IGNORED

City Make The Right Choice

Port Said Red

I was listening to the business programme on 5live last night and they reviewed a new book about the rivalry between Puma and Adidas.

Apparently the two companies were set up in a small German town by brothers when they became fiercest enemies.

Adolph Dassler (Adidas) and his brother Rudolph (Puma) became enemies when Adolph was arrested for war crimes committed whilst working for the SS, by US authorities just after the war. He believed that Rudolph had sold him out to the authorities and their feud spread beyond the rival shoe shops they created to the whole town. Even to this day the locals will check what brand you are wearing before starting a conversation! :blink:

So City have made the right choice in my opinion, contracting with the company started by someone who hated the nazis so much he ratted on his own brother! :rolleyes:

I was listening to the business programme on 5live last night and they reviewed a new book about the rivalry between Puma and Adidas.

Apparently the two companies were set up in a small German town by brothers when they became fiercest enemies.

Adolph Dassler (Adidas) and his brother Rudolph (Puma) became enemies when Adolph was arrested for war crimes committed whilst working for the SS, by US authorities just after the war. He believed that Rudolph had sold him out to the authorities and their feud spread beyond the rival shoe shops they created to the whole town. Even to this day the locals will check what brand you are wearing before starting a conversation! :blink:

So City have made the right choice in my opinion, contracting with the company started by someone who hated the nazis so much he ratted on his own brother! :rolleyes:

I think they made the wrong choice then.. :whistle:

That's a good potted history of the two companies, but having said that it's also worth pointing out the recent history of Puma who have upset a lot of groups of individuals, particularly women and gay rights, because they sponsored Jamaican rappers. There was a superb documentary on - I think it was BBC2 a year or so ago that looked at the issue. Therefore Puma's recent history ain't all that good...

That's a good potted history of the two companies, but having said that it's also worth pointing out the recent history of Puma who have upset a lot of groups of individuals, particularly women and gay rights, because they sponsored Jamaican rappers. There was a superb documentary on - I think it was BBC2 a year or so ago that looked at the issue. Therefore Puma's recent history ain't all that good...

Sounds about right, they are a multi national company so I didn't think they would be completely PC (nearly said whiter than white then.... oops just did) :doh: to be honest I just liked that story. I just had this vision of Germans approaching each other in the street, checking out the others shoes before wishing them Guten morgen!! :cool:

City have made the right choice ????!!!!!......

Maybe not so on away trips in the Birmingham area when our Puma branded City shirts may get us in trouble with the West Midlands SS Royalist Gestapo police. :shifty::whistle: Does the German descended imposter Queen - Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - also prefer Adidas branded products? Afterall, she is the Kommandant and High Priestess of this country's corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police. :w00t:

Maybe not so on away trips in the Birmingham area when our Puma branded City shirts may get us in trouble with the West Midlands SS Royalist Gestapo police. :shifty::whistle: Does the German descended imposter Queen - Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - also prefer Adidas branded products as she is the Kommandant and High Priestess of this country's corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police. :w00t:

Damn! I had forgotten this, the retirbution this may bring could be intense. Still if you don't stand against 'em, they will win in the end.

Maybe not so on away trips in the Birmingham area when our Puma branded City shirts may get us in trouble with the West Midlands SS Royalist Gestapo police. :shifty::whistle: Does the German descended imposter Queen - Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - also prefer Adidas branded products? Afterall, she is the Kommandant and High Priestess of this country's corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police. :w00t:

Interesting photo Mr Goblin.

Did you know that one of the soviet liberators of Berlin had to be 'altered' in the picture because

he was wearing two wristwatches! a sure sign he had been looting!

This is true.

Regards

Damn! I had forgotten this, the retirbution this may bring could be intense. Still if you don't stand against 'em, they will win in the end.

I prefer to wear the American sports brands like 'Nike' trainers and 'Champion' shirts with American Levi or Wrangler jeans. I'll now buy a German Puma product only because its now the Bristol City FC brand. :whistle:

Interesting photo Mr Goblin.

Did you know that one of the soviet liberators of Berlin had to be 'altered' in the picture because

he was wearing two wristwatches! a sure sign he had been looting!

This is true.

Regards

I believe Field Marshal Stalin may have declared Berlin a free city for the Red Army for a few days. Red Army soldiers were thus free to loot, rape and pillage as their reward for helping to smash the so called Aryan Master Race of Hitler's Third Reich. Never underestimate the Russians as Hitler did - Russians are also excellent chess players as well as soldiers. :whistle:

maybe in other peoples opinions, but mine, I think it is good recent history :)

Guest do you like apples?

you are a tit

Were Adidas and Puma, as German clothing manufacturers, responsible for the following WWII uniforms?.......

