IGNORED

Remember Where You Were 22 Years Ago Tomorrow?

Bob Taylor is GOD

Surely it must be an omen that we are playing at the new wembley for the first time on the anniverary of our first EVER trip to wembley!!

We also played in RED and won 3:0! :fingerscrossed:

and I'm sat in the same corner as then this time :fingerscrossed:

were you in the Bolton end? I could have sworn i was in the east side terracing with all the red army!

does anyone remember the nutter who shimmied under the roof along the girders to tie the city flag above the terrace????

Very dangerous, but as a 13yr old, was spellbound!

i was there also went by cats also got in the group phot that was on the front page of the evil post

I remember tthe game like it was last season (funny when I consider I forget what I've gone into a room for)

I'll always remember Gerry Gow being in the crowd and being interviewed in front of the City faithful...And singing that song

Hes here he's there he'e every ######G where Gerry Gow Etc

May be we have finally found Gerry in Nick Carle...

wow,i didn't realise it was the same date 22years ago.i was there,top day out from what i can remember.

just reward for all city fans then after being bottom of the league a couple of years before.

i can still remember our average gates of just over 4'000 in the old fourth division

a far cry from 40'000 at wembley tomorrow!

remember it well god how old am i

sat on the grass by the tube station drinking cider before the match as the pubs was full and taking to long to get served so went to the offi by there.. must have been a cpl of hundred sat there in the end o what a day that was :city::banana: :banana:

Christ!! that was Mrs bucks first ever game, and we got a train full of Bolton fans. good day out, and afterwards had a good craic going home with the Bolton lot. Friendly bunch they were too.

Jeezuz, a sheed load of posters on yer werent even born FFS!

does anyone remember the nutter who shimmied under the roof along the girders to tie the city flag above the terrace????

Very dangerous, but as a 13yr old, was spellbound!

i can remember that well, what a nutter indeed, must of had some cider in him to do that. can remember thinking if he falls he's going to land right on my head..

Surely it must be an omen that we are playing at the new wembley for the first time on the anniverary of our first EVER trip to wembley!!

We also played in RED and won 3:0! :fingerscrossed:

Remember it well - may have to search the videos out of game (bought two - one full match, other edited highlights) and dust the old video recorder off to watch them tonight as not going to be able to sleep much!

Remember it well - may have to search the videos out of game (bought two - one full match, other edited highlights) and dust the old video recorder off to watch them tonight as not going to be able to sleep much!

Waugh, Newman, Moyes, McPhail, Williams, Pritchard, Huctinson (captain) Harle, the one and only WALSHY (shuffle), Neville & two goal RILEY.

COME ON U REDS

I remember it well, can't believe it's that long ago!

Wasn't it only the first or 2nd year of the competition for lower divisions, 'little' teams just didn't get a chance of playing at wembley before that. I thought I'd only get to Wembley once, (we went again the following year but we won't talk about that!), so brought an expensive ticket, about £13 I think!!!

Oh and we ducked out of a family wedding to be there too!!!

Oh god yes I was there, on the side near the goal where the two second half goals went in - had the perfect angle to see Riley's second goal (a header, wasn't it??) arc in past the Bolton keeper. Brilliant day and going back down the M4 was great with all the cars with red scarves out the windows beeping to each other like mad.

Can't remember what seats we were in but i was 14 , i went with my uncle and his mate . I specifically remember them socring when we were 3-0 up as my uncle had a bet on that being the score (3-1) , only for me to turn and laugh at him as i'd already seen the ref blow ... never realised it was 24th May though ..until now

:fingerscrossed:

:city:

Archived