IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

Prinny

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Must have been a while since we one three on the bounce away.

Jan & Feb 2020; Wigan, Reading & QPR. They were all in the League. I've discounted the away defeat at Shrewsbury that split those three.

Aug & Sep 2019; Derby, Hull & Stoke.

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I like him and have suggested playing him down the middle before. Has good attributes and with a run I think could do well 

Yep agree. He has done it at Barnsley in the past. His touch is not perfectly consistent of course, but nor is Fam's. 

Marley would give us a physical presence, but also more mobility and movement and can win a header and can score the odd goal.

Would be a platform for then having 2 wide players and Kasey in behind to do their stuff and would also have a more solid look off the ball when defending when Marley coming deep in a condensed shape.

Yes, people will laugh. But I genuinely think he's a good player. Aberdeen were apparently not the same once Marley got injured. Their fans rate him. Different standard of course but he's got some ability for sure.

• Like 8

Not a pretty game but perhaps dictated by opponents and conditions. Bentley untroubled behind a solid defence and the midfield was superb. Lansbury best performance in a City shirt by a mile, Massengo was everywhere and KP showed class today with a goal and an assist. They simply couldn't handle Semenyo, while there was some good running and hold up play from Wells and Fammy. To top it all we saw the return of Watkins, Walsh and O'Dowda, with latter getting on the score sheet. 

Nice to see a lot of BCFC flags in the stadium. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Lansbury and Massengo are certainly a more disciplined pairing that Bakinson and Nagy. Maasengo is such an intelligent player given his age. 

Yep, showed exactly why he was brought in today. The two complimented each other well.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Marley Watkins up top on his own is bloody dangerous. Quick and strong, works hard. Why not go with that

Agree totally.  The guy could do a job up top for us. I recall Cardiff away he was excellent while back.  He has not been consistent in the past. Like all..needs a run 

• Like 1

Only a few weeks ago we seemed to have a rag bag of midfielders, with no combination capable of forming a cohesive and effective midfield unit.

Who would believe that now Kasey is close to being  first choice on the team sheet, and there is a dog fight for the other places, with no one guaranteed a place. From thinking we would see a wholesale clearout at the end of the season, whereas now NP could well have a headache as to which players he wants/needs to keep on board.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Agree totally.  The guy could do a job up top for us. I recall Cardiff away he was excellent while back.  He has not been consistent in the past. Like all..needs a run 

Yep okay he came on as a sub. But he has it in him to do that lone role. In fact I would say it suits him more than being up top with someone else. He can take the knocks. He has good movement and a bit of acceleration. He works very hard. He is capable of scoring, he has that instinct, but if he doesn't then we would have 3 behind him who would have more chance of scoring it Marley is doing that hard work up top.

• Like 1

My word what a difference today. Really pleasing to see us go for the kill too, not sitting on a slender lead like we have done previously with Holden and LJ. 

Chasing Birmingham all over the park not giving them any incentive to change momentum of the game. Palmer and Massengo fantastic today!

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Their form has gone to 33 pages and they ain't happy. On page 32 of their thread; 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3028447,page=32

Owners - **** off out of our club
Manager - **** off out of our club
Players - just **** off.

Utterly embarrassing.

Lazy b*****s - they’ve just cut and pasted from OTIB posts a few month’s back!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Any arguments for MOM - Kasey by a country mile?

Not by a country mile, unless a country mile is not a very big distance 😀.  MOTM, yes, but Semenyo pushed him close, with Massengo not far behind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

Their form has gone to 33 pages and they ain't happy. On page 32 of their thread; 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3028447,page=32

Owners - **** off out of our club
Manager - **** off out of our club
Players - just **** off.

Utterly embarrassing.

Sounds like us a couple of weeks ago after the Watford debacle.