IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:07pm via mobile Jon the Stripe likes this
Post Options

Post by astafjevs on Feb 19, 2016 at 11:07pm

I can't help it, I'm trying to be positive and I totally want the club to succeed, but I can't shake the feeling this is to be good to be true.

Reading between the lines it seems UWE is not a formality for the new owners, and I worry we've swapped a bunch of incompetents whose heart was in the club for a bunch we know nothing about. What's to stop them selling the ground and buggering off?

I know I'm a miserable sod, but I am desperate to see something impressive from our new owners other than just some well chosen words. An unsuccessful Swansea chairman, Coventry City's accountant, and Watola as CEO isn't quite the stuff I was dreaming of before today's events. 

There, I've said it. I'm as worried about the future of the club tonight as I was last night.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4606/good-true#ixzz4BxP2zmVB

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Did you spot that there`s one bell end on there that thinks there`s no January transfer window any more?

I did spot a couple who are now saying he can't score 1 on 1's and that he misses more than he scores (newsflash, all strikers do!), so I guess they are trying to convince themselves that he wasn't that special after all. Last month he was better than Kodjia :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It made me chuckle too! They still bleat on about Steve L living in Guernsey - but hasn't Wael registered a company in Jersey so is doing exactly the same?!

they are just sad and bitter because their "billionaire" isn't even a millionaire

37 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It made me chuckle too! They still bleat on about Steve L living in Guernsey - but hasn't Wael registered a company in Jersey so is doing exactly the same?!

They can criticise Lansdown as much as they want, the facts are that he keeps putting his money where his mouth is by  making quality signings and turning our spiritual home into a modern 27k stadium fit for this level and above if necessary.

So far their owner, the Worlds richest man, has overseen the juggling around of some piss stained shipping containers at the Mem and signed a few lower league cloggers. In the background Steve Hamer keeps himself busy making important announcements about **** all.

To top it off, despite being the 6th richest club in the Universe it would appear that their star man clearly doesn't want to play for them anymore.

No wonder they're bitter.

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They can criticise Lansdown as much as they want, the facts are that he keeps putting his money where his mouth is by  making quality signings and turning our spiritual home into a modern 27k stadium fit for this level and above if necessary.

So far their owner, the Worlds richest man, has overseen the juggling around of some piss stained shipping containers at the Mem and signed a few lower league cloggers. In the background Steve Hamer keeps himself busy making important announcements about **** all.

To top it off, despite being the 6th richest club in the Universe it would appear that their star man clearly doesn't want to play for them anymore.

There may not be a literal gap in the divisions at the moment but both sides are still miles apart.

Our new stadium finished - there's not started (car park aside!), investing in some new tarp and temp seating at the Mem.

We sign on our "star player" after a successful loan spell - there's is about to walk away for nothing.

There is a gulf forming between Champ and L1 level, if you are not prepared to pay millions of pounds on players, invest even bigger sums on your stadium and infrastructure, your likely to suffer. You don't get a huge pot of money once you reach the league but you need one to survive and compete in it. I'm struggling to see anything other than lower league football for them for the foreseeable future.

This summer was the chance for their owner to put his money where his mouth is, total no show so far.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

The bitterness on gaschat about Us signing Lee Tomlin is brilliant!

To be fair I'd be a bit concerned if they weren't bitter.

Can you remember the outpour of bitterness and jealousy on OTIB when they signed a reject from Port Vale? No nor me.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Summed up perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

And as one comment on The Post's story, he didn't cost 3 million quid either. 

But then I'm not sure who has actually cost £3m :yawn:

come on we know how they like to make numbers up.

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

And as one comment on The Post's story, he didn't cost 3 million quid either. 

But then I'm not sure who has actually cost £3m :yawn:

2 goals in his last 61 matches :yes:

Utterly clueless them lot. They are trying to dine out on the fact that they are doing everything on the cheap in the name of sustainability. Well their league 1 status won't be sustainable the way they are going about things that's for sure. Perhaps the penny will drop when they're in the relegation zone at Christmas struggling to score goals. 

Edited by pride of the west