IGNORED

Question reference striker

SDBS36

7 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

What is the last date we can sign a new striker if he is going to play against Blackpool, also when does th transfer window close

why do you think we need a striker to add to the potential NP has already 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

5pm on Thursday for a permanent signing, midday on Friday for a loan, I think.

I wouldn’t hold your breath if I was you.

I think bringing a striker in on a season long loan is the best we can hope for.. 

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

I think bringing a striker in on a season long loan is the best we can hope for.. 

All depends on what happens with the likes of Kalas, Nagy, possibly Bentley to me.

We’ll have already played 5 league games before the transfer window closes so lots is up in the air.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I may have missed something here but are you saying that NP has already suggested that he has a striker he is working to bring in?

I suggest you trust in NP and wait and see what happens. I did not suggest in any way or form he has a striker he is looking at. He has budgets, he as KPI,s, he has goals most probably set that he has to acheive by the board of directors and the owners of the club and if he needs to ask for multi funds to bring in what he thinks is the correct fit to the club and also has the potential to get this club in to the Prem there must be a lot of protocals in place for him.

Other positions as well he is probably looking at as well.

Maybe there are deals going on behind the curtains as I suspect there are for other possible players to bring in. We all know Bentley is good and will attract some high pounds that could help NP bring in a potential forward. if Bentley kicks the bloody ball out again like he did last week and he has done it frequently before at the opposing team that then has scored then NP should cash in quick and get rid of him.

I agree time maybe running out for some in regards to  your expectations on a center forward that is required.

29 minutes ago, City oz said:

What makes you think we don't, among the lowest scores in the league, know strikes can only operate on chance provided but seems we create chances but don't score

10 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

What makes you think we don't, among the lowest scores in the league, know strikes can only operate on chance provided but seems we create chances but don't score

Which league and what year

26 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Not sure I agree with this.

Last season we were the worst team in the league in terms of creating chances (look at xG accumulated, for example).

Creating good chances is my greatest concern with our team - not simply converting them.

I do think we need a new striker ideally. However, there's a great need for that striker to benefit our 'general attacking play' (e.g. run in behind, hold the ball up, etc). It's not simply a case of finding someone to convert chances (you could argue that Wells might be sufficient for that). 

Just now, SDBS36 said:

As you say am not a coach and yes we must trust big Nige

It's a tough one for them to swallow but he's basically outgrown the club. Don't blame him for seeking success, at least it's not all about the money on this occasion.

SDB. We do not have this kind of money if it is what you are wanting

2 minutes ago, City oz said:
It's a tough one for them to swallow but he's basically outgrown the club. Don't blame him for seeking success, at least it's not all about the money on this occasion.

SDB. We do not have this kind of money if it is what you are wanting

In my dreams, no not that stupid but if you look at what other clubs are doing in the championship believe we are in that league and should be doing some business if we want to finish above halfway in the league, but let's see what happens, maybe even shocked by one of the young ones coming through

9 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

In my dreams, no not that stupid but if you look at what other clubs are doing in the championship believe we are in that league and should be doing some business if we want to finish above halfway in the league, but let's see what happens, maybe even shocked by one of the young ones coming through

Interesting statement, what strikers have Championship clubs signed this summer that you think we should have gone for, then?

1 hour ago, City oz said:

We are so punchless going forward, no dynamic, no pace, no excitement. Unless semenyo comes in and gets 15, or conway and scott hit the ground running i dont see us getting many goals next season 

Do we need one is the question ? We have had many good managers over frequent years and the one we got know is probably one of the best. Let us keep faith 

Hope you feel the same at the end of the season. Personally, I have strong doubts.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting statement, what strikers have Championship clubs signed this summer that you think we should have gone for, then?

What about James Collins signed by Cardiff for a start, or don't you rate home, is he not what we need, wrong type of player ect

Do we need one is the question ? We have had many good managers over frequent years and the one we got know is probably one of the best. Let us keep faith 

He said he needed one. It is the overspending allowef by Lansdown in the Johnson era and Covid that is preventing us signing one without selling. What I cannot understand is why we have not brought one on  loan. The loan system is used by many of our rivals seems a step too far for us. Unfortunately I think we will  regret this starting Saturday.

1 hour ago, SDBS36 said:

What about James Collins signed by Cardiff for a start, or don't you rate home, is he not what we need, wrong type of player ect

That’s fair.

He’s ok & probably a more likely scorer than Chris Martin.

He is 30 & only scored 10 last season though, which sort of makes my point.

I think we need someone with pace. Southampton have a young lad who has looked useful with lots of pace named Obafemi. Not a great goal scoring record but plays in premier league. 

The problem? They want 6m for him. We don’t have the ability to do that at the minute. Most championship clubs can’t afford that. So I think it needs to be kept in mind that transfer fees are staying about the same but there is a lot less money about at the minute. I’d love a striker but why rush it and get it wrong this summer and be stuck with someone? Think we need to stay up and build a strong foundation. Let us see where that puts us in January and next summer as we probably aren’t a striker away from playoff contention. 

35 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think we need someone with pace. Southampton have a young lad who has looked useful with lots of pace named Obafemi. Not a great goal scoring record but plays in premier league. 

The problem? They want 6m for him. We don’t have the ability to do that at the minute. Most championship clubs can’t afford that. So I think it needs to be kept in mind that transfer fees are staying about the same but there is a lot less money about at the minute. I’d love a striker but why rush it and get it wrong this summer and be stuck with someone? Think we need to stay up and build a strong foundation. Let us see where that puts us in January and next summer as we probably aren’t a striker away from playoff contention. 

There's always the loan with a view to buy avenue, give us chance to look and the player a chance to prove themselves

not saying in this case but always an option if needed, think your right as this is going to be a big season for us with a need to stay up

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

We are so punchless going forward, no dynamic, no pace, no excitement. Unless semenyo comes in and gets 15, or conway and scott hit the ground running i dont see us getting many goals next season 

Gonna wait until I see the standard of our opponents first.  Most clubs have not improved from last season, Covid finances hitting hard.  Several have stood still, but operating with smaller squads.

Id like to think we are harder to beat at first….and build from there.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gonna wait until I see the standard of our opponents first.  Most clubs have not improved from last season, Covid finances hitting hard.  Several have stood still, but operating with smaller squads.

Id like to think we are harder to beat at first….and build from there.

The playing field has certainly been levelled Dafydd. Maybe good actually for football in general.

Maybe, maybe we have a goalscorer in our ranks in Nakhi Wells.  Fingers crossed he's allowed to play through the middle. 

If we're going to play with 1 upfront as seems to have been the way in pre seasons I don't think another striker without one leaving will be the best way forward. 

Archived