IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Laugh all you want but the facts are quite clear .. We've won 2 promotions 

From non league and league two.

:rofl2br:

Plus I was laughing at the idea of your managers "passion". He might like a drunken pissup but I doubt the man from Mansfield actually gives a crap about you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philgas said:

You forgot the relegation to non-league btw.

What has that got to do with passion?

You can have a good manager and still admit hes a bit of an arse. For the record, Steve Cotterill gave us one of the best seasons in living memory for most and had passion but i didn't like his perceived personality one bit and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that.

• Like 3

Rovers fans seem to want DC to show loyalty to Rovers, to see the job through, keep learning your trade etc etc but if they  start League 1 badly next season he could easily be gone by Christmas and what then for him?

If DC is half as good a manager as the Rovers fans say he is, then he doesn't need to worry about having a dodgy Leeds chairman, cause he will be successful, and at the end of the day Leeds have not been successful for years.  He has also worked under a dodgy Chairman at Rovers for the last 2 years and it went ok, so a bit of a non argument.

DC can't do anymore with Rovers in their current state, terrible stadium, no prospect of a new one for at least 3 years, the sensible decision is to cash in your chips now DC if a bigger club comes in, the opportunity may never come up again.  

Plus it would amuse me greatly, as I wouldn't like to come into Rovers now with players all out of contract, selling their top striker etc etc could be very tough

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

From non league and league two.

:rofl2br:

Plus I was laughing at the idea of your managers "passion". He might like a drunken pissup but I doubt the man from Mansfield actually gives a crap about you.

Again I don't care about that we've gone up 2 leagues that's good in most peoples eyes except for a lot of city fans on here ..fairplay to those that congratulated us , the rest have been nothing other than bitter . DC is our hero .. Now awaiting a torrent of abuse ... tick-tock ..

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Rovers fans seem to want DC to show loyalty to Rovers, to see the job through, keep learning your trade etc etc but if they  start League 1 badly next season he could easily be gone by Christmas and what then for him?

If DC is half as good a manager as the Rovers fans say he is, then he doesn't need to worry about having a dodgy Leeds chairman, cause he will be successful, and at the end of the day Leeds have not been successful for years.  He has also worked under a dodgy Chairman at Rovers for the last 2 years and it went ok, so a bit of a non argument.

DC can't do anymore with Rovers in their current state, terrible stadium, no prospect of a new one for at least 3 years, the sensible decision is to cash in your chips now DC if a bigger club comes in, the opportunity may never come up again.  

Plus it would amuse me greatly, as I wouldn't like to come into Rovers now with players all out of contract, selling their top striker etc etc could be very tough

We shall just have to wait and see 

2 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Again I don't care about that we've gone up 2 leagues that's good in most peoples eyes except for a lot of city fans on here ..fairplay to those that congratulated us , the rest have been nothing other than bitter . DC is our hero .. Now awaiting a torrent of abuse ... tick-tock ..

He has done a decent job nobody is denying that, but the bloke is a Grade A cock.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Absolutely, and credit where credit's due (at this point I feel obliged to point out your first promotional trip to wembley was almost matched by a team of part timers, coached by a PE teacher, but I digress) two promotions are good. The thing is many managers show passion but even the big man, Steve Evans , running down the touch line showing his undercrackers to the world, would not get pissed in a local pretending to be a man of the people, unprofessional.

57 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Hero?  Has he saved someone's life? 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely, and credit where credit's due (at this point I feel obliged to point out your first promotional trip to wembley was almost matched by a team of part timers, coached by a PE teacher, but I digress) two promotions are good. The thing is many managers show passion but even the big man, Steve Evans , running down the touch line showing his undercrackers to the world, would not get pissed in a local pretending to be a man of the people, unprofessional.

Blimey glad you don't represent the thoughts of most city fans

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

:facepalm:

Bitter about what exactly?

2 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Our promotions etc you can tell by most of the comments on here .. slate us all you want .. sticks and stones etc .. must dash I have work to do 

So you disagree with the bit were he gave you due credit and said two promotions was good. You're a hard man to please I think!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Our promotions etc you can tell by most of the comments on here .. slate us all you want .. sticks and stones etc .. must dash I have work to do 

Shelf stacking at Sainsbury?