IGNORED

Lansbury

7 hours ago, Atticus said:

Sadly though in the summer, it looks like we will be letting go of actual quality that we have. (Fam, Baker,) and be left with people that aint good enough like Moore.

NP will have seen City's previous matches so I doubt he views Moore as a potential starter of choice, or be confident enough he will eradicate his mistakes to be a reliable filler in.

The ideal scenario for Taylor is a space appears in defence in the near future and he goes on to take the opportunity to prove over a period of games that he can be much better than he's shown so far.

Could Pearson feel there's enough there for his mentoring to make all the difference, or will NP's personal experience of what's required playing in Moore's position only highlight his inadequacies?

Who knows, but at nearly 24, I'd say there must be a good chance of him being moved on.

2 hours ago, RedJim said:

Some really over-the-top criticism on this thread, IMO. I've not been impressed by Lansbury but was he really that bad last night? He looks like a player who is ring rusty and needs game time. Not the signing we needed, but you would think he was Ryan McGivern reincarnated reading the comments on this thread.

I guess because we lost there has to be a scapegoat.

As I said earlier, I thought he did ok.

Passing a bit off, but got through his challenges and interceptions.

E3AF64F5-943B-41D5-86FC-FAE8870BCC49.thumb.jpeg.609d820cb37d13fc214d9449ebc88384.jpeg

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

And yet ironically he actually did play a lovely through ball at one point last night. My out-loud reaction was something like: "Good ball!......OH......it was Lansbury!"

The point being we know there's a player in there. The question is whether this is the right time and place for City to be trying to help him back to form and fitness. Personally I think not, though I guess NP is better qualified (and mandated) to make that judgement.

Yes. I agree. He didn’t get this far without something akin to a football player in there. As I said in my post “at the moment” 

However he needs to find it sharpish or be an out of contract has been by June. 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

NP will have seen City's previous matches so I doubt he views Moore as a potential starter of choice, or be confident enough he will eradicate his mistakes to be a reliable filler in.

The ideal scenario for Taylor is a space appears in defence in the near future and he goes on to take the opportunity to prove over a period of games that he can be much better than he's shown so far.

Could Pearson feel there's enough there for his mentoring to make all the difference, or will NP's personal experience of what's required playing in Moore's position only highlight his inadequacies?

Who knows, but at nearly 24, I'd say there must be a good chance of him being moved on.

I think he will Noggers tbh. I remember doing a scout report along with @Harrywhen Taylor was at Cheltenham on loan & their were two things that stood out - 

1) A centre back who doesn’t want to get hurt. 

2) Error prone.

He is still the same to this day, 3yrs on. Lovely lad great attitude & comfortable on the ball but it’s not enough, unfortunately. Given his sexy CV ie Ex West Ham, Lens, EngU18/20s captain, Champ experience, won’t be massive wages so can be easily traded. He needs a run of games & won’t be getting that here I don’t think.   

I won’t be judging him on last nights performance to a certain extent. Everyone gets a clean slate so to speak. 

What I will judge him on however is, throwing himself to the ground holding his face after being lightly pushed from behind. Then rolling around for a little while. Pathetic! Hate to see it from anyone opposite or not. That **** annoys me! 

6 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

I think he will Noggers tbh. I remember doing a scout report along with @Harrywhen Taylor was at Cheltenham on loan & their were two things that stood out - 

2) Error prone.

He is still the same to this day, 3yrs on. 

TM's got a lot of fans on here rcb but I can only think that's because of his very pleasant personality and charming smile rather than his football.

I'm no scout but your 2 deficiencies above stand out, are very basic, and are exactly how I see him.

I really can't see NP putting up with them.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

TM's got a lot of fans on here rcb but I can only think that's because of his very pleasant personality and charming smile rather than his football.

I'm no scout but your 2 deficiencies above stand out, are very basic, and are exactly how I see him.

Yep agreed. City fans love a ‘good’ lad but bottom line is he’s not good enough. He needs to leave for the good of his career. I met his old man & brother once at a game who I must say were very nice people, well educated. Taylor clearly comes from a good background. 

1 hour ago, redcherryberry said:

2) Error prone.

He is still the same to this day, 3yrs on. Lovely lad great attitude & comfortable on the ball but it’s not enough, unfortunately. Given his sexy CV ie Ex West Ham, Lens, EngU18/20s captain, Champ experience, won’t be massive wages so can be easily traded. He needs a run of games & won’t be getting that here I don’t think.   

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think Moore was good against Millwall and Sheffield United in the cup games. I criticised him for the start against Barnsley but then after that mid game comment by me he improved massively and ended up playing quite well.

And thinking back to the earlier season form he was in, i feel he can be very good. Just wouldn't be as confident in him as I am Mariappa. 

Going back to last season there were some very impressive performances, but then always the odd bad one. I have generally preferred him in a back 4, and seems to suit playing alongside Kalas.

He has had some good games in a back 3, but his real bad games seem to be in a back 3 where he seems to get confused about his positioning.

Yep, just to add to @redcherryberrycomments. 
I don’t think Moore is a poor player per se, just that he has 2 pretty major flaws for a CB (as mentioned in rcb’s post). Particularly for this level.

That’s not to say he mightn’t fit into a squad at this level, or certainly in L1, but I honestly don’t think it’ll take him higher than he is now. 

There was a scouting report of Ethan Pinnock at FGR around the same time as Moore was at Chelts. Both players were prone to big errors, but Pinnock just had more desire, a better ability to be dominate aerially - there was no ‘softness’ to Pinnock’s play when compared to Moore. Both were capable of horrendous errors, but Pinnock seems to have levelled that out (he still makes errors, just not as many), whereas Moore is still very error-prone and still lacks the bravery. 

Moore can (and will have) good games and look decent at this level. But I can’t see him reaching the consistency of performance required. 

1 hour ago, redcherryberry said:

Yep agreed. City fans love a ‘good’ lad but bottom line is he’s not good enough. He needs to leave for the good of his career. I met his old man & brother once at a game who I must say were very nice people, well educated. Taylor clearly comes from a good background. 

I think he needs to lose a bit of bulk, got too big too-half imho, and he’s lost a bit of agility, speed on the turn as a result.

I wouldn’t given up on him yet, but he’s got to push on soon imho.

He could do with giving someone a good whack at some point.

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he needs to lose a bit of bulk, got too big too-half imho, and he’s lost a bit of agility, speed on the turn as a result.

Agreed. Didn’t think his speed on the turn was quick enough to begin with......always struggled with the ball over the top. I remember one particular game home to Blackburn where it was quite evident. TM played RB that day, they clearly targeted him. 

I wouldn’t given up on him yet, but he’s got to push on soon imho.

I don’t think he’ll get the chance given Bakes will be back soon, Kalas, Mariappa & Vyner all ahead of him (IMO). Young Towler in the mix also. 

He could do with giving someone a good whack at some point.

More chance of Lansbury earning a contract than this ever happening ?

Been really disappointed with him before today, looked a complete waste of money. In fairness to him today looked comfortable and made a full contribution to a midfield that more than held its own.

We are suddenly going to have those famed ‘selection issues’ in midfield we talked about pre season!

He did alright last week but some are going to slag him off regardless.

Good today, not as eye catching as others but positionally sound (one excellent tactical foul) & supported Massengo really well.

With others coming back to fitness we do have options there at last.

Ive been a critic of Lansbury but today he was the player he used to be at the top of his game.

Very good midfield roll and as others have said, a very well timed foul and yellow card, showed his experience today and another who needs a run of games to get into top gear..

Archived