the water break has completely thrown them, used to always go down with a fake head injury a couple of times in a game.

Not added to their incredible 11 penalties awarded pre lockdown either, have they forgotten to dive?

Darnell Fisher is out of the team at the moment and Ben Pearson is injured, so you won't see as much diving and rolling around on the floor ?

Ben Davies and Pearson are injured and probably won't play. Sounds like they have been genuinely injured to be fair, despite Premier League moves possibly coming in a few weeks.

We might see one or two changes from the weekend now we can't get into the play-offs. Tom Bayliss might play having hardly played all season. A prospect we bought for £1.5m but deemed not ready by Neil and has found it hard to break into a very strong midfield.

Educated guess -

Declan Rudd

Joe Rafferty - Patrick Bauer - Jordan Storey - Andrew Hughes

Ryan Ledson - Tom Bayliss

Brad Potts - Daniel Johnson - Scott Sinclair

Tom Barkhuizen

Bench - The likes of Stockley, Maguire, Browne, Gallagher, Bodin, Fisher.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Be interesting to see if they can keep up their usual high cheating ratio when there is absolutely nothing to play for.

Bet the water break has completely thrown them, used to always go down with a fake head injury a couple of times in a game.

Not added to their incredible 11 penalties awarded pre lockdown either, have they forgotten to dive?

You are nothing but consistent in your view of Preston’s antics are you? ???

2 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Darnell Fisher is out of the team at the moment and Ben Pearson is injured, so you won't see as much diving and rolling around on the floor ?

Ben Davies and Pearson are injured and probably won't play. Sounds like they have been genuinely injured to be fair, despite Premier League moves possibly coming in a few weeks.

We might see one or two changes from the weekend now we can't get into the play-offs. Tom Bayliss might play having hardly played all season. A prospect we bought for £1.5m but deemed not ready by Neil and has found it hard to break into a very strong midfield.

Educated guess -

Declan Rudd

Tom Barkhuizen

You guys rotate your front line often? See Stockley and Maguire have both started lately

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Some of their off the ball stuff is quite poor form, but worth checking stats and goals, for them at home especially at times.

Can be quite dominant in possession, chances created etc- get the feeling they mix and match for the opposition. Judging a side vs us at AG, well you can but it doesn't offer a whole picture.

The high penalty count- think Johnson (no not that one, or that one) bought a few.

I've just been reading an article on the BBC website regarding the importance of tomorrow's fixtures. 

11 of tomorrow's 12 games have something riding on the result and we all know which one has nothing on it. 

What a massively disapointing way for us to end the season. 

If we play Williams at the back I will be even more disappointed.

Just now, Midlands Robin said:

If we play Williams at the back I will be even more disappointed

If Benko or Baker are fit I expect them to start ahead of Williams, Kalas won't be dropped, Zak doesn't deserve to be either and pretty sure Holden will stick to 352

5 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Educated guess -

Declan Rudd

Tom Barkhuizen

That is as shit a team as I would expect with your budget and yet you will win tomorrow and finish 6 points above us ?

49 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've just been reading an article on the BBC website regarding the importance of tomorrow's fixtures. 

11 of tomorrow's 12 games have something riding on the result and we all know which one has nothing on it. 

Ironic as a month ago BBC were bigging this game up as a crucial one in the play off race

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Agree, think he should be gone already, not only for what he’s done, but not one for the future,   surprised to see him play against Swansea, but perhaps didn’t have any choice.

11 minutes ago, mossey said:

Agree, think he should be gone already, not only for what he’s done, but not one for the future,   surprised to see him play against Swansea, but perhaps didn’t have any choice.

We didn't have a centre back on the bench so if we wanted to play 3 CB's which has been his system Williams had to play

6 hours ago, Lrrr said:

You guys rotate your front line often? See Stockley and Maguire have both started lately

It's not so much 'rotation', just we have no good centre forwards so none of them can hold down their place.

Obviously with so many games in a short space of time there has been some rotation throughout the side but if we had a proper striker, like when we had Hugill, they would be starting every game. I'd probably expect us to play a winger up front tomorrow in Barkhuizen.

Archived