IGNORED

City USA Supporters

Yank

Hey all as I alluded too in one of my earlier posts on the forum, I am a newer fan of us and a lot of my friends, co-workers, etc are fans the Man United, Chelsea, etc of the world.  Anyway, I really love everything about this club so far and proud to be a supporter. I would love to expand our fanbase as it were over here via a supporter's group and bring some more American's into the fold. Know of a couple other posters on here who reside in the States.

Any tips/suggestions for helping me with this? 

Just want to spread the love that I have already for this club to others over here. Cheers.

COYR

If I were you Yank....get away while you still can, you are setting yourself up for years of false hope, most seasons ending in disappointment, heartbreaks, spending countless hours on here waiting for announcements on new players/managers that never come oh and the odd lower league trophy thrown in just to slightly pacify you.......Welcome aboard ??

May I respectfully suggest that you have merely decided, for some reason, to take an interest in our club. That’s lovely and please spread the word but feelings of love and pride are a bit over the top at the moment.

I assume you never been to Ashton Gate and experienced a match. As already mentioned you are setting yourself up for a rough ride and your love and pride are yet to be tested.
But welcome anyway.

Yank, as one who has gone down the Gate for the last 62 years, as did my father, and as do my cousins @CyderInACan and @SuperDziek and their father, AND our grandfather and who knows above him, the one thing I PROMISE you is that you are supporting the BEST club in the English Leagues.

However as a caveat, look at my signature below and it tells you the story. However for me, and sadly not my cousins yet I have experienced that one thing in your lifetime, that as an old man on your porch, you can tell your grandkids, and that was ' I was there the night Clive Whitehead scored and sent us to the promised land'

You will on your porch tell your grandkids that you supported the BEST club but someone never told the players some years and they played mediocre football in front of a packed Ashton Gate and members of a forum (debated ? ) on all the ways it could change but then, just that once, something clicked and Bristol City Football Club made it to the promised land. My crystal ball does not tell me if they stayed there but what the heck.................they were promoted.

Sit back, we love to have you here, share our pain this side of the pond, make a visit here ( sure to let us know) buy some gifts in the shop and remember to tell all your buddies stateside you support the BEST team in England.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Whereabouts are you based Yank? 
As mentioned by others, there’s a New York based supporters group, but there are a few fans dotted all over the US. 

North Carolina and that's very good to know?

1 hour ago, Atlanta Red said:

My username is a clue I am in Atlanta, moved over here in 2002.

Cool.I have fond memories of Atlanta.Was spot of first ever Gentlemen's Club I went too...??

7 hours ago, chowie said:

Where are you? I lived in FL for 5 years and there was a few there, there is also a small supporters club in NYC who used to have meet ups for games, they once had John Cleese come along ?

I'm in North Carolina pal.And oh ok cool haven't been to NYC in a long time but will look them up for sure.Big Monty Python fan tbh?

Just now, Yank said:

Not really I live in the western part of the State;the Outer Banks are a great place to visit though?

Went there a few years ago to where the Wright Brothers did their first flight. The shrimp in those parts was out of this world ( and cheap)

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I spent time working in Atlanta also. One weekend visited for a bass fishing comp 

Thought the MARTA was great

Just now, BigTone said:

Thought the MARTA was great for getting around

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

If I were you Yank....get away while you still can, you are setting yourself up for years of false hope, most seasons ending in disappointment, heartbreaks, spending countless hours on here waiting for announcements on new players/managers that never come oh and the odd lower league trophy thrown in just to slightly pacify you.......Welcome aboard ??

Do you mean stop following City, or leave America?

Moved to the States in 2015 (New Orleans to be exact). Welcome aboard @Yank, you're in for a rough ride (and i'm just talking about the forum!). 

As others have asked, i'm intrigued what made you choose our beloved Bristol City? Like most, if not all, of us, we were born into it without much of a choice, so it's an interesting concept "picking" a team. 

Cheers! ?

Someone who may make a choice of club to follow. Picks Bristol City!

Are you missing a brick or two? You chose us. I can't believe it.

I wish I'd had a choice when I was five. Dad took me to Eastville on a very wet afternoon to watch Gas and Palace. At half time we went home. A month later he took me to see City beat Aldershot.

I pleaded with Dad to take me to Rovers again. He declined. I cried for all of ten seconds and agreed with him that I would be a City Fan.

That was seventy years ago and I'm still suffering.

Anyway, Yank, enjoy the forum. If you don't know already about the warped British sense of humour, you will soon find out.

PS. No of course I didn't want to support the Gas. I wanted to see them lose again!

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Someone who may make a choice of club to follow. Picks Bristol City!

Are you missing a brick or two? You chose us. I can't believe it.

I wish I'd had a choice when I was five. Dad took me to Eastville on a very wet afternoon to watch Gas and Palace. At half time we went home. A month later he took me to see City beat Aldershot.

I pleaded with Dad to take me to Rovers again. He declined. I cried for all of ten seconds and agreed with him that I would be a City Fan.

That was seventy years ago and I'm still suffering.

Anyway, Yank, enjoy the forum. If you don't know already about the warped British sense of humour, you will soon find out.

He’s a python fan, he’ll be ok!

18 hours ago, Yank said:

Hey all as I alluded too in one of my earlier posts on the forum, I am a newer fan of us and a lot of my friends, co-workers, etc are fans the Man United, Chelsea, etc of the world.  Anyway, I really love everything about this club so far and proud to be a supporter. I would love to expand our fanbase as it were over here via a supporter's group and bring some more American's into the fold. Know of a couple other posters on here who reside in the States.

Any tips/suggestions for helping me with this? 

Just want to spread the love that I have already for this club to others over here. Cheers.

COYR

Can we interest you in the Somerset cricket team too? 

Appreciate the feedback gents. As @chowie mentioned about the group in NYC I sent them a message about perhaps starting a group here in the South and any tips/suggestions they have, eagerly waiting for their reply. Again, cheers all?

Archived