IGNORED

TV tonight

22A

11 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

It was , fuzzy definition and one camera ….shite 

The definition was far better now that it is in HD. Have you paid the extra payment per month to receive HD instead of Standard Def (which is exposed as to how bad it is on this platform)?

The agreement with the EFL for Red Button games allows for only one camera and no replays. However, you can record the match. This way you can watch the recording as if live and rewind for any incidents such as the penalty.

Go to the TV Guide just before K.O. 

Select Sky Football and scroll if necessary to the main match being shown at same time as ours.

Hit Record. A drop down menu will appear showing all the red button games. Select the one you want to watch ie BCFC. A red circle should then appear noting it's recording.

Then go to your recording section within the planner. Select the game and watch. 

I haven't tried the above on Sky Q but it must be something similar.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

The definition was far better now that it is in HD. Have you paid the extra payment per month to receive HD instead of Standard Def (which is exposed as to how bad it is on this platform)?

The agreement with the EFL for Red Button games allows for only one camera and no replays. However, you can record the match. This way you can watch the recording as if live and rewind for any incidents such as the penalty.

Go to the TV Guide just before K.O. 

Select Sky Football and scroll if necessary to the main match being shown at same time as ours.

Hit Record. A drop down menu will appear showing all the red button games. Select the one you want to watch ie BCFC. A red circle should then appear noting it's recording.

Then go to your recording section within the planner. Select the game and watch. 

I haven't tried the above on Sky Q but it must be something similar.

I have Sky sports HD so the main Chanel /game is indeed in HD but not the red button games . 

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have Sky Q and last nights match was definitely not in HD on the red button.

I rarely watch red button, prefer Robinstv, but don’t forget HD can be of differing quality levels….depending on bit rate etc.  For example when testing HD historically, BBC Alba was the go to channel, as their HD bit rates were superior to other channels.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

I have Sky sports HD so the main Chanel /game is indeed in HD but not the red button games . 

Sorry S.Cider but that's wrong. You might be getting confused between Ultra, 4K, HD  AND SD (standard definition....yuk, think 576i).

HD is 720p/1080i and used to be called HD Ready. This is different to Full HD which is 1080P (also called 2k). 

As of this season, Red button games are in basic HD definition (1080i). Last night's was in HD and a marked improvement on previous seasons which were in SD. However, Sky like messing around with bitrates etc, that's why one channel that is in HD might look better than other channels for picture quality.

4K tv is also called Ultra HD as it is 4 x 1080P. 

I'll leave the difference between i and p for another time. P is slightly better, generally.

If you're used to watching footy on a 4K tv with subscription to go with it, you're right that the PQ (picture quality) will be naff compared to what you're used to. However going from 625i to 1080i is a marked improvement. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Interesting Robbo. I watched it on a Sky HD (old style) box and it was in HD.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have Sky Q and last nights match was definitely not in HD on the red button.

Maybe Robbo you were expecting 4k HD or at least Full HD on your Sky Q box?  It should've been in HD Ready as a minimum on Q.

5 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Maybe Robbo you were expecting 4k HD or at least Full HD on your Sky Q box?  It should've been in HD Ready as a minimum on Q.

I’m a bit of a technophobe so no idea why the red button wasn’t in HD. Thinking about it I don’t remember if it ever has been

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Ho hum. Wish I had read Dave's and your response before sending my version!

We're both correct S. Cider!

Yours was far more comprehensive.

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I remarked at the time why both teams were wearing white shorts. Maybe Scotty got it wrong and the ref couldn't be bothered?

Can be allowed with refs consent.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yours was far more comprehensive.

Can be allowed with refs consent.

Bless!

Bizarre though re blue and red shirts and white shorts.

I'm sure Dave you've heard of us old' uns watching black and white tvs with Brian Moore saying, "For those watching in black and white xxxx are playing from left to right."  Later on they'd say it for those that were colour blind.

• Like 1