IGNORED

Wembley Part Timers

42nite

Absolutely spot on.

Anyhow the big stadiums and ticketing companies aren't bothered about real fans. It's just about making as much profit as possible. Also the club could not have organised any alternative given the short time available.

For anybody to say that either the club or ticketmaster should have had some sorting process for those that wanted to sit+sing, sit+not sing, stand+sing, stand some of the time+sing etc........(you get my drift) is being unrealistic and rediculous in the extreme.

other clubs have done it and done it well, same commenst as you put was said about the eastend but we did it,

never say never...

To be fair, Ticketmaster were OUR customers.

When I used Ticketmaster I had to select from options in a drop down box, so they could have easily put it there.

Lets use ST hoders as an example........ When they come to choose seating - easy for themselves - not so easy if they are taking a person who doesn't watch very often eg wife/partner or any other family member. (which i suspect quite a few did). So already, the sections are filling with people who are not potentially singers. That is, if the ticket purchaser wants to sit next to the person thy are buying for.

other clubs have done it and done it well, same commenst as you put was said about the eastend but we did it,

never say never...

In one or two days?

Just a point to add -

Two seasons back my now brother in law came back from 3 years in Australia.

He had always been a City fan in that growing up as a kid, if you asked him his team he would say us.

He went with me to Bournemouth v City down there and if anyone sat in front of us listened would have heard -

"who'se the number 10 who scored?"

"Phil Jevons"

"Ah ok"

"Who is the right back?"

"Bradley Orr"

"right"

etc etc

From that game on I think he missed two games (including coming with me up to York in FA Cup Rnd 1 in the pouring rain) and this season he missed three games total.

He was there at Wembley as animated as the rest of us.

So give some of these blokes a little slack sometimes, they get back into being 100% diehards as well....

Well my two grown up sons who have attended just two League games between them this season are both buying season tickets for next season because of how much they enjoyed the passion of the day. I'm sure that there will be many more like them and this can only be good for the club.

Hate to break it to you but season ticket sales stopped last week.

Lets use ST hoders as an example........ When they come to choose seating - easy for themselves - not so easy if they are taking a person who doesn't watch very often eg wife/partner or any other family member. (which i suspect quite a few did). So already, the sections are filling with people who are not potentially singers. That is, if the ticket purchaser wants to sit next to the person thy are buying for.

In one or two days?

Nearly a week to sell tickets and the play offs looked likey well before then. Even tickets master sell tickets in a manner where you can opt for a specific stand or tier and other means of selling tickets should haver been made available. It really is not so hard and your point above is very thin as tickets for the singing area are for the "SINGING AREA". City do have a lot of fans who are season ticket holders would have instantly gone for this option above others.

I thought that was only to assess the pricing sturcture again. Surely not a complete freeze?

I believe that is the case. In fact the club would be mad not to, I believe that contrary to popular belief a fair few people will be interested in a season ticket on the back of our performance this year, regardless of the play-off final result.

Nearly a week to sell tickets and the play offs looked likey well before then. Even tickets master sell tickets in a manner where you can opt for a specific stand or tier and other means of selling tickets should haver been made available. It really is not so hard and your point above is very thin as tickets for the singing area are for the "SINGING AREA". City do have a lot of fans who are season ticket holders would have instantly gone for this option above others.

3 days for st holders, 20mins for the rest of us!

Also, you do not address my point in my last post, that st holders could buy 2 tickets, presumably one for themselves and possibly one for the scenario that I stated. It is possible that, if say 3,000 'singing' tickets were sold to st holders, then only a maximum figure of 1,500 would definately sing along. The rest, well who knows?

In my original post on this matter it wasn't just about singing - also standing/sitting, families and any other preferences for fans. The club could not possibly cater for everyone given the massive demand (20,000 in 20mins) and the short timeframe available.

3 days for st holders, 20mins for the rest of us!

Also, you do not address my point in my last post, that st holders could buy 2 tickets, presumably one for themselves and possibly one for the scenario that I stated. It is possible that, if say 3,000 'singing' tickets were sold to st holders, then only a maximum figure of 1,500 would definately sing along. The rest, well who knows?

In my original post on this matter it wasn't just about singing - also standing/sitting, families and any other preferences for fans. The club could not possibly cater for everyone given the massive demand (20,000 in 20mins) and the short timeframe available.

In one or two days?

they had over 10 days, people qued for 2 of them from 10am, not hard to sort out really.

so you tell me ticket master / city could not come up with a plan while people were in a que

in the cold over night??? yeah ok...

