IGNORED

Idea For New 2008/09 Season

Belfastcityfan

What about the on-line store giving us the option of having "Always Believe" printed on the back of the new shirts for the 2008/09 season? They give us the option of numbers/names to be printed so I don't think it would be much of a problem to add this.

What do you think?

I see it in fancy writing at the top/bottom of the shirts. Even on the shorts too. The phrase has become iconic this season and it will bring togetherness amongst fans and players alike. Better still, why don't we have it the official kit worn by the players??

Any thoughts/abuse?

Pete

What about the on-line store giving us the option of having "Always Believe" printed on the back of the new shirts for the 2008/09 season? They give us the option of numbers/names to be printed so I don't think it would be much of a problem to add this.

What do you think?

I see it in fancy writing at the top/bottom of the shirts. Even on the shorts too. The phrase has become iconic this season and it will bring togetherness amongst fans and players alike. Better still, why don't we have it the official kit worn by the players??

Any thoughts/abuse?

Pete

Excellent idea.

I can't see a problem with it. You can have any letters you want printed on the back of the shirt as long as it fits and its not abusive.

Why not 'Always Believe'?

What do you think?

Any thoughts/abuse?

Pete

Great idea. I,m already going to get one for my son -option or not.

PS Belfastcityfan did you make it to the match ontime?

Great idea. I,m already going to get one for my son -option or not.

PS Belfastcityfan did you make it to the match ontime?

Just about......we didn't leave Belfast until 10.30, then we had to circle Heathrow for 35 mins!!

Got to the ground by 2.15, knocked back a tin of Stella, and was seated by 2.30!

Just about......we didn't leave Belfast until 10.30, then we had to circle Heathrow for 35 mins!!

Got to the ground by 2.15, knocked back a tin of Stella, and was seated by 2.30!

Hi Pete, you been speaking to Dean about the shirt idea???? :whistle: We had ours done for Wembley, only cost a fiver each and the printing is better than what the City shop do... Was hoping to meet you on saturday before the game, but Dean said your flight was delayed..

Simon

14w9f6d.jpg

2vjreoi.jpg

Great idea, it should be made standard on the bottom of the shirt.

get rid of the flag and just have "Always Believe" along the bottom at the back. Maybe even replace the england flag with the robin emblem.

would make a really nice touch.

Great idea, it should be made standard on the bottom of the shirt.

get rid of the flag and just have "Always Believe" along the bottom at the back. Maybe even replace the england flag with the robin emblem.

would make a really nice touch.

Sounds a good idea to me.. Any photoshop wizards want to have a go at making one???

He wrote shirt instead of shop originally, I AM NOT MAD. Hmm no smoke without fire eh :englandsmile4wf:

:wacko::bonkers::whistle::w00t: Not saying a word...

Excellent idea. I will do this.

I have said it before but if this belief and determination can stay with us in hard times and even after Basso has long gone then we will benefit.

Perhaps in future years we will have it on the kit anyway - potentially in the banner under the badge?

Excellent idea. I will do this.

I have said it before but if this belief and determination can stay with us in hard times and even after Basso has long gone then we will benefit.

Perhaps in future years we will have it on the kit anyway - potentially in the banner under the badge?

What a wonderful idea!

In my opinion 'We always believe' should be City's version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and best sung with scarves raised by every Robins fan.

Additionally, I wonder if the club would consider giving scarves away to encourage this?

What do you reckon, Pete?

Guest DanC
What a wonderful idea!

In my opinion 'We always believe' should be City's version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and best sung with scarves raised by every Robins fan.

Additionally, I wonder if the club would consider giving scarves away to encourage this?

Always believe scarfs would be brilliant.

Always believe scarfs would be brilliant.

good shout as a motto above the Bristol City name on a scarf

wouldn't be suprised if they did a "basso" line of kit in the shop, as the "always believe" motto is just growing and growing

Guest DanC
Not exactly original is it? England and Manchester United used this phrase a long time before City did.
But come one, If your a Man U fan you don't need to believe. It's a disappointment if they don't win the prem or something. As one of the best and richest clubs in the world they should be challenging for honours every season so believing has nothing to do with it in there case. If you are the best at something you hardly need to believe do you.

However at Bristol City we are not the best, We are not the biggest, We are not the richest so we do have to believe.

Also at Moscow was the first time I heard of there believe phrase.

Not exactly original is it? England and Manchester United used this phrase a long time before City did.

I was actually talking to my friend earlier (a man utd season ticket holder) about how its sort of become our motto and while he didn't really like himself he didn't mention that he'd ever heard it in manc.

I think its a well good idea and although I guess its too late to have on this years shirts it would be great to see it as standard on future ones, like when man u had theatre of dreams on their kits that one year.

I was actually talking to my friend earlier (a man utd season ticket holder) about how its sort of become our motto and while he didn't really like himself he didn't mention that he'd ever heard it in manc.

They don't sing it they hold up cards spelling out believe. It looks a bit naff when you think England also used it for the world cup with mars.

What a wonderful idea!

I think it would be great, and to have it as a city anthem would be excellent. I think we should push for it :fingerscrossed:

Hi Pete, you been speaking to Dean about the shirt idea???? :whistle: We had ours done for Wembley, only cost a fiver each and the printing is better than what the City shop do... Was hoping to meet you on saturday before the game, but Dean said your flight was delayed..

Simon

14w9f6d.jpg

2vjreoi.jpg

yeah I saw you wilition at wembely walking out of the stadium looks good! maybe good if everyone got the number 31 oin the back too?

yeah I saw you wilition at wembely walking out of the stadium looks good! maybe good if everyone got the number 31 oin the back too?

Should have said hello!

We only went for 08 because of the year etc.. When we get next seasons kit 31 will be a good idea...

Any chance people could put their otib username on there as well so we know who everyone is?? :noexpression:

Archived