IGNORED

Wembley Part Timers

42nite

Personally I've not got a problem with them as long as all the regular City fans are ok. (Will need sorting out a bit better next time).

But did you come across any part timers?

The one behind me was at it from the start.....Which one's Orr? Who's that number 10? Corr..Carr..Cole...Looks ******* tidy whatever his name is! That big ******* **** up front is ******* ****! They should get the ******* useless **** off!

Went on like that for most of the match.

Pissed me off aswell and what took the piss even more was that someone asked me who we were playing.

Get the **** out the club!

Are we not past this 'damn the glory hunters' phase yet?

Personally i would have been very embarrassed if we only sold 18,000 tickets for a game of that magnitude so can we not please focus on these people as fans of the future and ultimately making our club even bigger. Granted not every single one will come back but if we can 25% back regularly next season then that is a full house for us every week.

Stop being so narrow minded.

Pissed me off aswell and what took the piss even more was that someone asked me who we were playing.

Get the **** out the club!

Got nothing against them, just that little gems like this should be shared, and where better than on a fans forum?

Apparently Mccombe was having a shocker!

Oh, keep 'em coming then. No point getting worked up about it, just laugh, at least they filled the stands and put some coffers into the chest. Does anybody know how much the gate receipts were and how much City have made from the two semis and final, as well as finishing 4th?

Though i can not stand glory hunters i have to agree with RedFred.

One day i would love to see City playing in the Prem and not just fighting a relegation battle but fighting at the top end for honours.

This will not happen with only 14,000 season tickets holders. This will only happen when we can average 30,000 regularly and to do that new fans have to be found.

Yes it will take time and i did prefer the atmosphere when we only 1000 to 2000 away from home (i.e. Palace away) but i don't just go to football for the atmosphere, i also go to see a winning team and that will only happen with bums on seats.

One of my mates travelled from New York where he's lived for the last 10 years, he was only a supporter for 25 years before he emigrated, what a gloryhunting, daytripping part-timer & he only sung for 80mins. It shouldn't be allowed.

I dunno if they were part-timers, but there were a lot of people sat near me that I noticed a distinct lack of passion from.

A few times when I stood up to scream on our better attacks, I checked and had to sit back down cos most people behind me were sat down quietly.

The atmos at Ashton Gate in the semi was made by a real crowd, I didn't sit down once in that game.

[by the way, I can't bloody wait for next season!!!]

Every fan has to start somewhere and as i've posted in another thread I don't mind them so much being there, what is the problem they don't mix well with well seasoned fans and that's when you get the arguments as in you get a few lads who want to sing and shout but are too close to mums and dads with their kids, there should have been some sort of singing section at wembley and those like mined fans should have had the choice to mingle where they felt most comfortable. the ticket system sucked, every fan should have a choice to support city their way without bothering each others styles and this is not happening ie: southampton away and now wembley, i must have been sat around 25 people me and a mate in the middle and not one could name a city player let along sing a city song, i watched pockets of fans split up and try songs but got frustrated becuse those around them just stared in to space arms folded, i kid you not one woman was knitting near me as she took her grand child, no interest in the game but hey it's £62 in the clubs pocket.

I don't see why people care enough to write about it.

Some were there for a day out, so what.

I know what sort of fan I am, that is good enough for me. It ain't a competition. It's about having a respectable turn out.

Would you rather it was half empty like the game today. That would shock and embarrass me personally.

If they got a red top on and help to fill up the stadium, fine by me.

And before anybody starts with "what about the REAL fans who didn't get a ticket". Last week there was hundreds of tickets left with no queues in the latter part of the week; if they didn't get one at that stage then there as bad, if not worse than any day-tripper.

I know what sort of fan I am, that is good enough for me. It ain't a competition. It's about having a respectable turn out.

Would you rather it was half empty like the game today. That would shock and embarrass me personally.

And before anybody starts with "what about the REAL fans who didn't get a ticket". Last week there was hundreds of tickets left with no queues in the latter part of the week; if they didn't get one at that stage then there as bad, if not worse than any day-tripper.

like i said neo if they are there they are there thats not the real problem but lets get the grounds and ticketing sorted so people can be together, we have had a laugh in the eastend this season and at wembley i missed being around them

and thats the point of your day out.

Bloke next to me wanted to know how you spelt Bristol backwards, who starred alongside Shirley Jones in Carousel and then started eating green plastic clothes pegs out of a paper bag. Only managed to turn up an hour before kick off and wasn't wearing anything red other then his shirt , trousers and a hat. Bloody disgraceful everyone in the Dolman knows the cast of Carousel.

Are we not past this 'damn the glory hunters' phase yet?

