IGNORED

COD

DT The Optimist

1 minute ago, richyy66 said:

Struggling to see why Pring was brought off. Thought he was having a decent game tbh. Quite what Flemming thought Ofowda could bring to the party was baffling.

I thought Pring outside of the two goals was poor. Often went down blind alleys and gave the ball away, also looked to be blowing a bit (remember playing LWB where he’s had stamina issues whereas at LCB he hasn’t). I don’t disagree with the decision to hook him but we had a very inexperienced and unbalanced bench.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

God no, nor Kents debut.

Poor though for sure but perhaps not deserving of many of the nasty comments.

Exactly this. I don't think for one minute the bloke is taking to the pitch and deliberately being bad.

COD is a person with a family and friends and so ******* what if he appears to be not good enough to play for the club?

Personal insults about being a "pussy" etc were being correctly slated when it was applied to Max last week. I see no reason why the same shouldn't apply to COD.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

I will avoid personal insults - but let’s not kid ourselves it’s time for us to move COD.

Tonight was frankly embarrassing and not acceptable at this level. Constantly losing possession and out of position he really was a liability. A knee twinge apparently but I’m not buying that. He knew he was at risk of giving the points away so he feigned injury.

I’ve seen enough. 100% has to go now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

CF mentioned Williams after the game, said he was struggling a bit. Not sure in what way. Fingers crossed they are all fit and avaiable for Swansea anyway.

Looked like he cramped up after blocking a shot, late on and seemed to be stretching his calf out, trying to get rid of it. Hoping that is all it was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolutely awful. His cameo  nearly cost us the points. Never again in a City shirt. He’s had his multiple chances 

I'm hoping when he left the field he didn't go the changing rooms but went straight to the carpark and then kept driving until either until he got either to the Fishguard-Rosslare ferry or he turns right on the M4 and goes back to Oxfordshire, where he's really from.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

On the Scott bit of the goal, how weird he didnt go for the tackle. Not like him.

But then Weimann is near Ince and stands there pointing allowing Ince to run with the ball into the box. 

Not sure what O'Dowda did in the build up to the goal? Seems like it was his fault as well but can't remember why?

Could’ve just been in the moment but I’m sure there was someone well before (well not ages 30 seconds ish) the 1st goal where odowda didn’t close someone down and just stood there which allowed them to start what the penalty came from, can’t really say it’s 100% his fault but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why he was just standing there when he wasn’t marking anyone, mind you my opinions about football are normally terrible and I have an awful memory so…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, underover said:

Could’ve just been in the moment but I’m sure there was someone well before (well not ages 30 seconds ish) the 1st goal where odowda didn’t close someone down and just stood there which allowed them to start what the penalty came from, can’t really say it’s 100% his fault but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why he was just standing there when he wasn’t marking anyone, mind you my opinions about football are normally terrible and I have an awful memory so…

If you're talking about O'Dowda just standing there, let's face it how easy was it for them to find their way up to our penalty area in the second half?

Was all that down to one bloke?

It was the team that let Reading back into it tonight when we should have gone for the throat and killed the game.

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

If you're talking about O'Dowda just standing there, let's face it how easy was it for them to find their way up to our penalty area in the second half?

Was all that down to one bloke?

It was the team that let Reading back into it tonight when we should have gone for the throat and killed the game.

Was literally just replying to that part of that post not commenting on the whole thing and I also did clearly say it’s not specifically his fault/can’t be blamed on him so… not sure what you’re wound up about there tbh 

Very often opposition players have had too much time & room against us, it was particularly bad from about the 65-70th minute today, I’m not disputing that or talking about anything else because again I was just commenting on something someone else mentioned that triggered a memory not writing a match report ?‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Poor play is poor play whether it’s the bright young thing who is going places or the whipping boy, doesn’t matter. Nobody is saying that Scott has to go through players but at least affect the other player rather than literally bottling out, that’s what it was.

Yes, right to criticise that moment, can’t chicken a tackle at this level, but a few minutes later (or earlier - I’m tired, it’s late) he block tackled Morrison near the halfway line.

Occasionally pulling out of a tackle is the right thing if the player might go over the top of the ball and injure you.  I don’t think that was the case that time, just making a point generally.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I thought Pring outside of the two goals was poor. Often went down blind alleys and gave the ball away, also looked to be blowing a bit (remember playing LWB where he’s had stamina issues whereas at LCB he hasn’t). I don’t disagree with the decision to hook him but we had a very inexperienced and unbalanced bench.

