IGNORED

Who could Pearson possibly be talking about ?

Major Isewater

Pearson is building a togetherness in this squad, last night's performance demonstrated that. 

Experienced players like Martin, Weimann, James, King, Bentley, Kalas and Simpson formed a solid core to the team last night. 

Add in the energy from Dasilva, Pring Scott, Atkinson and that proved to be a hardworking team, who were on the front foot for most of the game. 

The comment from Pearson indicates that he may want some players out the door. 

My guess would be Wells or Bakinson. The comment about 'the moody ones aren't taking their chances' narrows it down. 

Pearson singled out Baker for praise, stating that Baker's response to being left out was positive and was happy to try out at left back. That's the attitude that Pearson wants in this squad. All stepping up and helping out wherever possible, a united squad, and no individuals. 

Certainly seemed to get a response out of Kalas as well last night. I thought he did very well. 

1 hour ago, redpole said:

I also liked how he mentioned we’ve not been working on long throws and Kalas took it upon himself to put the throws in, however I was told Alex Ball mentioned on Robins TV that he mentioned they have been working on it in training and it’s nice it paid off, bit strange that Nige didn’t take praise on this as something that worked from a training session and he gave praise to Kalas. 

Noticed the same thing. 

Imagine a certain previous manager deflecting any credit away from himself onto the players. I remember the days when every single goal we scored was due to the genius of the manager on the training ground..

38 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he's deflecting praise on to the player in order to boost confidence, its a good management trick 

I agree. How the f%$k do you get the opportunity to post likes. remember if it is so many in 24 hours that im bloody 7 hours in front of you lot. when I wake up in the morning and have stirring down below you lot are in bed with your PJ,s on. ? Oh and drinking blody hot chocolate 

27 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Pearson is building a togetherness in this squad, last night's performance demonstrated that. 

Experienced players like Martin, Weimann, James, King, Bentley, Kalas and Simpson formed a solid core to the team last night. 

Add in the energy from Dasilva, Pring Scott, Atkinson and that proved to be a hardworking team, who were on the front foot for most of the game. 

The comment from Pearson indicates that he may want some players out the door. 

My guess would be Wells or Bakinson. The comment about 'the moody ones aren't taking their chances' narrows it down. 

Pearson singled out Baker for praise, stating that Baker's response to being left out was positive and was happy to try out at left back. That's the attitude that Pearson wants in this squad. All stepping up and helping out wherever possible, a united squad, and no individuals. 

Certainly seemed to get a response out of Kalas as well last night. I thought he did very well. 

Agreed. Where have all the “sack NP” gone. Seems almost normal on here this am.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

‘The ones who are miserable and grumpy, when they get a chance they won’t take it, will they? So tough on them. It’s more important that the team ethic shines through’

I suspect it’s Nahki.

Is it useful to attack certain players or is it just a way to try to motivate them to perform better?

Us? ?

2 hours ago, redpole said:

I also liked how he mentioned we’ve not been working on long throws and Kalas took it upon himself to put the throws in, however I was told Alex Ball mentioned on Robins TV that he mentioned they have been working on it in training and it’s nice it paid off, bit strange that Nige didn’t take praise on this as something that worked from a training session and he gave praise to Kalas. 

NP is not present for much of the "routine" training. He could well hve missed them doing it. - IMO.

5 hours ago, redpole said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

he's deflecting praise on to the player in order to boost confidence, its a good management trick 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Noticed the same thing. 

Imagine a certain previous manager deflecting any credit away from himself onto the players. I remember the days when every single goal we scored was due to the genius of the manager on the training ground..

Spot on. ??????

3 hours ago, VT05763 said:

NP is not present for much of the "routine" training. He could well hve missed them doing it. - IMO.

He is present, but he likes to observe….that’s what he’s told us.  He lets his coaches execute.  He’s observing them too, not just the players though.

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Agreed. Where have all the “sack NP” gone. Seems almost normal on here this am.

Has there been a single email saying ‘sack NP’?  I’ve seen a lot of people concerned about our poor form since he took over but very few, if any, asking for him to be sacked.  People were saying after Saturday’s match that it was too early to criticise NP, but equally after one win it’s too early to hail him as the messiah, but let’s hope this is a turning point and a win on Friday will put us right up there.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Spot on. ??????

He is present, but he likes to observe….that’s what he’s told us.  He lets his coaches execute.  He’s observing them too, not just the players though.

He is not always present but you are correct when he is there he observes.

Very possible he wasn't there when they were practacing set pieces, nothing neccesarily wrong in that.- IMO

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Has there been a single email saying ‘sack NP’?  I’ve seen a lot of people concerned about our poor form since he took over but very few, if any, asking for him to be sacked.  People were saying after Saturday’s match that it was too early to criticise NP, but equally after one win it’s too early to hail him as the messiah, but let’s hope this is a turning point and a win on Friday will put us right up there.

