IGNORED

Remember Where You Were 22 Years Ago Tomorrow?

Bob Taylor is GOD

I was there, 9 years old at the time, remember the goals well and i think Saint & Greavsie presented the trophy!

That was my first time at Wembley, as it will be at the new stadium tomorrow......not that I'm looking for the slightest omen in any way shape or form :fingerscrossed:

my memories of the day? ........... great result, but cr*p stadium. Stood behind the goal in half empty stand. I remember rushing home to see the highlights of the goals scored down the other end, but unfortunately those were the days when there was no media coverage and therefore no highlights. How times have changed!!!!!!!!!!

Still remember it vividly. Remember looking up at the old Wembley scoreboard saying Bristol City 3 Bolton 0 - the same one that read England 4 Germany 2 in '66 - magic! Also remember Glyn Riley scoring then running behind the goal, jumping in the air and landing on his bum - looked real painful...

Just found my scarf from that game - and the one from year after! Am tempted to wear my shirt from 1987 game too (white with red trim and Hirerite across middle) but might be unlucky!

The only unlucky thing was the dumbarsed idea to ask Gordon Owen to take a penalty!!!

9 years old and have vivid memories of a champagne day. Who can forget the giant banner "Nat Lofthouse????? Nat Sh1thouse" - I was crying with laughter. Went with my Uncle Rich then and I'm going with him again tomorrow. He is the man I thank for getting me into The City. I feel as confident now as I did back then when we were leading 1-0 at half time. At about 3.50pm, my Uncle turned to me and said "Do you think we will win?" I almost threw my Tizer over his white espodrils.

I have to mention Terry Cooper. One of the nicest blokes in football and a City legend. He dragged us up from the dregs and took us up from the basement and on to Wembley. There is a post match interview with him on Youtube. The Man weeps tears of joy and puts winning the Freight Rover Trophy ahead of winning European titles, First Division Championships, FA Cups and being England's best player at the 1970 World Cup. He's a terrific example of remembering where we come from. If we go up tomorrow, it's people like Terry that should bask in the shared glory. Here's to you TERRY.

I was high up on the Mendip Hills taking part in a sponsored walk which had been planned earlier that year and I just could not get to Wembley. We listened to the game on a radio tied to my rucksack.

We stopped at The Miners Arms at Shipham and pitched our tent in a farmer's field. At around 10.30pm, a coach and a mini-bus pulled up outside and about 75 City fans poured into the pub.....all singing and dancing. Anyway, we didn't get out of there until daylight.....pi$$ed as farts.....and woke up a few hours later ON TOP of our collapsed tent!!!

I didn't go to Wembley.....but I still remember the day very well.

I was high up on the Mendip Hills taking part in a sponsored walk which had been planned earlier that year and I just could not get to Wembley. We listened to the game on a radio tied to my rucksack.

We stopped at The Miners Arms at Shipham and pitched our tent in a farmer's field. At around 10.30pm, a coach and a mini-bus pulled up outside and about 75 City fans poured into the pub.....all singing and dancing. Anyway, we didn't get out of there until daylight.....pi$$ed as farts.....and woke up a few hours later ON TOP of our collapsed tent!!!

That made I laugh....Sounds hilarious....! Make sure you are celebrating the same way this evening !!

oh and by the way yeah I was there. 17 years of ae, mullet haircut and a black eye to boot. some #### pulled me over on the 'speed skate' at Bristol ice rink a few days before....head first into the ice...ouch !

Still, great day and as someone said earlier , it was one of those when smaller teams were first given the chance to go Wembley it was unheard of to go unless it was league or FA cup finals till about that time.

Fantastic day was had, as will today. Enjoy everyone !

Guest shane

was eleven first ever time to wembley what a day remember getting there late and having to piss on the steps while they were playing national anthem.remember the celebrations back at ashton the day after when the players were in the bar above the williams.also first time at new wembley.

If it follows, it's 3-0 with 2 goals by Adebola (Journeyman striker) and one by Sprout/ Noble (Right winger) with Trundle as MOM (TAlented striker who had not done himself justice). It had better not all be the same though, or I will arrive home and my black cat will die on me!

Archived