IPB Image

maybe in other peoples opinions, but mine, I think it is good recent history :)

That is because you are clearly a sexist and a homophone and obviously a t*t.

I prefer to wear the American sports brands like 'Nike' trainers and 'Champion' shirts with American Levi or Wrangler jeans. I'll now buy a German Puma product only because its now the Bristol City FC brand. :whistle:

I'm not sure how you can possibly choose the massive corporate American giants, like Nike, who for years have been abusing the Far Eastern workers by making them work in sweat shops?! Ok, I know the other companies do the same thing, but surely Nike are the worst?

How does this tie up with Puma work? The Bristol Trade Centre are the shirt sponsors - do Puma pay City any monies for being the technical shirt supplier or whatever the jargon was? Or have City struck a deal with Puma who, being a well-known brand, will lead to more shirts being sold and hence more money for both parties? For an old far* like me, it's all jolly confusing. Looking forward to wearing the good old black shirt, however ... now the blackshirts, there's another can of worms.

I'm not sure how you can possibly choose the massive corporate American giants, like Nike, who for years have been abusing the Far Eastern workers by making them work in sweat shops?! Ok, I know the other companies do the same thing, but surely Nike are the worst?

I choose Nike trainers because they're usually well designed, comfortable and fit well, no other reason really. I really don't know how well/badly Nike treat their Far Eastern employees.

I choose Nike trainers because they're usually well designed, comfortable and fit well, no other reason really. I really don't know how well/badly Nike treat their Far Eastern employees.

:laugh: fair enough. I'd've thought a political man such as yourself would have more robust criteria for choosing their sportswear, however...!

I guess, though, they all treat their employees like ###t, though...

RG - You are truly a forum legend.... :laugh:

:laugh: fair enough. I'd've thought a political man such as yourself would have more robust criteria for choosing their sportswear, however...!

I guess, though, they all treat their employees like ###t, though...

If Puma and Adidas were around during WWII they would have been familiar with the NAZI concept of expendable labour. I.e. 'Workers' - e.g. hapless Jews, captured Russians and gypsies were literally worked to death in German slave labour camps producing goods such as shoes, clothes and war munitions. Some present day American firms may well treat their labour force badly but nowhere near as badly as the NAZI Germans did. If Puma and Adidas have their organisational roots in the German NAZI era then they're a party to some terrible atrocities. :whistle:

If Puma and Adidas were around during WWII they would have been familiar with the NAZI concept of expendable labour. I.e. 'Workers' - e.g. hapless Jews, captured Russians and gypsies were literally worked to death in German slave labour camps producing goods such as shoes, clothes and war munitions. Some present day American firms may well treat their labour force badly but nowhere near as badly as the NAZI Germans did. If Puma and Adidas have their organisational roots in the German NAZI era then they're a party to some terrible atrocities. :whistle:

The fact is that several huge german brands (bosch & siemens to name just two) have a pretty sordid history especially during the second war.

For instance hands up those of you with a bosch dishwasher? ever wondered how they developed the nozzle technology? lets say they certainly ironed out some design flaws in the gas chambers and ovens of the camps. This is fact. German industry was party to the development of the advanced technologies of the Third Reich. (of course the US pinched a good lot of this at the end of the punch up and carried on the good work)

There are still plenty of ways of taking an ethical stance about what you eat/wear/do in todays consumer driven world.

(but it's also far too easy not to - talk is cheap.)

But make the effort. It's worth it.

The fact is that several huge german brands (bosch & siemens to name just two) have a pretty sordid history especially during the second war.

For instance hands up those of you with a bosch dishwasher? ever wondered how they developed the nozzle technology? lets say they certainly ironed out some design flaws in the gas chambers and ovens of the camps. This is fact. German industry was party to the development of the advanced technologies of the Third Reich. (of course the US pinched a good lot of this at the end of the punch up and carried on the good work)

There are still plenty of ways of taking an ethical stance about what you eat/wear/do in todays consumer driven world.

(but it's also far too easy not to - talk is cheap.)

But make the effort. It's worth it.

One terrible type of experiment was used on hapless American prisoners by the Japanese - cold water immersion to see how long the human body would last in the cold water. :shutup: This technology developed via a massive cost in human life is now in use in meat freezing and scientific applications.

Blimey, I've just found the following extract, I'm not sure I'll bother buying the BCFC Puma branded shirt after reading the following :( ..........