Is 1500 singing together really that shabby?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but ticketmaster sold in blocks. So if st holders bought up the first 18,000 tickets presumably quite a few of these would have been together! So why didn't it happen?

What are you on about?

:doh::doh: you don't get it do you? :doh::doh:

In any decent business they have business plans now seeing that city were in the top 6 for a vast

majority of the season it should have been pretty obvious that the play offs were going to be for

bristol city so you plan for it, business plans, ticket plans for top 6 finnish going by the

campaigning for singers and atmosphere makers and the way the eastend had taken off that to enjoy this

success further by taking it to wembley, now a ticket plan should have been drafted up to meet all options

and this was not done it was given to ticket master to fob off tickets for priority groups first in

foundation members and season ticket holders first, 2 sodding tickets each and no choice on where to sit,

oh and then it went to free for all where 4 tickets per person was allowed but no choice of seating.

Then after a big moan to the club an extra 2,000 tickets were given to again to more priority groups

after the free for all??? (that should have happened before the free for all)

supporters club & trust members, junior & senior redz plus share holders and

proven new season ticket holders?? after a free for all??? oh and then when they were not all gone a general

sale at the gate 6 sodding tickets each?? now with the palace game ending on the 13th and up to the eve of the final

23rd that in my book is 10 days and with a decent business plans, ticket plans in place they would have over 10 days,

now that is what i'm talking about........It was the biggest balls up ticket wise in the clubs history and left fans

peed off with not being able to mix with the people they have done at ashton gate all season so the atmosphere

suffered becuse of it, ticket master was OUR CUSTOMER and they were poor in the way the tickets were allocated

and decent planning would have prevented this.

:doh::doh: you don't get it do you? :doh::doh:

it was given to ticket master to fob off tickets for priority groups first in foundation members and season ticket holders first, 2 sodding tickets each and no choice on where to sit

People were given no choice because tickets were old en block. This meant that these people were placed together. So why didn't the 'atmosphere/singing' happen?

Why do you and others bang on about just the singing as my original post on this matter was addressing all the other options that other fans on Saturday expressed a veiw on(below).

For anybody to say that either the club or ticketmaster should have had some sorting process for those that wanted to sit+sing, sit+not sing, stand+sing, stand some of the time+sing etc........(you get my drift) is being unrealistic and rediculous in the extreme.

If it was a matter of JUST singing then yes that would be more do-able than the above. ;)

People were given no choice because tickets were old en block. This meant that these people were placed together. So why didn't the 'atmosphere/singing' happen?

Why do you and others bang on about just the singing as my original post on this matter was addressing all the other options that other fans on Saturday expressed a veiw on(below).

If it was a matter of JUST singing then yes that would be more do-able than the above. ;)

ticket master was a balls up full stop and left scattered fans sitting with those they just would no do at the gate

the atmosphere suffered becuse of it, the point is seeing at ashton gate there is designated family areas, signing

area, prem seating areas it determines what you are going to get if you buy a ticket there, now if you were going

to ashton gate with a 6 year old kid would you buy an eastend ticket at the back? no, nor would i buy a ticket in the

family stand and bounce around in the middle of them, wembley is big enough to say look upper / middle tiers

are for family, stato's and general game watch, lower tiers are for swinging your flag, singing, and having a good go

at supporting your team vocally and visually, state on the phone what you want and you get the ticket for it in that area then i would not be sat near some granny doing her knitting and no one would be moaning now.

customer: i want to sit in that block 134 as i'm the paying customer! and i'm the one with the money!!

ticket master: ummm no you'll sit where i tell you to and what i'm saying is available! if you don't like it tough!!

Now that is being unrealistic and rediculous in the extreme.

Cider Head, question for ya:

for these contentious big games where all sorts of fans are mixed in leading to some "interesting" discussions, is it possible for the club to specify an area to be set aside for said singers, or family areas or general areas for those not of any particular persuasion. You have good contacts, and yourself and North Street got the EE re opened for fans. are you able to speak to and arrange anything, because this carry on has been bloody tedious, and has attracted some very strong views either way.

I for one would like to see this issue killed off for once and for all. I have considerable sympathy with you guys, but I understand not everyone is alike, and its bloody pointless this continued antagonism on both sides.

you have contacts on most sides of any discussion. your seen as a voice of reason by most.

whaddaya think? Possibilities? gotta be better than whats gone on so far.

Anyone else got a BALANCED comment to make on this issue? not the same old same old, PUH-LEESE!

