IGNORED

COD

DT The Optimist

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Exactly this. I don't think for one minute the bloke is taking to the pitch and deliberately being bad.

COD is a person with a family and friends and so ******* what if he appears to be not good enough to play for the club?

Personal insults about being a "pussy" etc were being correctly slated when it was applied to Max last week. I see no reason why the same shouldn't apply to COD.

I'll respond seeing as I was the one who used that phrase. I did so for comedic effect as I had a few pints on board, perhaps not the most sensitive of descriptions but my reasons for saying it are just. 

If I rephrased it as: a lack of willingness to used aggression to gain a competitive edge, then I think it is legitimate criticism of a well paid, longstanding employee who is underperforming. 

It is frustrating beyond belief. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, underover said:

Could’ve just been in the moment but I’m sure there was someone well before (well not ages 30 seconds ish) the 1st goal where odowda didn’t close someone down and just stood there which allowed them to start what the penalty came from, can’t really say it’s 100% his fault but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why he was just standing there when he wasn’t marking anyone, mind you my opinions about football are normally terrible and I have an awful memory so…

That was the bit I remember…a team mate was gesturing for him to move forward.

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Happened more than once from our goldenboy

That’s very true. As brilliant as he was in many aspects of his play, when it comes to the 50/50 balls he doesn’t appear to go in with the intent needed from a CM. That’s not his game and hopefully when others are fit he can return to where he’s at his best. Still played bloody brilliantly mind! 

3 hours ago, supercidered said:

No surprise when you get 29 confused emojis after posting this. God I love OTIB :clapping:

i just don't get some of the "Confused" posts   (Yep, that's right i get confused?).............they should either delete it or change it to .........."I'm too dumb to understand your point of view"?

3 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Surely those were the cheers when his name was announced as being subbed off?!

I think the thing that got me about the whole COD scenario was his "Injury".

As others have stated, he struggled to get into the game when he came on, culminating of course in the calamitous Magnussonesque moment in the corner. He was running normally at this stage. He then started to get some abuse from the crowd, about his mistake; and general play. From my viewpoint in the Dolman, COD then started to limp, and then needed "treatment".

Whilst getting this "treatment". We already had the sub board up, and he was coming off; it appeared to be regardless of whether he could carry on or not. Very unlike the HNM scenario in the first half. COD then saw he was coming off, got to his feet, and walked quite normally (no limp at this stage) over to the player's area.

From my viewpoint it appeared at that time, we took the opportunity to take him out of the firing line. Whether or not he had an "injury" that necessitated his immediate substitution. In doing so of course, we put Cundy on, shifted Vyner out to the WRB; and then JD to LWB. All because COD wasn't doing the job he should have done as a like for like replacement for Pring.

I was surprised in the after match interview with Fleming that he said COD had a knee injury. Maybe it was something that he was carrying before the game, but it didn't seem to impede him beforehand. If it was a knock, then it's fair to say neither COD or the club wanted to give him the opportunity to stay on the pitch.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but there was a player there; who for me did not want to be out on that pitch, and up to the task that we needed him to do in the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

This was the incident that I thought was just before their goal.  It wasn’t, it was after, but look how he slows down.

It’s like Sunday League skill levels Fevs.

Honestly, you would really have to question the judgement of our management team if he’s given a new contract. 

4 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s like Sunday League skill levels Fevs.

Honestly, you would really have to question the judgement of our management team if he’s given a new contract. 

The thing is though that's not anything to do with skill, it's attitude/endeavor/bravery/mettle/whatever you want to call it.

He started pulling up when he realises it's going to be a physical challenge and half dangles his foot. Even once the ball moves on he jogs over and the bloke just runs around him while he's completely non committal to any action. It's just totally passive play.

We do have players who would have taken the ball, and taken that guy as well if he was brave enough to try the same... O'Dowda isn't, and never will be one of them. Won't get away with that for long here any more with Pearson around imo - I think he's playing out of perceived necessity rather than desire at the moment and even that is clearly wearing thin.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 5