IGNORED

QPR (H) - Sat 6th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I am just hoping Pearson will see us through to get the required points to avoid relegation (which i think he will) and then write this season off. Can't wait for this season to finish.

Secure Pearson to rebuild the team and ship out most of the garbage he has at his disposal. I think he will have a good idea between now and the end of the season who he wants to keep (not too many i hope).

I think given time and some money to build his own squad and way of playing football he will bring back the pride and excitement for us supporters....

Either that or he will walk and we will be welcoming Marks mate Appleton...

As I have said, a lot of this squad is well capable of a promotion push next season with a few additions and the right man at the helm. Replace the majority of the squad and we will be facing another season of transition hoping to scrape mid-table.

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

As I have said, a lot of this squad is well capable of a promotion push next season with a few additions and the right man at the helm. Replace the majority of the squad and we will be facing another season of transition hoping to scrape mid-table.

It has been difficult to gauge the teams potential as there have been so many players that would be first teamers missing through injury, realistically how many that started today would have done if Pearson had had all the first team squad at his disposal?

3 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I am just hoping Pearson will see us through to get the required points to avoid relegation (which i think he will) and then write this season off. Can't wait for this season to finish.

Secure Pearson to rebuild the team and ship out most of the garbage he has at his disposal. I think he will have a good idea between now and the end of the season who he wants to keep (not too many i hope).

I think given time and some money to build his own squad and way of playing football he will bring back the pride and excitement for us supporters....

Either that or he will walk and we will be welcoming Marks mate Appleton...

I think it’s paramount that NP stays on for 4 years, to build and guide us to see our full potential as a club.  SL needs to make the right moves as I believe he is the man to take it to the next level, building a squad to compete for promotion.  Then once he’s built the foundation’s not to be replaced I might add, but to replace Ashton and be director of football. To keep the momentum and identity of how we play forever. 
Steve might not like what he NP suggest, but boy he needs to let it go and allow him to build.
Back this man Landsdown.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

It has been difficult to gauge the teams potential as there have been so many players that would be first teamers missing through injury, realistically how many that started today would have done if Pearson had had all the first team squad at his disposal?

I agree there are players injured that would be seen as first team team players. There are an awful lot that wouldn't.

Currently i would say only:

Bentley, Kalas, Williams, Vyner, Wells, Palmer and possibly Walsh in my opinion of course would be starters- that is still a big rebuild for any Manager.

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think next week is a significant team selection. You can’t blame Pearson for keeping things as they were up to now. After a week in the training ground it will be interesting to see what he does.

Well if any were unaware that he takes no shit , then hooking Bakinson off after half hour will show them he doesn’t . 

22 minutes ago, pillred said:

Yes I know he divides opinion but I think we miss COD.

13 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I agree there are players injured that would be seen as first team team players. There are an awful lot that wouldn't.

Currently i would say only:

Bentley, Kalas, Williams, Vyner, Wells, Palmer and possibly Walsh in my opinion of course would be starters- that is still a big rebuild for any Manager.

We are certainly top heavy but I think there are a lot more that are currently out that would be considered Chris martin and  Andreas Wiemann to name but two.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well if any were unaware that he takes no shit , then hooking Bakinson off after half hour will show them he doesn’t . 

Rightly as well, if only for his half-arsed attempt at blocking the cross for the goal that totally changed the momentum of the game.

Just now, E.G.Red said:

Yes I know he divides opinion but I think we miss COD.

Only because of the injuries . If everyone was fit he’d struggle to get into the squad . You’re always a better player when not playing . I’ve criticised him for many things but what stands out most is , at championship level he actually runs with his head down to know where the ball is . It’s a major reason for his lack of awareness around him & why he keeps running Into trouble. 

Only because of the injuries . If everyone was fit he’d struggle to get into the squad . You’re always a better player when not playing . I’ve criticised him for many things but what stands out most is , at championship level he actually runs with his head down to know where the ball is . It’s a major reason for his lack of awareness around him & why he keeps running Into trouble. 

Nagy's goal away to today's opponents shows what he can bring to the table, so another one I'm not sure on.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Rightly as well, if only for his half-arsed attempt at blocking the cross for the goal that totally changed the momentum of the game.

There were 3 or 4 times before that that had me shouting at him . He was way off the pace. I’d take it in isolation. He’s been really good since NP has come in but like I said . That proved to him, if you don’t perform you come off & he doesn’t care how early in the game it is. 

There were 3 or 4 times before that that had me shouting at him . He was way off the pace. I’d take it in isolation. He’s been really good since NP has come in but like I said . That proved to him, if you don’t perform you come off & he doesn’t care how early in the game it is. 

Yes. Good to see the strong management that we have been lacking for... well... about five years in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

And Towler last week and Massengo left on the bench for Pearson today. I think he feels a bit of discipline was lacking and is starting to dish it out.

