IGNORED

Big Nige post match comments

Robbored

Very Frank and honest appraisal of what he sees the areas in which we need to improve. I’ve certainly not heard any previous manager be as astute after such a short time in the club.

I really like this guy already and see why he’s been successful at other clubs.

We all knew it needed more than a decent manager to just turn up to make us fire.

He is saying all the right things, because at the moment it's his team (and responsibility) only because he picked it, but he has had virtually no time to change anything tactically.

It will be much more interesting what he is saying in a months time (hopefully after at least 2 wins) - I think it will be clear whether he thinks he can coach success or whether we need to rebuild again.

I watched this interview partly pleased with what he said and partly in despair over how we spent so much money to be in this position again.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very Frank and honest appraisal of what he sees the areas in which we need to improve. I’ve certainly not heard any previous manager be as astute after such a short time in the club.

Thanks robbo . I did upload the video to another thread as soon as it was on the OS . Apologies for not tagging you in as I know you like a official statement . Very good interview . Here you go 

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What was his assessment RR?

Highlights for me:

- they’re fit enough, so I’m not giving them an excuse

- didn’t make QPR work hard enough / let the game pass us by (not something he likes in his teams)

- midfield unable to bring positivity in and out of possession

- passive feel / reflects on him / it’s his team (shows he’s owning it)

- got to set standards / players individually got to accept responsibility / to drive standards collectively

- we were over-run (shame after 3 positive performances)

- won’t be afraid to give young players their chance (Sam can be proud)

- not gonna be tempted to rush injured players back

- players who had a difficult day to today need a chance to respond (watch out in training!!!)

Yes, really refreshing, no sound bites or double speak, completely different from the cut and paste from LJ.  It was a considered ,thoughtful approach to the problems we face.I loved it when he said it was "his team" and it reflects on him, when he knows,and We know it's NOT his team, it's a rag-bag of players brought in by the previous numpties !

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Highlights for me:

- didn’t make QPR work hard enough / let the game pass us by (not something he likes in his teams)

- got to set standards / players individually got to accept responsibility / to drive standards collectively

- players who had a difficult day to today need a chance to respond (watch out in training!!!)

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, really refreshing, no sound bites or double speak, completely different from the cut and paste from LJ.  It was a considered ,thoughtful approach to the problems we face.I loved it when he said it was "his team" and it reflects on him, when he knows,and We know it's NOT his team, it's a rag-bag of players brought in by the previous numpties !

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The comment regarding Bakinson was telling. 

Q was The decision to substitute bakinson tactical  

A you could call that if you like. 

Bakinsons languid approach will need to change pretty bloody sharpish. 

Who was it that went toward Kent for their first goal and just hung a foot in the air? That boy is decent and he found the forwards head between two defenders. I was steaming I bet Pearson was apoplectic!

I posted the above on another thread. Taking Bakinson off after twenty is all you need to know about Pearson. He won’t stand for garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Highlights for me:

He’s a clever leader.

When he was generous to the players in victory, they should’ve realised that this a two sided coin. 

He’s commented a number if times about setting and performing to their own standards, not his or the clubs. Individual responsibility for your performance on the pitch.

I like him.

A leader can set the tone, set the direction but cannot execute. It’s their ability to deliver results through others that counts.

It a player cannot execute, then somebody else needs to be brought in who can.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Highlights for me:

The passive side was massively telling for me. It’s a reflection on the last 2-3 years at the club which has led to the easy feel at the club that I think SL saw. Alarm bells rang for me when players were tweeting how happy they were that Holden got the job . Holiday camp feel about the place . 

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

He’s a clever leader.

When he was generous to the players in victory, they should’ve realised that this a two sided coin. 

He’s commented a number if times about setting and performing to their own standards, not his or the clubs. Individual responsibility for your performance on the pitch.

I like him.

A leader can set the tone, set the direction but cannot execute. It’s their ability to deliver results through others that counts.

It a player cannot execute, then somebody else needs to be brought in who can.

I think a few will be walking on eggshells at training this week.

But he’s cleverly dangled a carrot that they can change his opinion of today.

Clever.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

The passive side was massively telling for me. It’s a reflection on the last 2-3 years at the club which has led to the easy feel at the club that I think SL saw. Alarm bells rang for me when players were tweeting how happy they were that Holden got the job . Holiday camp feel about the place . 

Yep, damming.

Its what several of us have used to describe City.

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

What was his assessment RR?

Watch the interview............:cool2:

Although he didn’t actually articulate  the words I got the distinct impression that he feels that City need mover leaders on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think a few will be walking on eggshells at training this week.

But he’s cleverly dangled a carrot that they can change his opinion of today.

Clever.

Yep, damming.

Its what several of us have used to describe City.

It was used under LJ & before that if you got amongst us you’d beat us. There’s no bigger insult as far as I’m concerned . I really hate that tag we have . I don’t mind getting beaten by a better side but not out fought 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It was used under LJ & before that if you got amongst us you’d beat us. There’s no bigger insult as far as I’m concerned . I really hate that tag we have . I don’t mind getting beaten by a better side but not out fought 

Yep.  

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

He did pre-match though.

That doesn’t count ???

For me the honesty is really refreshing, he says it’s “my team”, whereas we all know it’s not. He is taking responsibility though.

We ( pre DH) had someone who took zero responsibility, and would have complained about lack of leaders and thrown players under the bus after that today.

This is a proper manager, let’s hope he’s around for a long time!

42 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I posted the above on another thread. Taking Bakinson off after twenty is all you need to know about Pearson. He won’t stand for garbage. 

Agreed, NP is in a different class when compared to what shite* we have been dished up with for far too many years. I like Nige P and happy to give him time to initiate the changes we all know need to happen. Speaks really honestly also, no bull shitye*.

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I remember when I heard how happy the players were that ‘Deano’ had been made manager. My first thought was ‘the players are the ones who chose to walk out to 7 nation army - we’re ******’. 

9 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

Yep Nige will give you great interviews if the person stood opposite him doesn’t ask stupid questions or add their own poor input. He’s suspicious of the media and can be prickly but if someone just lets him talk then he will.

Oh yes...he can talk. All sense though unlike Johnson and to a lesser extent Holden.

7 minutes ago, SedRA said:

I remember when I heard how happy the players were that ‘Deano’ had been made manager. My first thought was ‘the players are the ones who chose to walk out to 7 nation army - we’re ******’. 

I think it has been a long held view of City fans that the club has been a very comfortable place for the players to be.I think those days may be a thing of the past.Hopefully.

10 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think it has been a long held view of City fans that the club has been a very comfortable place for the players to be.I think those days may be a thing of the past.Hopefully.

I don't know, but I would have thought that Cotts would have been in his sort of mould? But then, that squad has long since departed the scene !

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I like that he referred to them as ‘my squad’ and their performance reflects on him.

In truth it’s not his squad, he’s inherited it. Can’t wait to see him put his mark on it.

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't know, but I would have thought that Cotts would have been in his sort of mould? But then, that squad has long since departed the scene !

I agree slart.I was a huge fan of Cotts and will always wonder what could have been.I think GJ was probably pretty hard nosed too,and probably SO'D as well.I think O'Driscoll had some good long term vision,but the football under him was a painful watch.

Archived