IGNORED

I’ve beaten Ashton and Lansdown

Numero Uno

15 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Definite disconnect with the SL MA JL, **** them.
Right behind , Holden , new coaches and the lads though 

How can you fully support the new coaching team while feeling the complete opposite about the board? I’m surprised about how long the appointment took, but if you think Holden may be a decent choice, you are in effect endorsing the decision. Like most fans, I’d have been excited by a high profile choice, but I’m prepared to accept the decision made and wait to see how it turns out. Unless we regress, the board may turn out to have made a wise choice.

Of course, I will always support my team.  We all wanted Hughton, but we don't know what Hughton was demanding.  Holden and his team may well have been the right choice or even the only sensible/reasonable choice in the circumstances.

Looking forward to sitting back in the Dolman cheering and moaning again in October and hoping that Dean makes us all eat our words. CTID.

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Of course, I will always support my team.  We all wanted Hughton, but we don't know what Hughton was demanding.  Holden and his team may well have been the right choice or even the only sensible/reasonable choice in the circumstances.

Looking forward to sitting back in the Dolman cheering and moaning again in October and hoping that Dean makes us all eat our words. CTID.

Iam guessing more moaning than cheering wendy ????

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

How can you fully support the new coaching team while feeling the complete opposite about the board? I’m surprised about how long the appointment took, but if you think Holden may be a decent choice, you are in effect endorsing the decision. Like most fans, I’d have been excited by a high profile choice, but I’m prepared to accept the decision made and wait to see how it turns out. Unless we regress, the board may turn out to have made a wise choice.

What @steviestevienevillesaid is he will be BEHIND the coaching team and why can't you do that whilst completely disagreeing with the way the board went about it and their ultimate decision? There is no point in abusing the coaching staff at the first sign of difficulty to the point where it is almost impossible for them to do their jobs just so you can say that your opinion of the board and their choice was proven correct?

I don't care if we beat Swindon's "achievement" of a few seasons back and actually do have the league won by November, it won't change my opinion about the way the Board has handled the managerial situation....................Ashton will still talk corporate bullshit instead of football speak, Steve will still make unrealistic comments to the media when given the chance and the pair of them will still no doubt give the appearance to some fans at least of not being fully joined up, but many of us that do disagree with them would still be bloody delighted all the same.

None of us started supporting Bristol City over the other lot following a rigorous process and analysis of the respective Boards of Directors, what interests us at the end of the day is the performance of the team.

Totally agree. As far as owners go there are so many positives, people focus too much on the fact that Lansdown is not willing to spunk endless amounts of money up the wall for a year or two rolling the dice and potentially still not even getting promoted (as some clubs do). If you're gonna have a billionaire owner it might as well be a local one with integrity and at least a base level of respect for the club... Would some people rather have some rich eccentric change their home strip to blue and have VISIT MALAYSIA plastered all over Ashton Gate??

40 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Good for you.

You can’t have it both ways.

I’m completely in agreement with your posts and even if things went spectacular, I won’t be apologizing for feeling so underwhelmed and disconnected during this off season.

But if people feel so disillusioned that they’re put off for a while, then you have to respect it. It’s as valid as your stance (which I agree with).

If however the Lansdown’s remove season ticket holder status from those people who seek refunds either out of fear of Covid-19 or because we simply cannot attended, I will find that morally abhorrent and I too will be done.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

You can’t have it both ways.

Im completely in agreement with your posts and even if things went spectacular, won’t be apologizing for feeling so underwhelmed and disconnected during this off season.

But if people feel so disillusioned that they’re put off for a while, then you have to respect it. It’s as valid as your stance (which I agree with).

If the Lansdown remove season ticket hinder status from this people who seek refunds either out of fear of Covid-19 or because we simply cannot attended, I will find that morally abhorrent and I too will be done.

Tbh I'm not that emotional about whether they watch City or not but some seem to want to display the fact they aren't going as a badge of honour. Fine, don't go but don't imply that those that do are allowing themselves to be taken for mugs either as that's having it both ways isn't it?

Everyone has their tipping point. Mine would be a couple more years of watching the same type of football seen over the last two years as Lee Johnson's "identity" ended up boring me to distraction. I fully understand what you are saying in relation to the refunds issue too, particularly in times where Covid is severely restricting people's disposable income. Not a great time for the club to hold a gun to people's heads I fully agree.

16 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m putting recent events to bed and am right up for this season now.

Anyone with me?

The cynic in me says I have no choice so on that basis I and all of us may as well wait and see what happens, who knows it could all work out, stranger things have happened haven't they??

17 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m putting recent events to bed and am right up for this season now.

Anyone with me?

Now the dust is settling this is The attitude the board are gradually praying for. In a way it’s almost quite amusing now - they knew they could take us for absolute fools and get away with it and they were right.

Just now, bris red said:

Now the dust is settling this is The attitude the board are gradually praying for. In a way it’s almost quite amusing now - they knew they could take us for absolute fools and get away with it and they were right.

No, they won't get away with it. If we struggle badly this season then people upstairs will be getting plenty. I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. Watching Bristol City on a Saturday afternoon is a passion of mine. I don't support the Board, well not this current shower anyway, I support the football team.

People have wised up...........it's only a year or so ago on here that if anyone even remotely criticised the benefactor they would have had their heads ripped off their shoulders. Not any more. The guy said "judge me on Tinnion" which never happened but one thing I am certain of is that he will be judged on Holden. If it goes well, happy days, if it doesn't...............

If Ashton/Lansdown dismiss the fans as fools this time round they might get a shock when season ticket sales come round for 2021-22.

If you don't want to go then don't go but at the same time don't try and persuade others not to or imply that people that do are stupid.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What @steviestevienevillesaid is he will be BEHIND the coaching team and why can't you do that whilst completely disagreeing with the way the board went about it and their ultimate decision? There is no point in abusing the coaching staff at the first sign of difficulty to the point where it is almost impossible for them to do their jobs just so you can say that your opinion of the board and their choice was proven correct?

I don't care if we beat Swindon's "achievement" of a few seasons back and actually do have the league won by November, it won't change my opinion about the way the Board has handled the managerial situation....................Ashton will still talk corporate bullshit instead of football speak, Steve will still make unrealistic comments to the media when given the chance and the pair of them will still no doubt give the appearance to some fans at least of not being fully joined up, but many of us that do disagree with them would still be bloody delighted all the same.

None of us started supporting Bristol City over the other lot following a rigorous process and analysis of the respective Boards of Directors, what interests us at the end of the day is the performance of the team.

It’s difficult to be “right behind” the new coaching team if you think they were entirely the wrong choice. 

Me, I’m reserving judgement until I actually see what they do. If they do well, I’ll praise them and the board that chose them.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s difficult to be “right behind” the new coaching team if you think they were entirely the wrong choice. 

Me, I’m reserving judgement until I actually see what they do. If they do well, I’ll praise them and the board that chose them.

It’s not necessarily getting behind the appointment, it’s just supporting the team.

You're hardly going to boo when City kick off are you?

Archived