Jump to content
IGNORED

The Killers


RedM
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Admin
2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I missed part of the Manic’s due to coming on early but did they play Motorcycle Emptyness? 
I got to admit they played a great She sell’s Sanctuary. 

They nearly always open with it, certainly the last 10 years or so anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

@CyderInACan is doubtless experiencing quite the listen.

Was awesome mate. Sound was excellent, even the mizzly weather didn’t dampen our spirits. Two awesome bands, although looking at some of the photos I do slightly wish I’d been there in person but at 70 sheets or whatever it was, I was happy to have had a wee garden party with a few neighbours and make a profit as I rented my driveway out for a score. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Was awesome mate. Sound was excellent, even the mizzly weather didn’t dampen our spirits. Two awesome bands, although looking at some of the photos I do slightly wish I’d been there in person but at 70 sheets or whatever it was, I was happy to have had a wee garden party with a few neighbours and make a profit as I rented my driveway out for a score. 

Tidy. And that driveway rental is a proper touch.

You need thee one of them Gazebo things to combat the mizzly.

Halford will likely leave you sorted. And if you go to one of those motor garages over the road, either old brake discs or binned clutch plates make cracking weights for them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we're all football fans, I just wanted to throw something random into this thread, a good friend of mine was working at the ground yesterday as security 

Screenshot_20220527-095208_Instagram.jpg

 

From my social media this morning it looks like everyone was either at the killers or Ed Sheeran last night. 

Glad everyone had a fantastic evening 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

Them starting at 7 took me by surprise.

There were several sound checks going on from around 6.30, and I wasn't really paying much attention to the stage when the utterly brilliant Motorcycle Emptiness began.

The knock on effect meant that there was an overly long wait after they finished to the Killers starting.

I think the different timings must have had something to do with the Killers' finish time. 🤔

Originally, Manics were on at 7.30pm with the Killers on stage from 8.45pm, ending at 10.25pm. Assuming Manics would be playing 45 minutes, that would have left a 30 minute turn around between sets. Manics finished at 7.50pm, Killers stuck to the 8.45pm scheduled start though; if Manics had started at the publicised time of 7.30pm, Killers wouldn't have come in till 9.15pm and then finished at 10.55pm. That would have played havoc with people's buses, trains, curfews (?).....

Sorry there's a lot of times in that last par. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

One thing that deserves a mention was the transport via the park and rides. I thought that was brilliant. From the Portway no traffic direct to the ground. After slight queue no more than 5-10 minutes onto the bus. 

I'm sure @Never to the dark sidewill appreciate this 

Screenshot_20220527-044249_Messenger.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

What a great night.  Although I cried, again, I can truly say that it was the best entertainment I've had at the Gate since we beat Man Utd in 2017.

Can we sign Brandon Flowers?

I'd love to see his goal celebration! :banana:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Was awesome mate. Sound was excellent, even the mizzly weather didn’t dampen our spirits. Two awesome bands, although looking at some of the photos I do slightly wish I’d been there in person but at 70 sheets or whatever it was, I was happy to have had a wee garden party with a few neighbours and make a profit as I rented my driveway out for a score. 

we walked past your house calling your name but couldn't remember what number you lived at! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with all on here - it was a great night. And I’m an old fart! One thing I noticed last night was the lack of those horrible lights above the vomitories (?) in the Dolman and Lansdown. Surely if they can keep them off for this why are they kept on for football?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Agree with all on here - it was a great night. And I’m an old fart! One thing I noticed last night was the lack of those horrible lights above the vomitories (?) in the Dolman and Lansdown. Surely if they can keep them off for this why are they kept on for football?

I'd guess the SAG aren't involved away from football? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phantom said:

As we're all football fans, I just wanted to throw something random into this thread, a good friend of mine was working at the ground yesterday as security 

Screenshot_20220527-095208_Instagram.jpg

 

From my social media this morning it looks like everyone was either at the killers or Ed Sheeran last night. 

Glad everyone had a fantastic evening 

Saw them escorting one guy out…..15 minutes later they threw him out again 😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I think the different timings must have had something to do with the Killers' finish time. 🤔

Originally, Manics were on at 7.30pm with the Killers on stage from 8.45pm, ending at 10.25pm. Assuming Manics would be playing 45 minutes, that would have left a 30 minute turn around between sets. Manics finished at 7.50pm, Killers stuck to the 8.45pm scheduled start though; if Manics had started at the publicised time of 7.30pm, Killers wouldn't have come in till 9.15pm and then finished at 10.55pm. That would have played havoc with people's buses, trains, curfews (?).....

