IGNORED

Game off ?

Rocking Red Cyril

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mickey Mouse club.

Why won’t they play tomorrow? Absolutely pathetic outfit.

Maybe staffing? People expected to work tonight and maybe unavailable tomorrow? A huge amount of staff are needed from stewards to ticket office and all hospitality etc.

Of course they can play behind closed doors with very few staff, but which club is going to want that and turn away the £££’s

I’m not saying I think it’s right for the game not to be played tomorrow, but maybe thesecare justva few reasons why not.

Just now, RedM said:

Maybe staffing? People expected to work tonight and maybe unavailable tomorrow? A huge amount of staff are needed from stewards to ticket office and all hospitality etc.

Of course they can play behind closed doors with very few staff, but which club is going to want that and turn away the £££’s

I’m not saying I think it’s right for the game not to be played tomorrow, but maybe thesecare justva few reasons why not.

It can’t be that many, it’s about the same size as Twerton Park.

Their money doesn’t come from their gate receipts, it is from Russia (plus parachute payments).

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yeah as much as I don’t want Forest to succeed that decision is very very dubious and I’d be seriously pissed if I was a Dorest fan.  Surely the EFL can intervene? 

As there will already be a lot of journalists there, then if they have anything about them they will seek evidence of said damage. Sounds made up to me, to any serious extent that would cause postponement anyway.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It can’t be that many, it’s about the same size as Twerton Park.

Their money doesn’t come from their gate receipts, it is from Russia (plus parachute payments).

I realise that but even so I was surprised that we employ a couple of hundred people every matchday. Even on a smaller scale I don’t think that’s possible with only half a days notice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westonred said:

I don't think that alone will be a problem. The weather warning for tomorrow was Amber earlier today - and that didn't seem to prompt anything other than the club email about the game!

9 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Surely it depends on how much damage there is and whether having 12 hours to repair it is realistic 

Not only 12 hours, but during a storm....?? 

It's clearly been bad in Dorset today, so I guess you have to accept that damage may have been caused, and if it's unsafe tonight they're really not likely to be able to make it safe by tomorrow.

• Like 3

I’m surprised it wasn’t postponed just to save Boro travelling today. It’s a long way to go and the roads have been carnage here (about half way between the two) and we’ve had it nothing like the south west.

Of course they probably flew, but even that was a risk. A lot of internal flights cancelled today.

• Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’d imagine Boro are already here?

Probably not yet.  the wind is going from South West to North East and they are travelling in the opposite direction.  If my excellent physics and mathematics is anything to go by, when considering the wind speed (allowing for variations at different times) and comparing that to the number of MPH they will be driving/flying down at, they should be with us by next Thursday.

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Surely it depends on how much damage there is and whether having 12 hours to repair it is realistic 

Having to find someone to do the work at short notice, having to wait until it's safe to work on roofs and then get it signed off. I'd imagine 12 hours would have been tight.

I doubt it's a fiddle though, they will lose TV money for the game , plus it could cause fixture pileup later.

I must admit if I hadn't heard about a storm coming yesterday I would have never have known there was one it was no more than a breezy day here in pill there has been some damage in some other places of the country but I think they over hyped it a bit calling it the storm of the century etc, tomorrow looks ok supposed to be better than today if anything doubt it will be called off games have been played in the past in much worse conditions.

Edited by pillred
Add comment

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

Just a thought though, with all the Ashton Gate Eight stuff planned tomorrow maybe there’s pressure on not to call the game off 

There is going to be a lot of rubbish on the pitch, more than usual.

No, of course I am not referring to the Ashton Gate Eight before anyone suggests that.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

I must admit if I hadn't heard about a storm coming yesterday I would have never have known there was one it was no more than a breezy day here in pill there has been some damage in some other places of the country but I think they over hyped it a bit calling it the storm of the century etc, tomorrow looks ok supposed to be better than today if anything doubt it will be called off games have been played in the past in much worse conditions.

Lots of fence panels and roof tiles damaged here in Clevedon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

"they" over hype everything, its what the media does

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Indoor gigs in Bristol etc have been cancelled tomorrow night so wouldn’t surprise me if it was postponed in the morning 

Completely unrelated to us

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I’m surprised it wasn’t postponed just to save Boro travelling today. It’s a long way to go and the roads have been carnage here (about half way between the two) and we’ve had it nothing like the south west.

Of course they probably flew, but even that was a risk. A lot of internal flights cancelled today.

They are here, hundreds of flights safely flew today 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

It’s a yellow warning only tomorrow.  Winds of up to 21mph. Can’t see why that would lead to any postponement as long as Boro get here ok. 

At last somebody sensible in this thread 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Exeter v Barrow off tomorrow - similar distances albeit Barrow would probably travel down in the morning.

Nothing to do with distance, the problem is with St James' Park

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Just a thought though, with all the Ashton Gate Eight stuff planned tomorrow maybe there’s pressure on not to call the game off 

Please tell me you were not actually being serious about this? 

The main celebration is tonight, tomorrow they just get presented to the crowd 

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

@JerrySLO

Any idea if any sort if pre match inspections are expected tomorrow? Either Ref or SAG.

Why would there be? 

The storm has long passed, there are no problems at the ground, there is no problem with the weather tomorrow. 

I never cease to be amazed how our support get into such a frenzy about the weather impacting a game!! 

Whenever we have heavy rain or snow there's always a thread panicking about conditions, is it really that hard to realise what is actually happening out there? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1