@RalphMilnesLeftFoot mentioned there was a bit of it on social media.

4 hours ago, City oz said:

I agree. How the f%$k do you get the opportunity to post likes. remember if it is so many in 24 hours that im bloody 7 hours in front of you lot. when I wake up in the morning and have stirring down below you lot are in bed with your PJ,s on. ? Oh and drinking blody hot chocolate 

@City oz

If you join Supporters club, or whatever it is called, via this Forum, you get limitless use of the icons.

Cost £5 per annum

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

‘The ones who are miserable and grumpy, when they get a chance they won’t take it, will they? So tough on them. It’s more important that the team ethic shines through’

I suspect it’s Nahki.

Is it useful to attack certain players or is it just a way to try to motivate them to perform better?

The transcript in the Evening post makes it sound like he’s referring to COD though I don’t think this was intentional

Andi Weimann played centrally tonight and has obviously given you food for thought – will that carry on now?

I’ve managed him before, I know what he’s capable of. We just decided to change slightly how we looked tonight and we looked fairly solid. It was important that the players take the chances when they come along.

The ones who are miserable and grumpy, when they get a chance they won’t take it, will they? So tough on them. It’s more important that the team ethic shines through.

You mentioned O’Dowda there, I think he sat with the away fans.

Yes, apparently.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Spot on. ??????

Reminds me of Stan Cullis, Wolves manager from end of war through a very successful period until about 1960. He did not see the players from Monday to Thursday leaving training to his Trainer.

Briefly met players on Friday with game plan and opposition info. Then at Saturday match.

Players respected him, were a bit scared of him, but knew that nothing less than 100% meant you did not get picked again in a hurry.

So little contact with players but he knew everything that was happening at Molineux!

Pearson doing it in a similar fashion. Coaches and Physios doing their job. He does his job which is to manage BCFC.

21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

A win will put us needing only approximately 43 points note for safety. Don't let's run before we can walk.

30 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I suspect Moore.

Played at FGR and completely out of the at Reading.

Was part of the travelling group last night….cover in case an outfield player got injured pre-game.

23 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

@City oz

If you join Supporters club, or whatever it is called, via this Forum, you get limitless use of the icons.

Cost £5 per annum

@City ozHave one less bottle of red a year.

I actually don’t think he was referring to anyone, just making a general point.

Though clearly he wanted to single out Baker for his attitude both to being left out & then asked to play out of position as a sub.

Obvious that even though NP likes to portray himself as a bit of a misery, he is a fan of Baker.

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Reminds me of Stan Cullis, Wolves manager from end of war through a very successful period until about 1960. He did not see the players from Monday to Thursday leaving training to his Trainer.

Briefly met players on Friday with game plan and opposition info. Then at Saturday match.

Players respected him, were a bit scared of him, but knew that nothing less than 100% meant you did not get picked again in a hurry.

So little contact with players but he knew everything that was happening at Molineux!

Pearson doing it in a similar fashion. Coaches and Physios doing their job. He does his job which is to manage BCFC.

I think Bradley Orr said that Warnock was hardly around at QPR during the week and it clearly didn't do him much harm. I don't think Pearson is like that, but maybe it's not as uncommon as we would think. 

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

We still counting last season?

I’m certainly not. 

We all know that NP inherited a shambles of a club particularly the playing squad and did the job he was originally employed to do - keep us up despite the horrendous injury list and low morale within the squad.

NPs reign really began when he signed his 3 year contract. Already he’s released the dross and begun rebuilding and has already improved the fitness and morale amongst the players and after three matches of a 46 game season has a draw, a loss and now a win.

Lets see where are after a quarter of the season before passing further comment.

Yes it's interesting who he is referring too. 

Would not be surprised if Wells does not have agent on full alert for s new club mind. And although I do feel Wells needs a run central striking role to show his stuff.

It does free up a good amount of cash for maybe someone the club have been eyeing up for a transfer in .

Time will tell.

COYR

19 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

i couple are about, and for what its worth I wasn't there yet I was in the "results aren't good enough and need to change quickly" camp

It's interesting how people read the same things and get totally different findings from it.

‘The ones who are miserable and grumpy, when they get a chance they won’t take it, will they? So tough on them. It’s more important that the team ethic shines through

From that all I get is a general word on attitude . He's said before, the one with the shirt will be given a chance to keep it. When someone gets a chance they have to take it. The player coming in can be, positive and think this is my chance. Or they can think I should be here all the time and sulk and mope around the pitch. I think most of us have seen that type of performance. 

I just took it as a word to the wise. If you get a game, make sure your attitude is right, be positive and take your chance.

Archived