Personally i would have been very embarrassed if we only sold 18,000 tickets for a game of that magnitude so can we not please focus on these people as fans of the future and ultimately making our club even bigger. Granted not every single one will come back but if we can 25% back regularly next season then that is a full house for us every week.

Stop being so narrow minded.

Well my two grown up sons who have attended just two League games between them this season are both buying season tickets for next season because of how much they enjoyed the passion of the day. I'm sure that there will be many more like them and this can only be good for the club.

Absolutely spot on.

Anyhow the big stadiums and ticketing companies aren't bothered about real fans. It's just about making as much profit as possible. Also the club could not have organised any alternative given the short time available.

For anybody to say that either the club or ticketmaster should have had some sorting process for those that wanted to sit+sing, sit+not sing, stand+sing, stand some of the time+sing etc........(you get my drift) is being unrealistic and rediculous in the extreme.

For anybody to say that either the club or ticketmaster should have had some sorting process for those that wanted to sit+sing, sit+not sing, stand+sing, stand some of the time+sing etc........(you get my drift) is being unrealistic and rediculous in the extreme.

Its been done at Wembley by other clubs.

Well my two grown up sons who have attended just two League games between them this season are both buying season tickets for next season because of how much they enjoyed the passion of the day. I'm sure that there will be many more like them and this can only be good for the club.

And there we have it...may I be the first to welcome the Kingpin Juniors into the fold and declare the whole 'part-timers' debate CLOSED! As a football club BCFC exist to attract fans old and new. Here are two new ones. I suspect there are plenty more new punters who will become regulars on the back of Saturday's game.

Thank you and welcome :)

I don't know enough about the first two but i'm certain the demand would't have been the same. as for England how much notice is there for international games?

Cambridge and Exeter put 3000 tickets aside specifically for this.

City could have done something very similar, offering choice and attempting to create a great atmosphere for what was the most important game in the clubs history. There was time and the club were in the top six for how long? It has nothing to do with part timers more a case of simply wanting to sit with fans who want to support the team by singing and there is nothing far fetched or ridiculous about that.

Cambridge and Exeter put 3000 tickets aside specifiaclly for this.

City could have done something very similar, offering choice and attempting to create a great atmosphere for what was the most important game in the clubs history. There was time and the club were in the top six for how long? It has nothing to do with part timers more a case of simply wanting to sit with fans who want to support the team by singing and there is nothing far fetched or ridiculous about that.

As i have said the demand wasn't there for Cambridge and Exeter so maybe more time and resources were put in to giving choice? City knew the demand would be high for their game hence the decision to use ticketmaster. As i have stated in my original post, ticketmaster couldn't care less as long as they maximise profit.

As i have said the demand wasn't there for Cambridge and Exeter so maybe more time and resources were put in to giving choice? City knew the demand would be high for their game hence the decision to use ticketmaster. As i have stated in my original post, ticketmaster couldn't care less as long as they maximise profit.

Another way of looking at it is that those two clubs cared enough.

Its not hard and for my £62 plus booking fee i could not even select which tier i was in unless i called back later now that is ridiculous. The club opted for this. Fans are not being unrealistic or extreme for simply wanting to be able to sit with others who wanted to respond to those calls to get behind City from Johnson. It was the biggest game in my life and the atmosphere did not mirror that.

Another way of looking at it is that those two clubs cared enough.

Its not hard and for my £62 plus booking fee i could not even select which tier i was in unless i called back later now that is ridiculous. The club opted for this. Fans are not being unrealistic or extreme for simply wanting to be able to sit with others who wanted to respond to those calls to get behind City from Johnson. It was the biggest game in my life and the atmosphere did not mirror that.

Those two clubs, collectively, sold approx the same as our club on its own. They also had nearly twice the timespan as our club to do this. So i'm not really surprised that they could organise 3,000 seats for whatever.

I will say it again, as far as ticketmaster is concerned, they couldn't give a flying ###### about any fan or their choices. They were out to make as much money as possible - and that included selling all the tickets as fast as possible.

Those two clubs, collectively, sold approx the same as our club on its own. They also had nearly twice the timespan as our club to do this. So i'm not really surprised that they could organise 3,000 seats for whatever.

I will say it again, as far as ticketmaster is concerned, they couldn't give a flying ###### about any fan or their choices. They were out to make as much money as possible - and that included selling all the tickets as fast as possible.

To be fair, Ticketmaster were OUR customers.

Surely it wouldn't have been too hard for the club to tell them to allocate a couple of blocks as 'singing' sections, with a caveat to purchasers such as "supporters in this section are likely to be loud throughout the game, and therefore families may feel it will not be suitable area to sit".

(Obviously not perfect wording, but you get the point)

When I used Ticketmaster I had to select from options in a drop down box, so they could have easily put it there.

Archived