He got quote slow ball from Klose.  Yiadom fell over every time he went near him.  The pitch wasn’t very slick tonight either, slots of balls falling short from both sides.  Pring did ok, just needs to learn when to conserve energy.  Believe it or not it’s just his second start at WB for us.  He did lots of good pressing Yiadom and talked well with Klose when passing on markers first half.  Dasilva and Vyner communication was v.good second half too.

Anyway back to O’Dowda, pretty sure it was him missing a bouncing ball challenge / interception about 40 yards out that was in the sequence building up to the goal. Looked favourite to win it and spring a counter attack, but he didn’t win it.  Happy to be corrected.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, right to criticise that moment, can’t chicken a tackle at this level, but a few minutes later (or earlier - I’m tired, it’s late) he block tackled Morrison near the halfway line.

Occasionally pulling out of a tackle is the right thing if the player might go over the top of the ball and injure you.  I don’t think that was the case that time, just making a point generally.

He got quote slow ball from Klose.  Yiadom fell over every time he went near him.  The pitch wasn’t very slick tonight either, slots of balls falling short from both sides.  Pring did ok, just needs to learn when to conserve energy.  Believe it or not it’s just his second start at WB for us.  He did lots of good pressing Yiadom and talked well with Klose when passing on markers first half.  Dasilva and Vyner communication was v.good second half too.

Anyway back to O’Dowda, pretty sure it was him missing a bouncing ball challenge / interception about 40 yards out that was in the sequence building up to the goal. Looked favourite to win it and spring a counter attack, but he didn’t win it.  Happy to be corrected.

Appeared that he bottled the challenge for a ball that, to me, seemed comfortably to be his ball. I assume that is why Fleming pulled him off or was it yet another injury?

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Appeared that he bottled the challenge for a ball that, to me, seemed comfortably to be his ball. I assume that is why Fleming pulled him off or was it yet another injury?

In his interview, Fleming said O'Dowda picked up a twinge, whatever that means. I'm sure he didn't try to persuade him to stay on though!

On 22/02/2020 at 17:11, WolfOfWestStreet said:

CoD is an absolute waste of time. Useless

On 29/09/2021 at 21:42, WolfOfWestStreet said:

O'Dowda is an absolute imposter. If he never pulled on that red shirt again I'd be absolutely delighted. 

On 18/06/2021 at 01:19, WolfOfWestStreet said:

A grim reminder Callum O dowda still plays for the club.

Not a fan. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A couple of years ago it was a big ? why COD played before Eliasson me thinking. It was kind of funny. COD was better in defence was the opinion then. COD got some Good games this season and was hoping at last he would make it, but No. Palme, Eliasson and others: one bad game then out. COD not good day out and in and still starts. How our second manager was Thinking when he put COD on the field i really dont know. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BLRed said:

Says it all when he came on, the game changed, they got their goal, he’s taken off again and we actually don’t concede late on. No coincidence. I’m with the out club so my View is somewhat tainted but he honestly offers us nothing.

when dasilva has the ball on the right late on and we needed support runners into the channel towards the corner, o’dowda just stood there and offered nothing. Instead it came backwards and we conceded possession not long after.

sooner he goes the better imo. Why Pearson kept picking him is beyond me...

I do agree but would add that I don’t think he offers nothing; he actually offers something for the opposition!

He’s now gone from being weak and ineffectual to being incompetent and actually impacting our performance negatively and giving chances to the opposing team; best observed by that fiasco in the second half where he tried to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick, only to lose possession and give them a great assist opportunity. 

Again, if he was making his debut or was an academy player fresh to the team one might give him the benefit of the doubt; but he isn’t. He should be in his prime as a senior pro and yet again as we are well into his SIXTH year at our club he demonstrates his failings. 

The fact that his substitution was then met with cheers pretty much seals his fate. 

He absolutely has to go. 

• Like 5

I would have let him go when he flirted with notts forest openly a few years ago.

If thats not taking the p i dont know what isnt.

On the plus side, our link up play in homes games is getting more intelligent by the week.

Going forward now, we look a diffrent team at times.

The move for the 2nd was a joy to watch.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Struggling to see why Pring was brought off. Thought he was having a decent game tbh. Quite what Flemming thought Ofowda could bring to the party was baffling.

Wasn’t his best games imo. Thought if anybody was to go off, it was Pring or Martin.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I would have let him go when he flirted with notts forest openly a few years ago.

If thats not taking the p i dont know what isnt.

On the plus side, our link up play in homes games is getting more intelligent by the week.

Going forward now, we look a diffrent team at times.

The move for the 2nd was a joy to watch.

So good going forward and so poor at the back.

Quite the conundrum.