Sorry there's a lot of times in that last par. 

Ah, thanks. Didn't know that the Killers weren't scheduled until 8.45.

Probably needed a big gap so their crew could do all the vacuuming 🤣

What was that all about? 🤔

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

image.png.5383c1ea8a8d69d1097c1c31edbd8b99.png

Notice on the comments that he fell, I never saw that, did anyone see it. 

 

I did, he laughed mid-song which I think had something about falling in the lyrics - irony.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I was so sad, that I took a stroll to where my season ticket is to see what the view would have been like from E31. 😅

What was the sound like from there? 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

That’s the 11th time I’ve seen them, and IMO they’ve never disappointed.
First time when they backed up U2 and I told everyone back then, that they are going to be big. 
Only disappointment for me tonight was the bars. They cope with the football and rugby but the queues tonight was horrendous. My wife who don’t like the Manic’s went to the bar midway through and returned 15 minutes before the Killers started. Every concert we normally go to, there are people going round with tanks on their backs selling drinks. I didn’t see any of that tonight. 
 

My mate said the bars were a shambles, he reckons the ones by him had run out of lager by 19.30. 
 

I was at Sheeran last night with my wife and some friends, have to say Cardiff do it well, we got train their and back from Parkway, i was back in my house in Yate by the time my sister who was also there but drove, had even got on the M4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I was at Sheeran last night with my wife and some friends, have to say Cardiff do it well, we got train their and back from Parkway, i was back in my house in Yate by the time my sister who was also there but drove, had even got on the M4. 

What time did you get back to Parkway? My missus is going tomorrow and im Mr Taxi 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got in to Parkway about 23.40, back home around midnight, if she does get the train then make sure she goes to the front of the station as i  went to where we got off first of all and it was the wrong place. 
My sister who drove and lives near the Severn bridge got in at 1am

@TonyTonyTony

Edited by Rob k
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

My mate said the bars were a shambles, he reckons the ones by him had run out of lager by 19.30. 
 

I was at Sheeran last night with my wife and some friends, have to say Cardiff do it well, we got train their and back from Parkway, i was back in my house in Yate by the time my sister who was also there but drove, had even got on the M4. 

They do, do it well there. But in fairness until a few years back it was the only one in South West area that was the go to venue.  But running out of lager before the support act finished is comical. 

I live on the Welsh side of the bridge and driving to Bristol last night I could see the queuing back across to the English side of bridges. Mark Dickfords greatest achievement saying the M4 by Newport is not as bad as people say. 

I always wonder why people drive to the Millennium  (Still can't bring myself to call it after a Building Society). Train station 5 minutes from the ground, with bars in between. The queues are well organised so not too much hanging round after to get back.   

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

My mate said the bars were a shambles, he reckons the ones by him had run out of lager by 19.30. 
 

I was at Sheeran last night with my wife and some friends, have to say Cardiff do it well, we got train their and back from Parkway, i was back in my house in Yate by the time my sister who was also there but drove, had even got on the M4. 

My mate said the bars were fine, the pitch side one was full on serving for the whole gig. I think he's telling you porkies!

I parked on a friends drive and was home in Portishead by 11.15pm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

My mate said the bars were fine, the pitch side one was full on serving for the whole gig. I think he's telling you porkies!

I parked on a friends drive and was home in Portishead by 11.15pm

Bit of a weird thing to lie about 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, phantom said:

FB_IMG_1653645663029.jpg

Strange then.

The Manics were on stage at 7.00pm last night, the decision for them to start half an hour earlier than advertised must have been taken well before then surely. And certainly not "shortly before 7.10pm".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

What a great night.  Although I cried, again, I can truly say that it was the best entertainment I've had at the Gate since we beat Man Utd in 2017.

Can we sign Brandon Flowers?

Considering it's one of the most overplayed songs of all time, and considering that it's played as the end to literally every night in every club since about 2005, seeing Mr Brightside live is somehow still something incredibly special imo. With most of the movement being British, who'd have guessed that a Las Vegas band would write *the* noughties indie tune?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...