IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

The Gas were back at Wycombe remember?!

I think @In the Net is very sensible not to get too carried away just yet.

They do have a great chance of going up either automatically or via the playoffs, but never count chickens until they hatch.

Unfortunately some Gasheads just can’t help themselves and end up providing us with the ammo to take the piss out of them. 
That is when they go back into hiding.

Did they ever win the court case against Wycombe? .................they wouldn't let it lie!!

On 04/05/2022 at 17:36, In the Net said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the reasons are due to ground being deemed unsafe.  I believe that a few Safety Advisory Groups have been flexing their muscles since Covid - must have too much time on their hands with all that working at home.

There is a stipulation this season that people are not allowed to stand pitchside, as the front walkways have to be kept clear.  I don't really see the point of this, as the walkways have always had enough space for people to use them safely, even with a couple of rows of kids/short-arse people standing right at the front.  I believe that there was also concern about people standing on the yellow lined areas on the terracing, they seem to think that reducing the capacity will create more space, and stop this happening - wishful thinking.

Obviously the newest tent will have reduced the capacity since we last had a sell-out game, although this is being removed during the summer, and reverting to terracing.

No idea why any of you are bothered about our stadium or capacity, when you have your own state of the art gaff.

No idea why any of you are bothered about our stadium or capacity, when you have your own state of the art gaff.

i think you made a mistake by using the word stadium?

On 04/05/2022 at 17:36, In the Net said:

Obviously the newest tent will have reduced the capacity since we last had a sell-out game

Serious question.

When was the last time you sold the ground out? and what was the attendance?

I saw you had about 9,500 Vs FGR , what is the current capacity ? I thought it was over 12k at one point, has it been reduced that much?

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Serious question.

When was the last time you sold the ground out? and what was the attendance?

I saw you had about 9,500 Vs FGR , what is the current capacity ? I thought it was over 12k at one point, has it been reduced that much?

As far as I know, the two previous games were sold out - capacity is around the 9,500 mark, but does vary slightly, depending on how the South Stand is set up - how many seats have to be netted for segregation etc.  The capacity has been reduced (not of our chosing) to around 9,500 this season, the former away terrace, which was used by home fans for the previous 3 games, looked rather sparsely populated compared to previous season's when there was a "full house" of away fans on it.  

Even the players have been restricted on tickets for this game, so there certainly aren't unsold ones knocking about.  I think Scunthorpe are bringing around 280, so I'm expecting something around the 9,500 figure again. 

Capacity did used to be over 11,000 at one point, a fair bit of income lost over the last few games, compared to past seasons - not that we were often at capacity, of course! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

As far as I know, the two previous games were sold out - capacity is around the 9,500 mark, but does vary slightly, depending on how the South Stand is set up - how many seats have to be netted for segregation etc.  The capacity has been reduced (not of our chosing) to around 9,500 this season, the former away terrace, which was used by home fans for the previous 3 games, looked rather sparsely populated compared to previous season's when there was a "full house" of away fans on it.  

Even the players have been restricted on tickets for this game, so there certainly aren't unsold ones knocking about.  I think Scunthorpe are bringing around 280, so I'm expecting something around the 9,500 figure again. 

Capacity did used to be over 11,000 at one point, a fair bit of income lost over the last few games, compared to past seasons - not that we were often at capacity, of course! 

Whatever excuses they come up with for the reduced capacity, it seems an amazing coincidence to me that the capacity was reduced to below 10,000 just as the potential added costs of staff required to check Covid Passports for venues holding over 10,000 came in.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Suppose for most of the players, a reduced complimentary ticket allocation is akin to a pay rise.

"What, you mean my family DON'T have to come and watch this? Brilliant!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Even the players have been restricted on tickets for this game

Blimey, your players have to buy a ticket to get in…is that instead of paying subs to the gaffer to play?

Do they take it in turns each week to take everyone’s kit home after the match for their mums to wash it all?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

As far as I know, the two previous games were sold out - capacity is around the 9,500 mark, but does vary slightly, depending on how the South Stand is set up 

I take it by that you mean how they arrange the patio chairs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also depends how many plastic patio chairs were broken in the previous home games and can’t be fixed by gaffer tape

4 hours ago, In the Net said:

As far as I know, the two previous games were sold out - capacity is around the 9,500 mark, but does vary slightly, depending on how the South Stand is set up

To someone from outside of Bristol, this will sound very state-of-the-art, based on being mis-informed that your club is owned by a multi-trillionaire.

Imagine that !  A Stand that can have it's capacity extended simply by th press of a button. The mind boggles. What will they think of next?