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Drives me nuts too 

Opposition teams always seem to have at least three players closing off the options for the thrower, yet when the opposition have a throw we just amble about waiting for them to get on with it.

'Pressing' doesn't just mean 'in play'.

3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Looks like it could be back to normal. Why are we so bad at home, especially as there are no supporters to jeer them when they are playing badly. It's a real mystery!

I really don't know. It's so frustrating to watch, no pressing or movement off the ball. We did it for two games recently why can't we do it all the time. It's beyond me tbh.  I'm sure NP will get it it right in time. If he stays of course.

Just now, Superjack said:

Opposition teams always seem to have at least three players closing off the options for the thrower, yet when the opposition have a throw we just amble about waiting for th to get on with it.

'Pressing' doesn't just mean 'in play'.

Restarts from throw ins are a key part of the game, however we treat them as an awkward moment which invariably leads to us losing the ball / momentum.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

And Towler last week and Massengo left on the bench for Pearson today. I think he feels a bit of discipline was lacking and is starting to dish it out.

Young lads will do that but he did the right thing bringing him off . I’m sure he would have spoken to him & told him . Your standards have slipped so you don’t play . It’s a harsh world & he’ll learn . It’s the experienced players that don’t learn that could see themselves out the door. NP is calm in front of the camera but I’d imagine he pulls no punches behind the scenes & he’ll have no remorse getting rid of dead wood 

1 minute ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

QPR won against the likes of  Brentford, Watford, Bournemouth and Cardiff. Bad day at the office, cheer up people

I don’t think anyone’s getting too emotional about it . But it’s clear to see we’ve got plenty to work on . Plus it doesn’t matter who they’ve beat, It’s how we get beat & it was far too easy today . They had to do very little to score their goals which is disappointing 

1 minute ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

QPR won against the likes of  Brentford, Watford, Bournemouth and Cardiff. Bad day at the office, cheer up people

Oh absolutely. I for one am not slitting my wrists. Everyone beats everyone in the Championship. 

What did annoy me about today is that we dominated for the first ten minutes or so, but when we got caught with a sucker punch on their first real attack it rattled us and it took us twenty minutes to get going again, by which time we were two down. 

I appreciate that they were buoyed by the goal, but that flags up a character issue for me. Pearson has praised their character so far. It will be interesting to hear his take on it.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Young lads will do that but he did the right thing bringing him off . I’m sure he would have spoken to him & told him . Your standards have slipped so you don’t play . It’s a harsh world & he’ll learn . It’s the experienced players that don’t learn that could see themselves out the door. NP is calm in front of the camera but I’d imagine he pulls no punches behind the scenes & he’ll have no remorse getting rid of dead wood 

He's dealt with far better players and bigger characters than our lot. He won't mess about. These kids have got to learn that there are great rewards in being a pro footballer but you have to do the hard yards and earn them first. I'm sure that he would much prefer to bring on lads like Massengo over loanees like Lansbury but if lessons have to be handed out to these kids first then so be it. If it makes us a stronger outfit and those lads better players and characters moving forwards then I'm all for it.........as much as watching Lansbury complete four passes out of ten is something I rather wouldn't have to endure on a Saturday.

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He's dealt with far better players and bigger characters than our lot. He won't mess about. These kids have got to learn that there are great rewards in being a pro footballer but you have to do the hard yards and earn them first. I'm sure that he would much prefer to bring on lads like Massengo over loanees like Lansbury but if lessons have to be handed out to these kids first then so be it. If it makes us a stronger outfit and those lads better players and characters moving forwards then I'm all for it.........as much as watching Lansbury complete four passes out of ten is something I rather wouldn't have to endure on a Saturday.

I bloody love this interview . Exactly what we’ve been saying plus picks up on our passive nature that’s been cultured under LJ & DH . He’s nailed it here & a clear message to the players 

I think Bakinson may have had a wake up call today. In his times out on loan he’s been a world beater one day and looks a bit uninterested the next. Same with us and as Nigel said, feeling fatigued is no excuse.

Forget being young or whatever, now is the time to show you want to play at a high level, Nigel will not accept anything but your best. This could really be the making of him and hopefully not the breaking

Relentless schedule. Crippling injuries & fatigue.
Two sloppy goals conceded lead to an
early tactical change plus two further enforced changes due to head injuries all before half time did all the damage.
There is a fine margin between a lot of the teams in this league and give anybody a head start and they should see out the game.

We needed to stop the rot which we did with NP  but with not much of a squad to work with we are a mid table Championship team, no more, no less.

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think Bakinson may have had a wake up call today. In his times out on loan he’s been a world beater one day and looks a bit uninterested the next. Same with us and as Nigel said, feeling fatigued is no excuse.

Forget being young or whatever, now is the time to show you want to play at a high level, Nigel will not accept anything but your best. This could really be the making of him and hopefully not the breaking

he took a battering wednesday,i thought he was coming off,  then he scored and came back to life after that. i think he may have been injured still  today??

Archived