IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Many people think that June and July are quiet months at football clubs but that is not the case here at Bristol Rovers.

Not only have the club been working hard trying to strengthen the playing squad for the upcoming 2016/17 League One campaign but significant developments are also being made away from Darrell Clarke’s playing squad.

The Memorial Stadium is undergoing a makeover.

Rovers South Stand is going to be re-clad and completely refurbished along with an entire set of new seats.

Along with the enhancements of the South Stand, we are delighted to announce that we will be re-introducing the South West Stand, which will hopefully increase our total capacity.
Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/memorial-stadium-makeover-3149923.aspx#8RSxg1hqVpTd4yX5.99

Seems the move to South Gloucestershire is not going to happen any time soon.

Do i read that correctly, they are building an extension onto the South Stand ?, begs the question why if they are getting a shiny new stadium.

6 minutes ago, cidercity said:
Many people think that June and July are quiet months at football clubs but that is not the case here at Bristol Rovers.

Not only have the club been working hard trying to strengthen the playing squad for the upcoming 2016/17 League One campaign but significant developments are also being made away from Darrell Clarke’s playing squad.

Rovers South Stand is going to be re-clad and completely refurbished along with an entire set of new cheap, white plastic patio seats.

Along with the enhancements of the South Stand, we are delighted to announce that we will be re-introducing the South West Stand, which will hopefully increase our total capacity.

The story has been updated ...

• Like 2

So they are putting in a new tent and they HOPE this will increase capacity.

Not being tricky here, but surely if you add more seats without reducing capacity elsewhere then you SHOULD see an overall increase (unless you are counting the number locked out, which will decrease).

#gaslogic 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Rovers South Stand is going to be re-clad and completely refurbished along with an entire set of new seats.

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/memorial-stadium-makeover-3149923.aspx#8RSxg1hqVpTd4yX5.99

Do i read that correctly, they are building an extension onto the South Stand ?, begs the question why if they are getting a shiny new stadium.

I really wish we were as busy as them. I mean putting the finishing touches in to a new 12k seater stand really is small fry compared to putting up a new tent.

9 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I really wish we were as busy as them. I mean putting the finishing touches in to a new 12k seater stand really is small fry compared to putting up a new tent.

... but that's what Bedouins,do. From Wiki: 

Today Bedouins make up from 33% to 40% of the population of Jordan. Often they are referred to as a backbone of the Kingdom, since Bedouin clans traditionally support the monarchy.

Most of Jordan’s Bedouin live in the vast wasteland that extends east from the Desert Highway.The eastern Bedouin are camel breeders and herders, while the western Bedouin herd sheep and goats. Some Bedouin in Jordan are semi-nomads, they adopt a nomadic existence during part of the year but return to their lands and homes in time to practice agriculture..

5 hours ago, cidercity said:

Weird saying that it will 'hopefully' increase their capacity reintroducing the South West Stand??  Either it will or it won't surely?

9 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Ha ha ... I don't think so .. Gotta say though we had to go to Staples last week and was impressed with your renovation of Ashton Gate. .. We are easily pleased at Rovers you see .. loving the New portaloos and stuff 

Should have popped in for a coffee or a pint. We take all sorts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cidercity said:

I honestly thought this was  piss take till I clicked the link. Out of interest (not much, I grant you) which of the monolithic stands IS the South stand ?

14 hours ago, cidercity said:

It's getting a new fly sheet and guy ropes.