Cider Head, question for ya:

for these contentious big games where all sorts of fans are mixed in leading to some "interesting" discussions, is it possible for the club to specify an area to be set aside for said singers, or family areas or general areas for those not of any particular persuasion. You have good contacts, and yourself and North Street got the EE re opened for fans. are you able to speak to and arrange anything, because this carry on has been bloody tedious, and has attracted some very strong views either way.

I for one would like to see this issue killed off for once and for all. I have considerable sympathy with you guys, but I understand not everyone is alike, and its bloody pointless this continued antagonism on both sides.

you have contacts on most sides of any discussion. your seen as a voice of reason by most.

whaddaya think? Possibilities? gotta be better than whats gone on so far.

Anyone else got a BALANCED comment to make on this issue? not the same old same old, PUH-LEESE!

It is possible yes but if planned from the start but which in this case it was not.

It is a subject the supporters trust put to the club and i guess will be on going for any future games

we may ever reach in a big stadium.

Guest MaloneFM

Does anyone recognise the expression 'holier than thou'?

Would you be offended if you went to see the latest Inidana Jones flick at someone behind you kept saying 'these people don't have the dvds and have no idea of the back story involving the lead character-wish they wouldn't come?'

Just wondered....like you do

It is possible yes but if planned from the start but which in this case it was not.

It is a subject the supporters trust put to the club and i guess will be on going for any future games

we may ever reach in a big stadium.

agreed about Wembers, but for the big league games, I don't see why you cant get it sorted. Most of the singers are EE based anyway, and therefore season ticket holders, which means they are interested in creating a good atmosphere only. don't see why you guys cant. good luck with it

Does anyone recognise the expression 'holier than thou'?

Would you be offended if you went to see the latest Inidana Jones flick at someone behind you kept saying 'these people don't have the dvds and have no idea of the back story involving the lead character-wish they wouldn't come?'

Just wondered....like you do

I would be offended if someone came in to the eastend and that one person told every one to sit down and shut

the f-up becuse that one person wanted to watch the game in peace in an area that has been worked on by many

to get a decent atmosphere going, which was hand picked becuse of empty seats for not annoying other fans that do

not want the noise etc, and like wise i would not go in to the family stand jumping up and down swearing,

singing and acting an arse! it's mutal respect for people that want to enjoy a day out their way and sadly it did not

happen at wembley.

Guest MaloneFM

Hello CH old chummy!

It was hand picked by people that wanted to go there and sing. However there was no exclusion regarding anyone else. No one said, or had the right to say 'not here grandad you try the family stand' because there isn't one. It was filled with whoever got the tickets.

Now the East End is renown for naughty lads shouting and waving and all that and good luck to you all. But there is more than a I'm a better supporter than you attitude which would have several people reaching for the heart pills should we have won on saturday.

There would be small boys in Arsenal shirts in the Williams and larger boys in Chelsea shirts in the Dolman and bugger all anyone could do about it as long as they behaved themselves.

Frome Valley, Cider Head - i've been a bit like a dog with a bone that wouldn't let go on this one.(with at touch of wind up thrown in)

so my apologies for that.

My son and i had a great day out on Sat (apart from the result of course). Obviously not everyone had the same experience.

In my veiw there's not much wrong with the Gate. Especially on nights like 2nd leg v palace.

As far as larger venues such as Wembley are concerned there needs to be discussion with the club now to ensure most people have the experience they're looking for next time.

Hello CH old chummy!

It was hand picked by people that wanted to go there and sing. However there was no exclusion regarding anyone else. No one said, or had the right to say 'not here grandad you try the family stand' because there isn't one. It was filled with whoever got the tickets.

Now the East End is renown for naughty lads shouting and waving and all that and good luck to you all. But there is more than a I'm a better supporter than you attitude which would have several people reaching for the heart pills should we have won on saturday.

There would be small boys in Arsenal shirts in the Williams and larger boys in Chelsea shirts in the Dolman and bugger all anyone could do about it as long as they behaved themselves.

thing is it is not about who is the better fan and there should be no exclusion to anyone or any age to singing areas

such as the eastend as long as they know what they are going to get and why they are going there, i have read threads on

here about horns and drums to which people have said ''they better not use them near me or it will end up shoved up their backside'' fine they have that right not to have it near them but so do the right for the horn and drummer player have to play it, the point is giving people areas to nip off to to do their thing, thats all,, and i was left dissapointed that i could not support city my way becuse i don't think where i was sat that people would have not appreshiated the singing, shouting and flag waving around them, and all i wanted was an area at wembley where i wouldn't annoy anyone as much as i was annoyed sat like a statue but i did out of respect, it spoiled wembley for me as much as the result.

Archived