However, the reality is, it's just about how many deck/patio-chairs are still in usuable condition and how they are set out by the trafficked labour supplied to the evil fake Sheik, and his side-kick Madame Irene by local gang-masters from Horfield and surrounding cesspits.

Reminds me of that well-known saying "re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic". 

Very appropriate for a club constantly going down or (very likely once again) staying down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any truth to the rumour that your team is being led out onto the pitch tomorrow to the strains of the theme music from "Steptoe & Son"?

You should blame the guy who requested something from the Rag 'n' Bone Man repertoire.

What a load of rubbish !

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Joey Barton loves to talk about Bristol City. I really hope they **** it up.

Also he mentions if they do get to Wembley they will take 45-50 thousand 

And I bet after every game the first thing he says is "What's the Bristol City score, What's the Bristol City score?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Joey Barton saying his aim is to get rovers in the same division as us….Christ 

Haha, we are basically what they want to be. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Also he mentions if they do get to Wembley they will take 45-50 thousand 

If they end up in the Play Off Final he’ll just say that’s what they took even if it’s clearly obvious that they didn’t take anywhere near that number.

Its what they do...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The team are being led out onto the pitch by a 5 year old boy, Oscar Cridge, who was born with cerebral palsy.  He has lived his life in pain, and was unable to walk, but fundraising enabled him to have a complex operation, which is not available on the NHS.  He's been working hard on his re-have for two years, and he will be walking out with the team tomorrow - a momentous day for him and his family, for reasons which are nothing to do with football. 

Definitely one winner guaranteed tomorrow then.  The courage of kids never ceases to amaze me.

Hope he enjoys his big day but the Gas  still lose naturally.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The team are being led out onto the pitch by a 5 year old boy, Oscar Cridge, who was born with cerebral palsy.  He has lived his life in pain, and was unable to walk, but fundraising enabled him to have a complex operation, which is not available on the NHS.  He's been working hard on his re-have for two years, and he will be walking out with the team tomorrow - a momentous day for him and his family, for reasons which are nothing to do with football. 

I saw that on PW last night, he is such a brave and inspiring lad and deserves to get where he wants to be.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Scunthorpe have sold all their tickets. Apparently their fans want to know what it's like to visit a ground in the non-league.

They’ll find out every fortnight next season.

What I will also say about the Blue Few is fair play to them, they've openly employed a man who has literally battered a woman, calling the attack a "victimless crime" and have had no bad PR about them, zlich, nothing, nada. Their fans have displayed banners of him, chant his name at every game, even mocking the victim with some sickening chants, and lets not forget parading him after beating Rochdale.  Has anyone seen any bad press about them? Nope. This is a man who is also a convicted criminal. 

They could make Rose West the tea lady, Ian Huntley the kit man and Harold Shipman the club doctor and they'd be praised for giving employment to the rehabilitated. A club who's shit literally doesn't stink and you have to give them huge props for that. Our club with all the work we do for for the community could try to employ the "eyes wide shut" PR Rovers have. 

Oh, and I would like to congratulate them on their promotion for tomorrow too. I'm sure somehow it will be controversial, pure unsportsman like and completely against any footballing integrity, but it's Rovers innit. They'll get away with it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, In the Net said:

Capacity did used to be over 11,000 at one point ...

Typical gas exaggeration - this time downwards! The capacity of the Mem was 12,300 - and you never ever sold out - the closest you got was 12,011 vs West Brom - never got close before and since ... you’ve never had a sellout at a tiny stadium - yet Joey Barton claimed recently you could pack out Ashton Gate - capacity 27,000?!! Your tiny home crowd could fit into ONE of our four stands with plenty of room to spare ...

NOW do you get why we laugh at you?!

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

15 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

To someone from outside of Bristol, this will sound very state-of-the-art, based on being mis-informed that your club is owned by a multi-trillionaire.

Imagine that !  A Stand that can have it's capacity extended simply by th press of a button. The mind boggles. What will they think of next?

However, the reality is, it's just about how many deck/patio-chairs are still in usuable condition and how they are set out by the trafficked labour supplied to the evil fake Sheik, and his side-kick Madame Irene by local gang-masters from Horfield and surrounding cesspits.

Reminds me of that well-known saying "re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic". 

Very appropriate for a club constantly going down or (very likely once again) staying down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any truth to the rumour that your team is being led out onto the pitch tomorrow to the strains of the theme music from "Steptoe & Son"?

You should blame the guy who requested something from the Rag 'n' Bone Man repertoire.

What a load of rubbish !

I think Rovers base a sell out on the number of tickets they’ve sold, not the number of tickets available !