IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

memorialstadium.jpg

"The club has already announced that they are to refurbish the South Stand by to include adding a fixed roof and a new flooring to the currently tent-like structure."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-consider-increase-in-memorial-stadium-capacity-after-supporters-snap-up-every-seat/story-29456931-detail/story.html

I thought you only sat in a tent when you went to watch a circus?!

...............................ah, the penny has just dropped ... now I understand!

Plan B begins ...

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

memorialstadium.jpg

"The club has already announced that they are to refurbish the South Stand by to include adding a fixed roof and a new flooring to the currently tent-like structure."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-consider-increase-in-memorial-stadium-capacity-after-supporters-snap-up-every-seat/story-29456931-detail/story.html

I thought you only sat in a tent when you went to watch a circus?!

...............................ah, the penny has just dropped ... now I understand!

Bye, bye UWE :whistle:

• Like 1

The upgrades (if you can call them that) aren't an indication of UWE being shelved, more that they actually have some cash to install a converted steel container and a new roof for the tent to 'smarten' the place up whilst UWE gets sorted.

UWE will happen for them. 100%

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I thought they weren't starting the car park until October? Maybe......possibly......with a fair following wind.....

You could well be right. With so much progress on the new stadium and current developments at the Mem, it's hard to keep track of it all.

• Like 1

This says they need to begin work by October....

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-news-club-hoping-break-ground/story-28971619-detail/story.html

"There is a requirement to start work on a car park on that site by October and that is our next target. UWE have 30,000 students and because they are building in other areas they are losing car parking space. That is the next definitive target and would really be the first smoke signal of real progress on the project."

Have they started now and I missed that news or is this still valid?

12 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

memorialstadium.jpg

"Tent-like structure"?

That's like saying Rovers are "pikey-like"

• Like 7

On 28 June 2016 at 18:22, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Who needs the UWE when they have got state-of-the-art developments going on at the Mem?

It has been painted to match the piss-stains on Santa's Grotto.

control-tower235-3159227_613x460.JPG

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/more-changes-at-the-mem-3159617.aspx

I'm just checking back into this thread, it's been a while and you may have to help me with this....they are actually installing THAT???!!!!

Holy shit we demolished better than that. :rofl2br:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, richwwtk said:

This says they need to begin work by October....

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-news-club-hoping-break-ground/story-28971619-detail/story.html

"There is a requirement to start work on a car park on that site by October and that is our next target. UWE have 30,000 students and because they are building in other areas they are losing car parking space. That is the next definitive target and would really be the first smoke signal of real progress on the project."

Have they started now and I missed that news or is this still valid?

They are waiting for someone to knock on their door and offer their services "Would you like your drive Tarmacked?"

Until this point no ground will be 'broken'. 

Who'd be a Billionaire eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

They are waiting for someone to knock on their door and offer their services "Would you like your drive Tarmacked?"

Until this point no ground will be 'broken'. 

Who'd be a Billionaire eh?

I know some Irish lads down Pilning way who will do a good job......Brunel paving or just google John Coffey Bristol.Nice bunch of lads really and could probably help wally out.

14 hours ago, Philgas said:

We're certainly pushing out the boat on this one .. upgrading all over the ground .. you're just jealous. . 

Boat. What boat?

I knew you had ground water-issues at the cabbage patch but has it got that bad? 

I guess I seriously underestimated Wally.

I thought your tent was the trigger for his interest in your Club and was going to inspire him to create an Arabian theme for your stadium revamp. Clearly, he's now scrapped that plan and picked up on you as 'Pirates' and is going to develop that idea. Pirate ship stands! Genius. 

Ps has Higgs issued a statement saying they'll be 'watertight' yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm just checking back into this thread, it's been a while and you may have to help me with this....they are actually installing THAT???!!!!

Holy shit we demolished better than that. :rofl2br:

Its not even a new addition, just rearranging the proverbial deck chairs

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Boat. What boat?

I knew you had ground water-issues at the cabbage patch but has it got that bad? 

I guess I seriously underestimated Wally.

I thought your tent was the trigger for his interest in your Club and was going to inspire him to create an Arabian theme for your stadium revamp. Clearly, he's now scrapped that plan and picked up on you as 'Pirates' and is going to develop that idea. Pirate ship stands! Genius. 

Ps has Higgs issued a statement saying they'll be 'watertight' yet?

Our tent is one of the pulling factors for new players wanting to play for an up and forward moving club !!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Philgas said:

Our tent is one of the pulling factors for new players wanting to play for an up and forward moving club !!

I suppose a tent is good for a forward moving club. They can take it with them when they move to the new car park at UWE.