IGNORED

COD

DT The Optimist

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I just think he’s “okay”.  I don’t think he’s crap, but he is massively frustrating for a player who I don’t think is playing any better than when he joined in summer 2016. His best form was a run in Autumn of 2017, and a period in 18/19 with the odd one-off here and there since.  Been many below the level too.

When I see a player almost 27, I expect him to occasionally take a game by the scruff of its neck.  I sometimes see 45 minutes that give me a bit of hope, but rarely a full 90.  This should be peak O’Dowda years.  It’s not though.

image.thumb.png.88253a7c68932c790c575f671892bb13.png

Above is his BC stats.  Of course he’s missed games through injury.

108 starts (completed 60 / subbed off 48 times) / 67 sub appearances.  

An average of 57.76 mins per appearance.

A dwindling return of goals and assists over the past 3 seasons.

A very fair summary Dave. For the last 4 years he's been part of a team that has gradually declined and continually sold its best players. Managers have come and gone, formations have changed regularly and he's also suffered his share of injuries.

His performances have been underwhelming but the same could be said for a large number of the squad.

He didn't cost us a massive fee and i do still believe (maybe stupidly) there is a player in there. He isn't a wing back and that position would suit Pring much better, but he's doing a job and Pearson clearly trusts him (to an extent) unlike Palmer, Wells and even Atkinson etc.

I think its maybe time for him to move on in the summer but i wouldn't be surprised if he got himself a decent club and did well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

O’Dowda has all the attributes to be a top player in terms of he’s athletic, quick, decent in the air & there’s definitely a player in him.  However, how many chances can one player get and grown tired like lots of his “potential” transpiring to sub standard performances.  He’s no where near as bad as some make out but it’s time for him to be taken out of team and moved on in the summer.  Since QPR where he was very good in first 45 mins, every game since has gone around him and that happens too many times for our invisible man.

You just know he will go on and be a success elsewhere but happy after years of defending him for us to take that risk.

Not for the first time, agree 100%.

He just hasn’t progressed & although any estimates of wages are really just educated guesswork, I would be confident we could find someone who contributes more for the wages he’s on, probably a bit less.

I know there are a few on here with a borderline obsession with Paterson but his goals & assists (another one at the weekend as soon as he returned to the side) are far higher.

Best all round if we part ways this summer, I think.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

A very fair summary Dave. For the last 4 years he's been part of a team that has gradually declined and continually sold its best players. Managers have come and gone, formations have changed regularly and he's also suffered his share of injuries.

His performances have been underwhelming but the same could be said for a large number of the squad.

He didn't cost us a massive fee and i do still believe (maybe stupidly) there is a player in there. He isn't a wing back and that position would suit Pring much better, but he's doing a job and Pearson clearly trusts him (to an extent) unlike Palmer, Wells and even Atkinson etc.

I think its maybe time for him to move on in the summer but i wouldn't be surprised if he got himself a decent club and did well.

He may not be a wingback but he ain’t no winger either.

How many decent crosses does he get into the box?

How many goals has he scored after beating à defender in the box ? 
We all see what he could be and that’s why after six years at BCFC we are so frustrated with him. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not for the first time, agree 100%.

He just hasn’t progressed & although any estimates of wages are really just educated guesswork, I would be confident we could find someone who contributes more for the wages he’s on, probably a bit less.

I know there are a few on here with a borderline obsession with Paterson but his goals & assists (another one at the weekend as soon as he returned to the side) are far higher.

Best all round if we part ways this summer, I think.

I don't dislike COD. He's a trier. Rarely gives less than 100%.

BUT I've got to agree, Gray.  Pato's ability to beat the last defender always exceeded Callum's.  

COD's about a 20% bet to win a 50/50. I have no faith in him to tackle, hold opposition players off, control a good pass and get a shot off, or to put a decent cross in more than 30% of the time. It's a no from me Nigel, unless we can't fill that position with someone with better potential - and if we can't, why not?

Says it all when he came on, the game changed, they got their goal, he’s taken off again and we actually don’t concede late on. No coincidence. I’m with the out club so my View is somewhat tainted but he honestly offers us nothing.

when dasilva has the ball on the right late on and we needed support runners into the channel towards the corner, o’dowda just stood there and offered nothing. Instead it came backwards and we conceded possession not long after.

sooner he goes the better imo. Why Pearson kept picking him is beyond me...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Scott btw, ******* shits out of a tackle with Ince and 5 seconds later Coco gives a pen. Not having that and Fleming shouldn’t either.

Alex Scott put in a class tackle fully committed to it on the toucline in the final third… quality player. 

• Like 2