IGNORED

Kalas

sh1t_ref_again

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

And your view is objectively correct. He looks hench on those yacht pics on Insta though mind.

Doesn’t look mentally up to it on a pitch when it matters. Maybe I’m just being harsh though...

1 hour ago, mozo said:

It's also good for NP to have the opportunity to display his Alpha status in the group. 

Your account doesn't explain the Kalas absence on Saturday though...

Kalas was at AG yesterday, shown mingling with the other players not in the match day 20, e.g. Semenyo, Diedhiou.

Kalas at one point was rather good at Interceptions,  that side of the game. Norwich at home in 2018/19, he had the most on the pitch IIRC.

The fact it appears to have regressed into blocks, is that a sign of a more reactive game plan and dropping back down the pitch as a team, too deep etc.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Kalas at one point was rather good at Interceptions,  that side of the game. Norwich at home in 2018/19, he had the most on the pitch IIRC.

The fact it appears to have regressed into blocks, is that a sign of a more reactive game plan and dropping back down the pitch as a team, too deep etc.

I think it helped that we were playing further up the pitch back then. He was protected more with Webster next to him with Brownhill and Pack ahead of him.

Makes me think where did it all go so wrong. We had good players then

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I think it helped that we were playing further up the pitch back then. He was protected more with Webster next to him with Brownhill and Pack ahead of him.

Makes me think where did it all go so wrong. We had good players then

Definitely agree. If fit I'm not convinced our squad that bad, certainly not 19th more around midtable though change is coming this Summer.

13 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Hearing rumbles of a RHPC bust up and TK sent home after snapping NW and a stand up row with NP 

I heard it was frustration with the club's Covid protocols and hearing that Wells is an anti-Vaxxer just sent Kalas over the edge.......

11 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I was wrong about Simpson, although he's only on a short term deal and I'm not sure he'll be with us next season. Sess did start 9 games for Fulham when they went up but he wasn't a key player in the squad, and he's not our player anyway. Kalas is the only contracted player we've got with promotion experience in the Championship.

Cool, didn't know the goalposts had moved...

On 08/05/2021 at 17:55, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not seen much mentioned as to reasons why Kalas not even in squad today. He has been very poor recently and also wonder some of the NP comments on lack of communication and other errors could of been aimed at him. Can be a good defender, but do not see him a a captain

could he be on way out or total no story

Well NP seemed to say ' he needed a rest'. 

Which makes sense he has euros coming up. I see him as a very good player to build the defence around. But a decent price might well be got for him. So might be on his merry way.

Be interesting to see how  the rebuild goes. I think there be few surprises

44 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

What a pity Kalas could not  have shown the same passion on the pitch in recent months.

Thats bollocks, Kalas has shown more passion that most! He hasn't been at his best but to say he hasn't shown passion is very unfair.

16 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Thats bollocks, Kalas has shown more passion that most! He hasn't been at his best but to say he hasn't shown passion is very unfair.

Yep, had a few ropey games very recently, but has been the one putting his body on the line throughout most of the season.

I think the captain / leadership bit clouds the opinion of how he’s played as an individual.

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well NP seemed to say ' he needed a rest'. 

Which makes sense he has euros coming up. I see him as a very good player to build the defence around. But a decent price might well be got for him. So might be on his merry way.

Be interesting to see how  the rebuild goes. I think there be few surprises

He didn't say why though... ?

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

He didn't say why though... ?

Get used to it!! That's not a dig btw. We ain't the Gas with loose lips Barton calling out anyone and everyone, we have a top professional in charge of us now whatever your views on his management ability to date. He will probably be raging that the incident has got out into the public domain tbh.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, had a few ropey games very recently, but has been the one putting his body on the line throughout most of the season.

I think the captain / leadership bit clouds the opinion of how he’s played as an individual.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't LJ give Kalas the captaincy as a sweetner for the loss of Webster?

Personally think he's not captain material and plays better when not captain.

Needs a ball playing CB next to him imo.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Get used to it!! That's not a dig btw. We ain't the Gas with loose lips Barton calling out anyone and everyone, we have a top professional in charge of us now whatever your views on his management ability to date. He will probably be raging that the incident has got out into the public domain tbh.

Absolutely. I didn't say he should have.

For what it's worth (not much), I believe the rumours of a bust up but I don't think it necessarily affects the future. It will be the reason for Kalas being dropped, but if there was a game next week I would imagine he would be involved again.

Just now, Superjack said:

Absolutely. I didn't say he should have.

For what it's worth (not much), I believe the rumours of a bust up but I don't think it necessarily affects the future. It will be the reason for Kalas being dropped, but if there was a game next week I would imagine he would be involved again.

Listening to Pearson I think he is the type of bloke who will say "Do you want to put it behind us and stay here or not?". These things do happen.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't LJ give Kalas the captaincy as a sweetner for the loss of Webster?

Pretty sure Bailey Wright was still club captain wasn’t he? Up until his loan at least, Just didn’t play much, thought Brownhill wore the arm band a fair bit? Then Kalas wearing the arm band a bit after Brownhill left? Could be way wrong here

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pretty sure Bailey Wright was still club captain wasn’t he? Up until his loan at least, Just didn’t play much, thought Brownhill wore the arm band a fair bit? Then Kalas wearing the arm band a bit after Brownhill left? Could be way wrong here

Didn’t Korey get it after Brownhill left?

What I've heard is that the bust up is not between NP and TK but between TK and another highly paid player who has also had a run in with NP.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Didn’t Korey get it after Brownhill left?

Yes.  Brownhill had it over Korey to boost his value it seems.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

Timeline slightly out there mate - it was Holden that gave Kalas the captaincy just prior to the Cov game (IIRC Holden made a big deal that he’d decided on his captain and would reveal it on the first day).

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/captain-kalas-to-lead-robins/

Post Webster going, it’s correct to say Bailey Wright was club captain. The armband bounced around a bit - I think Pack had it for the first (Leeds) game and then it was mainly Brownhill pre lockdown and Smith post. TK had on a couple of occasions but couldn’t have been linked to Webster’s leaving

Archived