Source: http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/indictme...htm#DEPORTATION

B) DEPORTATION FOR SLAVE LABOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES OF THE CIVILIAN POPULATIONS OF AND IN OCCUPIED TERRITORIES

During the whole period of the occupation by Germany of both the Western and the Eastern Countries it was the policy of the German Government and of the German High Command to deport able-bodied citizens from such occupied countries to Germany and to other occupied countries for the purpose of slave labor upon defense works, in factories, and in other tasks connected with the German war effort.

In pursuance of such policy there were mass deportations from all the Western and Eastern Countries for such purposes during the whole period of the occupation.

Such deportations were contrary to international conventions, in particular to Article 46 of the Hague Regulations, 1907, the laws and customs of war, the general principles of criminal law as derived from the criminal laws of all civilized nations, the internal penal laws of the countries in which such crimes were committed, and to Article 6 (b) of the Charter.

Particulars of deportations, by way of example only and without prejudice to the production of evidence of other cases are as follows:

1. From the Western Countries:

From France the following deportations of persons for political and racial reasons took place-each of which consisted of from 1,500 to 2,500 deportees:

1940 . . . . . . . . 3 Transports

1941 . . . . . . . . 14 Transports

1942 . . . . . . . .104 Transports

1943 . . . . . . . ..257 Transports

1944 . . . ; . . . . 326 Transports

Such deportees were subjected to the most barbarous conditions of overcrowding; they were provided with wholly insufficient clothing and were given little or no food for several days.

The conditions of transport were such that many deportees died in the course of the journey, for example:

In one of the wagons of the train which left Compiegne for Buchenwald, on 17 September 1943, 80 men died out of 130;

On 4 June 1944, 484 bodies were taken out of the train at Sarrebourg;

In a train which left Compiegne on 2 July 1944 for Dachau, more than 600 dead were found on arrival, i. e. one-third of the total number;

In a train which left Compiegne on 16 January 1944 for Buchen-wald, more than 100 men were confined in each wagon, the dead and the wounded being heaped in the last wagon during the journey;

In April 1945, of 12,000 internees evacuated from Buchenwald, 4,000 only were still alive when the marching column arrived near Regensburg.

During the German occupation of Denmark, 5,200 Danish subjects were deported to Germany and there imprisoned in concentration camps and other places.

In 1942 and thereafter 6,000 nationals of Luxembourg were deported from their country under deplorable conditions as a result of which many of them perished.

From Belgium between 1940 and 1944 at least 190,000 civilians were deported to Germany and used as slave labor. Such deportees were subjected to ill-treatment and many of them were compelled to work in armament factories.

From Holland, between 1940 and 1944, nearly half a million civilians were deported to Germany and to other occupied countries.

2. From the Eastern Countries:

The German occupying authorities deported from the Soviet Union to slavery about 4,978,000 Soviet citizens.

Seven hundred and fifty thousand Czechoslovakian citizens were taken away from Czechoslovakia and forced to work in the German war machine in the interior of Germany.

On 4 June 1941, in the city of Zagreb (Yugoslavia) a meeting of German representatives was called with the Councillor Von Troll presiding. The purpose was to set up the means of deporting the Yugoslav population from Slovenia. Tens of thousands of persons were deported in carrying out this plan.

No joke I'm afraid, the way German companies mistreated its captured foreign workforce is a source of controversy to this day.

My family is from the Netherlands. My mother lived through the war in Holland

Some of my relatives were taken away by the germans. (I'm proud to say that my uncle escaped and fought with the underground)

The treatment of Jews at the hands of the germans is all too documented.

When you hear from first hand, stories of what they did to Dutch citizens it makes you realise how close (in historic terms) these events are/were.

You ask my mothers generation about their feelings towards the Germans and you'll get a pretty short answer.

My family is from the Netherlands. My mother lived through the war in Holland

Some of my relatives were taken away by the germans. (I'm proud to say that my uncle escaped and fought with the underground)

The treatment of Jews at the hands of the germans is all too documented.

When you hear from first hand, stories of what they did to Dutch citizens it makes you realise how close (in historic terms) these events are/were.

You ask my mothers generation about their feelings towards the Germans and you'll get a pretty short answer.

I was brought up by my grandfather and he served in the RAF and I'm well aware - from what he told me - of what the Germans did to Russians, Jews and Gypsies in WWII and all other unfortunates that didn't fit in with the NAZI German idea of an 'Aryan Master Race'. My friend's dad was taken prisoner in North Africa and he was transported to Germany to fill in bomb craters from the allied bombing raids. He told me of how, one day, a Russian prisoner in a bedraggled procession was shot in the head by German guards for shouting "victory to us comrades" in perfect English to my friends dad. :(

VICTORY TO US COMRADES !!!!!

Archived