IGNORED

Game off ?

Rocking Red Cyril

12 hours ago, phantom said:

The weather isn't going to be world ending, we've all travelled somewhere in wet and windy conditions. 

Yesterday was clearly a bit more than “wet and windy” that we’ve all travelled in.

Not saying the game should be cancelled, I just said I was surprised it wasn’t. Could understand if games had been postponed for the weather

55 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes weather sounds quiet from my bed. So time to get up, bath and organise my two grandsons for a trip down the gate and hopefully a nice 3 points 

Happy days- enjoy the afternoon with your grandsons ... 

Sadly I don't forsee 3 points - I'd take a point now as Boro are very strong.

Edited by Son of Fred

29 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Food and weather.

Who else springs to mind bar mike fish!

Nothing to worry about he said.

By dinnertime we were dodging roof tiles.

I dont think weather was his forte.

Yes, I was driving the 24/25 bus to Lockleaze the next day after the 1987 hurricane and the roads were littered with broken roof tiles. never seen anything like it in my life.  I should have known though, as the day before a fence panel blew across in front of my bus and just missed it.  What a day that was, hope everyone is OK today and have not suffered any damage to their property or been hurt.  I suppose these storms have to be put down to global warming, although we have had the most snow this Winter since 2010/11 with barely a clear day since November, so we would like to see some global warming here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Completely unrelated to us

They are here, hundreds of flights safely flew today 

At last somebody sensible in this thread 

Nothing to do with distance, the problem is with St James' Park

Please tell me you were not actually being serious about this? 

The main celebration is tonight, tomorrow they just get presented to the crowd 

Why would there be? 

The storm has long passed, there are no problems at the ground, there is no problem with the weather tomorrow. 

I never cease to be amazed how our support get into such a frenzy about the weather impacting a game!! 

Whenever we have heavy rain or snow there's always a thread panicking about conditions, is it really that hard to realise what is actually happening out there? 

FB_IMG_1645183907156.jpg

• Haha 2

Exeter are meant to be playing Barrow today, but their stand suffered damage on Friday, so they called the game off then to avoid a wasted journey for the visitors.  That was considerate of them, however, it means the rearranged fixture will now be one mid week evening. It's over 300 miles each way; how many visiting fans will turn up?

52 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, I was driving the 24/25 bus to Lockleaze the next day after the 1987 hurricane and the roads were littered with broken roof tiles. never seen anything like it in my life.  I should have known though, as the day before a fence panel blew across in front of my bus and just missed it.  What a day that was, hope everyone is OK today and have not suffered any damage to their property or been hurt.  I suppose these storms have to be put down to global warming, although we have had the most snow this Winter since 2010/11 with barely a clear day since November, so we would like to see some global warming here.

It's called climate change now so they get a double sided coin to play with, it's really cold Oh! that's climate change, it's really hot Oh! that's climate change they can't lose.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

It's called climate change now so they get a double sided coin to play with, it's really cold Oh! that's climate change, it's really hot Oh! that's climate change they can't lose.

You won't find any climate scientist attributing a single storm to climate change. Indeed you will find plenty of quotes from the last few days stressing that point.

And climate and weather aren't the same thing.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/13/whats-the-difference-between-weather-and-climate/

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Would have been, the old city dart buses, then!

Went to wembley that year in one!

The depot on winterstoke road hired them out.

Yes, the old Mercs, I was based at Muller Road. mainly did the 8/9 24/25 71/72 services. 

Unfortunately I can't remember where in East Bristol it was but in the early 80s, there was a chip shop that used to sell faggots, peas and gravy. We used to stop there on the way back from band practice in Bath.

Absolutely gorgeous with chips. Anyone know where it might have been?

Edited by Norn Iron

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Food and weather.

Who else springs to mind bar mike fish!

Nothing to worry about he said.

By dinnertime we were dodging roof tiles.

I dont think weather was his forte.

And later he claimed he was addressing concerns from a woman living in the US. Yeah right nice try Mr "I got it very wrong" Fish.

7 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Unfortunately I can't remember where in East Bristol it was but in the early 80s, there was a chip shop that used to sell faggots, peas and gravy. We used to stop there on the way back from band practice in Bath.

Absolutely gorgeous with chips. Anyone know where it might have been?

There used to be a chippy on Station road, Kingswood, just up the road from the Brains factory, that used to do that. Bloody lovely they were too! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

They look like Brains ... Shame on you ?

I had the misfortune of picking up a tray of Brains when I was in Asda a few years back, I think it was a quid for four of them.

Haven't had faggots since. They were vile.

I only got them as I was feeling nostalgic for the food I had as a child and thought that Brains, peas and mash might be just the ticket.

It wasn't.

Still, I had a strawberry Super Mousse for afters.

That was shit as well.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I had the misfortune of picking up a tray of Brains when I was in Asda a few years back, I think it was a quid for four of them.

Haven't had faggots since. They were vile.

I only got them as I was feeling nostalgic for the food I had as a child and thought that Brains, peas and mash might be just the ticket.

It wasn't.

Still, I had a strawberry Super Mousse for afters.

That was shit as well.

Did my work experience at Brains. Seeing & smelling the raw ingredients every day put me off for quite some time!