IGNORED

SL/JL anything?

27 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

It’s a open secret isn’t it that we’ve been looking to sell or get a investor on board for a long time.

There was certainly talk of it a year or so back. But that’s when we were supposedly linked with potential US investors  - which I thought turned out to be Ashton talking to the Ipswich lot even though he was still working for us, the little weasel. But I may have got that wrong! 

• Like 2

• Admin
52 minutes ago, italian dave said:

There was certainly talk of it a year or so back. But that’s when we were supposedly linked with potential US investors  - which I thought turned out to be Ashton talking to the Ipswich lot even though he was still working for us, the little weasel. But I may have got that wrong! 

There have been others 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

But for me, we've only had the voice of NP bleating on about the changes that need to be made for the club to progress.

I think if SL or JL were keen, and supportive of the points that NP is making; then sitting in on one of his Thursday pre match press conferences, and saying as much would go a long way to clearing up what is currently a confusing picture.

The Lansdown's will never sit in a Thursday press conference and rightly so as they are for the manager (or designated coaching staff member for that game) to talk about the upcoming game and any other questions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

With regard to JL speaking out, last time he did that he got publicly shot down.

NP could have said at that time, "its because of you and your old man that this club is where it is and I'm working with your legacy".

"Six weeks to appoint DH, Ashton, LJs spending, poor recruitment, then you bugger off to Bermuda while your dad is in exile in the Channel Islands."

I don't think we'll be hearing from either of them until there is some good news, both haven't exactly played a blinder..

I hope Gould speaks out to say "NP is going nowhere - NP and me will sort their mess out for them."

The manager needs to concentrate on coaching the team better, that is what he is employed to do not sniping at the owners.

He has a mid table Championship squad at his disposal, right now and is underperforming in his job. 

20 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

So many fans misunderstand their roles 

Based on the last four years I am assuming their roles are to manage the club in a way that ensures we get to watch the lowest value for money football in the entire football league……….regardless of that many fans who have less understanding than you will decide to keep their hands in their pockets so whatever the misunderstanding is they aren’t carrying out their roles very successfully.

59 minutes ago, Waconda said:

The manager needs to concentrate on coaching the team better, that is what he is employed to do not sniping at the owners.

He has a mid table Championship squad at his disposal, right now and is underperforming in his job. 

When players make 90 minutes of poor decisions, coming odd second best in tackle after tackle, and week in week out fail to hit even a measly 60% pass completion what you have is poor players rather than an amazing squad being mismanaged. Could our defensive structure be better, of course, but this notion that we have a decent squad is bonkers. I haven’t heard one single pundit describe us as under performing, not one.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

On 11/04/2022 at 08:45, ashton_fan said:

JL has said he doesn't want to run the club once his dad retires/sells he'd much rather continue with his property business in Bermuda (who can blame him?). I think SL's just fed up, he's tried everything and the club's still losing money, he was hoping to have handed over to Jon by now and given he's 70 this year is probably looking to sell (as was hinted in another thread recently). Although the club's income has increased with the new stadium wages have gone up even more, if we're restricted to spending 70% of our income on transfers/wages as hinted in the proposed new FFP rules we'll struggle to stay in the Championship as the income currently doesn't even pay the wages.

I don't think SL has tried everything. He has continued to  believe that he knows best and we have suffered season after season for it. Instead of accepting other people involved in football might know better or be able to offer advice. It has been the SL way only.

• Like 2