IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

Just now, Marcus Aurelius said:

A credible source.

I believe the thread starters ‘source’ is Roy. It just took 5 pages for someone to put it together.

No, the thread starter and Davefevs appear to have been given the same info via DM. Either from the same source or second hand. Nowhere has either said anything about that twitter page. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I would suggest checking if the information is more than likely to be credible when it is in relation to somebody’s health.

I haven’t said that it was health related….purely related I got a DM, saying “Nige gone”, and on the back of other things like Press Conference called, RG on Twentyman, it sounded like there might be something in it.  The person who DMd me is credible from previous stuff.  Would not surprise me if others got the info from the same person.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gould-on-sound-of-the-city/

"The City chief executive will update fans in conversation with Geoff Twentyman from 6pm."

Will update...? Interesting wording?

"We are committed to transparency so I want to give the fans an important update. Therefore I can today confirm that we are still crap."

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Tbf I didn't read the first 16 pages and I'm not going back to check either but the reaction to a rumour that would appear to be confirmed by the media as bollocks makes me think of vultures and hyenas in some instances. 

Probably right.  As above you never know whether the info is first, second third, hand….the person who DMd me is close to City players.  Maybe he got his info from somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

But I think even musing about his health is a bit of an imposition. I totally get why people would question whether he needs this nonsense in his life given everything he has going on but we live in a country where disabled people are twice as likely to be as non-disabled people and a key reason for that is pervasive nonsense that anyone who is not 100% fit and healthy, or who takes sick leave - incidentally disabled people take less sick leave on average than non-disabled people - is therefore unqualified to do a job.

Ultimately the fact this rumour has started at all is because this country holds a number of in-built prejudices about the ability of people with health conditions to hold down jobs. If there is no foundation to the rumour Pearson is leaving then I think it reveals a lot about the underlying attitudes of those who started that rumour in the first place. 

Wow! Pardon me for being concerned for his well-being. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Personally, I think somethings going on. It would be strange if so many people are hearing that somethings afoot and it turns out to be nothing.

The timing of the Gould interview is a bit unusual too.

Although in part you hear because someone else has heard, so sources become mixed.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s the most excitement we’ve had since the beginning of the season.

I know!

Of course I want Nige to be okay, but as @petehinton suggested, only City could **** this up and clear the rumours immediately rather than let us enjoy a few days of frivolous rumour ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Personally, I think somethings going on. It would be strange if so many people are hearing that somethings afoot and it turns out to be nothing.

The timing of the Gould interview is a bit unusual too.

The rumours of him leaving started the second it was mentioned he was Ill and missing the game at Coventry . 2+2 making exactly what you want it too, but also doesn't mean it's not true. It does feel like something, the longer it goes on, and maybe that's what the press thing is about, dispelling rumours. Though that could be another rumour.

I imagine Gould would have been booked in with Twentyman a while ago.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Come on guys and ladies !

Does anyone really think that an announcement about the future of staff would be made live on Radio Bristol... before anything appeared on the OS.

Nah, just a general update where we are...not a lot more.  And I cannot envisage any scenario where the health off a worker would be broadcast to us without the express permission of that person, I heard the Chief Exec at the Senior Robins a few weeks back, and i suspect more of the same re parachute payments, unlevelled  playing fields and similar fare, basically the truth.... 

• Flames 1