IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given Wally refuses to write a cheque so small as to pay for a stadium, I assume that at some point they will have to sell the Mem to part fund their new one.

Won't this lead to another couple of years delay as planning permission, objections and community status claims are all made?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36656300

Today's news about the elevation of certain war memorials around the country, whilst not affecting the Memorial Ground yet, may perhaps cause them issues sometime in the future if Historic England turn its attentions in its direction?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36656300

Today's news about the elevation of certain war memorials around the country, whilst not affecting the Memorial Ground yet, may perhaps cause them issues sometime in the future if Historic England turn its attentions in its direction?

I believe if enough Bristolians make their feelings known about the plans of Bristol Rovers towards a war memorial then perhaps the Ministry will take notice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I believe if enough Bristolians make their feelings known about the plans of Bristol Rovers towards a war memorial then perhaps the Ministry will take notice.

This blog(?) makes interesting reading on the memorial status and appears to take a sensible view towards the gates, especially towards the bottom...

https://memorialgroundbristol.wordpress.com/

• Like 1

• Admin
41 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

This blog(?) makes interesting reading on the memorial status and appears to take a sensible view towards the gates, especially towards the bottom...

https://memorialgroundbristol.wordpress.com/

Hasn't heard of this before

It was recently announced by Clare Campion-Smith, the Lord Mayor of Bristol, that the city’s Ceremony of Remembrance in 2016 will be held at the Memorial Stadium. Usually the service and parade is held at the Cenotaph in the city centre, but this area is being remodelled for Metrobus. The directors of Bristol Rovers FC, who own the Memorial Ground, have kindly offered to host the event.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It was recently announced by Clare Campion-Smith, the Lord Mayor of Bristol, that the city’s Ceremony of Remembrance in 2016 will be held at the Memorial Stadium. Usually the service and parade is held at the Cenotaph in the city centre, but this area is being remodelled for Metrobus. The directors of Bristol Rovers FC, who own the Memorial Ground, have kindly offered to host the event.

Hence the additional shipping containers and portaloos, no doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

How thoughtful of them, only 5minutes ago they wanted to flow the ground for a fiver and get rid of everything the ground stands for, fickle twerps

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

That is a garden shed to the left of the container?

Got to give it to The Gas, a worthy effort to raise the standard of their facilities. 

I understand they are trying to recreate a period in time when they had great success. They are now transforming the Memorial Ground into "Azteca Twerton".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philgas said:

You may mock ... but ... we have a plan. .. watch this space folks 

Would that be the space between the ears, that developed, or imagined the said plan?

You are confused, you don't have a plan, you have a "Pan", it's been moved to behind the terrace for your convenience. 

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Would that be the space between the ears, that developed, or imagined the said plan?

You are confused, you don't have a plan, you have a "Pan", it's been moved to behind the terrace for your convenience. 

All will be revealed soon .. say no more

The plan is...............

There is no plan. 

He has no money, his family will not front him the money, he cannot raise the funds. 

Even more so now the currency markets and stock markets have bombed, nobody wants to lend to a minor - insignificant football club. 

"Thousand Foot Bargepole" is the most overused comment.

How do I know this? Numerous associates in the City have been approached and revel in telling me knowing I take a passing interest in a shambles of a (and I put this loosely) 'football club'. 

Oh and a very disgruntled, senior figure who's at the end of their wits with the situation. 

As a fan of football, I urge once again their supporters have to start asking very searching questions, it's going to end badly. 

Edited by Charliesboots
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

There is no plan. 

He has no money, his family will not front him the money, he cannot raise the funds. 

Even more so now the currency markets and stock markets have bombed, nobody wants to lend to a minor - insignificant football club. 

How do I know this? Numerous associates in the City have been approached and revel in telling me knowing I take a passing interest in a shambles of a (and I put this loosely) 'football club'. 

Oh and a very disgruntled, senior figure who's at the end of their wits with the situation. 

As a fan of football, I urge once again their supporters have to start asking very searching questions, it's going to end badly. 

Diversionary tactics ... = Gas logic 

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

There is no plan. 

But Waely is a billionaire. Surely he'll just open his wallet?

Mmmmmm,        suggest your friends in the city are of the living rough type , as stock markets are higher than last week, and low pound means cheaper for foreign investors!

(still agree that no one sane would invest in Blue few)

4 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Mmmmmm,        suggest your friends in the city are of the living rough type , as stock markets are higher than last week, and low pound means cheaper for foreign investors!

(still agree that no one sane would invest in Blue few)

Agree cheaper for foreign investors...if they could raise the funds their end, but they cannot.

Volatility means what's being lent is to sound investments and as we  all know this isn't one of those. 

memorialstadium.jpg

"The club has already announced that they are to refurbish the South Stand by to include adding a fixed roof and a new flooring to the currently tent-like structure."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-consider-increase-in-memorial-stadium-capacity-after-supporters-snap-up-every-seat/story-29456931-detail/story.html

I thought you only sat in a tent when you went to watch a circus?!

...............................ah, the penny has just dropped ... now I understand!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

memorialstadium.jpg

"The club has already announced that they are to refurbish the South Stand by to include adding a fixed roof and a new flooring to the currently tent-like structure."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-consider-increase-in-memorial-stadium-capacity-after-supporters-snap-up-every-seat/story-29456931-detail/story.html

I thought you only sat in a tent when you went to watch a circus?!

...............................ah, the penny has just dropped ... now I understand!

Our circus is very entertaining. . We have a good time .. plenty of laughs while at the same time we have had good results .. our lot have learnt to adapt to our surroundings and enjoy life as it is ..

23 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

That is a garden shed to the left of the container?

Got to give it to The Gas, a worthy effort to raise the standard of their facilities. 

We're certainly pushing out the boat on this one .. upgrading all over the ground .. you're just jealous. .