IGNORED

Rotherham (H) - Sat 20th March 15:00 - Matchday Thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful thats all that needs to be said.

The dead wood need clearing out this Summer.

Starting with the Chief Executive who has allowed this situation to develop, created it in fact.,  

It's now clear that DH wasn't to blame (although he should never have been given the job).  

There is no real quality in the senior squad and the youngsters with potential have been overexposed.

I think we've been worse this season, especially first half. The injury to Kalas was a massive blow.

But we never dictate games, and we're playing with a (expensive) pair of strikers who both look like they'd rather be playing anywhere other than Bristol City. I think that's our biggest problem.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Come the summer, I would love to know Nige’s assessment of the club and team.

We’re constantly funneled positivity, but I wonder what an experienced third party makes of it?

This. 

Positivity doesn't win points. 

We are garbage at most things much of the time. 

Our home performance and stats tell you everything you need to know about the club, and that has been the case for 3 years. 

Our players are generally of poor quality and collectively the club like to flag unexpectedly good performances or results as "our level". It isn't our level. We get lucky sometimes, as does everyone else. It isn't the norm. 

Our level is less than average in this division and we have players very few teams would want to buy. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I’m sure O’Dowda would’ve told the staff how he felt. Just unfortunate 

And what player is going to say anything other than ‘I’m fine’? It’s not their place to manage their own game time. Look at Nagy and Hunt the other week playing on with concussions.  It’s why we have a medical department and coaching team. 

If I was NP, I'd be seriously considering other options at the end of the season and only stay if I was given cast iron guarantees of a large funding pot to spend.  The majority of this lot need sacking. I'm not sure any manager is going to be able to improve this lot to perform consistently.

Not a dig at SL though as I know he will only be able to invest so much, but if the plan is to rely on the free transfer market and persuading some of this lot to stay in order to have a squad then we're in big trouble.  I wouldn't blame Nigel for not wanting to stick around.  I'd happily let all of those out of contract leave.  

They're dead wood and have the wrong mentality. Like rot it's too far ingrained. Time to rip out the old timber and replace the lot.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, this mob have now not performed for LJ, Holden and Pearson. All totally different managers.

At some point you have to say the players are just not good enough and the clown(s) who have brought them to the Club need to go.

Rip it up and start again, minus Ashton.

A truly frightening waste of a solid platform left by Cotts on which we could have built an adventurous, attacking and successful team. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

This. 

Positivity doesn't win points. 

We are garbage at most things much of the time. 

Our home performance and stats tell you everything you need to know about the club, and that has been the case for 3 years. 

Our players are generally of poor quality and collectively the club like to flag unexpectedly good performances or results as "our level". It isn't our level. We get lucky sometimes, as does everyone else. It isn't the norm. 

Our level is less than average in this division and we have players very few teams would want to buy. 

Only the Gas perhaps?

I didn't think it was that bad.

Thought we played some good stuff in the first half. Some short memories here I think. If you really thought that was bad compared to the dross under Holden then you are beyond help. We got done by a team doing what they do. Naive?.. yes.

Don't really think you can legislate for a keeper making such a ****wit decision to come for a high ball that he is nowhere near against a giant striker when his warrior skipper who wins everything in the air has just gone off. 

We would have won if that hadn't happened. 

• Like 4

We don't, in my opinion, have poor players. They have been poorly managed - for several years - by people lacking experience and too often out of their depth at this level. We have players devoid of confidence. Panic sets in more often than not. We have no winning mentality.

Pearson has a big job to do, but, just for once, we have a manager whose track record suggest he can do it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well, this mob have now not performed for LJ, Holden and Pearson. All totally different managers.

At some point you have to say the players are just not good enough and the clown(s) who have brought them to the Club need to go.

A truly frightening waste of a solid platform left by Cotts on which we could have built an adventurous, attacking and successful team. 

Cotts team was such a solid platform he left us in the relegation zone. The real crime is failing to push on from 17-18.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RedRock said:

I wholeheartedly agree with the last paragraph, but other than that, this is such an overreaction.

Were you spouting such shite after any of our recent away games?

• Like 1

I've only seen one game so I don't want to be too hasty to judge, but I think there's an absolutely massive job to sort that out in the summer, albeit I know you've a few injured that may change things a bit on return. From the very start, you looked like a team that didn't know how to score a goal and it was never obvious what the approach to the game was, what the patterns of play were meant to be etc. Two poor bits of goalkeeping was the difference in the end, fair play to Rotherham because they never looked troubled but I'm not sure how much of that was down to them being solid and how much of that was down to the lack of attacking quality. 

Things got a little better when Lansbury and Semenyo came on. At least Lansbury looked for more adventurous passes and Semenyo tried to get in between the lines. Never been impressed with Diedhou when I've seen him and even less impressed today. Seen Hunt get plenty of stick on here, can see why. Struggling to think of anyone to take note of, Wells did alright and Massengo was busy if a bit lacking on the ball. I probably won't be rushing to catch another game.

Have to say, the result doesn't disappoint me as it keeps Derby, Cov, and Forest in the mix. Sorry. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I didn't think it was that bad.

Thought we played some good stuff in the first half. Some short memories here I think. If you really thought that was bad compared to the dross under Holden then you are beyond help. We got done by a team doing what they do. Naive?.. yes.

Don't really think you can legislate for a keeper making such a ****wit decision to come for a high ball that he is nowhere near against a giant striker when his warrior skipper who wins everything in the air has just gone off. 

We would have won if that hadn't happened. 

Respectfully disagree - thought we were dreadful from start to finish.

Yes, we shot ourselves in the foot with the goals but second half I recall two corners that were beyond wasteful. First one we took it short (why?!?) and it resulted in a Rotherham throwin. The second went out for a goal kick. That’s inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Ah, but that was because of the "Five Pillars" and sustainability, Cotts couldn't live with that.  Another mistake from the board. The only way things will change for the better is when they get shot of Ashton.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I wholeheartedly agree with the last paragraph, but other than that, this is such an overreaction.

Were you spouting such shite after any of our recent away games?

I’ve been spouting such shite for the last 3 years and we’re still shite. 

• Haha 1