IGNORED

SL/JL anything?

When was the last time we heard from the top 2 at this club? seriously cannot recall too much at all recently.

Just a rallying call or an update on the progress of this their club will do? Maybe both are already on the beach ??

46 minutes ago, gl2 said:

When was the last time we heard from the top 2 at this club? seriously cannot recall too much at all recently.

Just a rallying call or an update on the progress of this their club will do? Maybe both are already on the beach ??

Give em a chance. Sunday is the day of rest...

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Why should we hear from them regularly? They employ others for the day to day of the club, how often do you hear from other clubs owners?

JL was quick enough to come out and say "We should be doing better"! What the hell has he done to improve anything?

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Why should we hear from them regularly? They employ others for the day to day of the club, how often do you hear from other clubs owners?

7 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Why would they come out and say anything before the end of the season? 

They could end all speculation re NP for a start; "We are aware of speculation from some fans but NP is our manager till the end of his contract" " there is no money available until we sell some of our players, then NP will only get a fraction of any money" "the rebuilding of our squad has begun and will continue based on our 5 pillars plan" "we expect to advance towards the top half of this div next season" " our fantastic training facilities is and will yield results (just not in midfield or defence yet)"

Will take about 5mins of their empire building time.

23 minutes ago, gl2 said:

They could end all speculation re NP for a start; "We are aware of speculation from some fans but NP is our manager till the end of his contract" " there is no money available until we sell some of our players, then NP will only get a fraction of any money" "the rebuilding of our squad has begun and will continue based on our 5 pillars plan" "we expect to advance towards the top half of this div next season" " our fantastic training facilities is and will yield results (just not in midfield or defence yet)"

Even that I’d expect to come from Gould 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gl2 said:

That is the Steve Lansdown way now appoint a manager and CEO and turn his back on whatever is happening. And as for Jon Lansdown running the club what a joke he is.

• Like 1

Everyone wanted him to shut up when he was more vocal, everyone wanted the former CEO to shut up, what are they supposed to do.
Lansdown was told to appoint a "football" man and leave it to him, but now come out and say Pearson is staying, until he's going.

If they make a statement that Pearson is staying, then we lose the next few games and Nige makes more comments, then what. They sack him and everyone says but, but, but you said !!!

There is no point in saying anything at the moment, we should be safe and we have time to assess , which I'm sure they are doing. 
The time to make statements is when they have something to say.  

2 hours ago, Red said:

JL was quick enough to come out and say "We should be doing better"! What the hell has he done to improve anything?

What exactly could he do ? Serious question.
We all wanted a strong experienced manager, we got one.
If he criticises the team, it just undermines the manager.
If he says anything about the manager staying or leaving it just sets himself up to look stupid when the opposite happens.
He can't sign anyone, he can't make players better so ?
As for saying we should be doing better, name someone that hasn't said that.

It's incredibly frustrating ATM, it makes it worse they have to try a sell tickets, but what are they supposed to do?

All I can see happening is a coast to the end of the season, they make a decision and then they tell us what that is.

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

That is the Steve Lansdown way now appoint a manager and CEO and turn his back on whatever is happening. And as for Jon Lansdown running the club what a joke he is.

Their silence speaks volumes no real interest anymore, years ago you couldn't keep Steve away from the media side of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

JL has said he doesn't want to run the club once his dad retires/sells he'd much rather continue with his property business in Bermuda (who can blame him?). I think SL's just fed up, he's tried everything and the club's still losing money, he was hoping to have handed over to Jon by now and given he's 70 this year is probably looking to sell (as was hinted in another thread recently). Although the club's income has increased with the new stadium wages have gone up even more, if we're restricted to spending 70% of our income on transfers/wages as hinted in the proposed new FFP rules we'll struggle to stay in the Championship as the income currently doesn't even pay the wages.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

Will be said in 5 games time 

They way I look at it I really don't want JL in charge but he sort of is but with Pops pulling the strings. However, given that he is sort of in charge then I'm glad we aren't hearing anything from him. So inept, at everything!

When we had a relatively successful period (cup run) SL was bloody everywhere and on every radio, couldn't shut him up. I'm not saying I want to hear anything from either of them but it really does boil my p!ss when they only appear when things are good. Which is why we haven't seen or heard from them for such a long time.

• Like 2

The amount of people I’ve seen defending them over the last couple of days saying stuff like we wouldn’t have a club without them is comical. The debt we’ve had over the years is purely down to them whilst every club of a similar size has overtaken us.

Appreciate the shiny new stand but god it really is time for lansdown to either put his ego to the side or let someone with some brain cells have a go 

• Like 2

All I want to hear from them is something along the lines of

'we're employing a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment to be chosen by Nigel and Richard.   We currently have some limitations financially due to FFP but we want to put in place a structure that will allow us to develop over the next few seasons.  If and when Nigel leaves, we want the structure and people in place that will allow the club to develop and be an attraction to the next manager.'

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

All I want to hear from them is something along the lines of

'we're employing a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment to be chosen by Nigel and Richard.   We currently have some limitations financially due to FFP but we want to put in place a structure that will allow us to develop over the next few seasons.  If and when Nigel leaves, we want the structure and people in place that will allow the club to develop and be an attraction to the next manager.'

Pretty obvious really to most on here, but SL and JL just can’t see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

JL has said he doesn't want to run the club once his dad retires/sells he'd much rather continue with his property business in Bermuda (who can blame him?). I think SL's just fed up, he's tried everything and the club's still losing money, he was hoping to have handed over to Jon by now and given he's 70 this year is probably looking to sell (as was hinted in another thread recently). Although the club's income has increased with the new stadium wages have gone up even more, if we're restricted to spending 70% of our income on transfers/wages as hinted in the proposed new FFP rules we'll struggle to stay in the Championship as the income currently doesn't even pay the wages.

Agree.  Think there might be several other clubs struggling with the 70% too.  It’s not just wages, but transfers too (I assume they mean amortisation).  In effect it will be “sell to buy”.  I don’t think that will fuel the reversal of the transfer market depression either, which will pour cold water on any clubs proposals to claim transfer fee losses on covid either.

Academy will be key.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gl2 said:

You realise that would only increase the speculation? Dreaded vote of confidence and all that! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 3