IGNORED

Overseas Pre-season Tour

tin

It that a definate 'no' to any sort of tour on foreign soil then or is anything else in the pipeline?

'we still hope to go away at some point, but it's early days at the moment' says GJ

You want an interesting pre-season tour? ;)

King's Cup 1981 (Bangkok, Thailand)

Played November 9 to 24, 1981.

1.NORTH KOREA ARMY 5 3 2 0 6- 1 8

2.POLONIA WARSZAWA 5 3 1 1 9- 5 7

3.South Korea Army 5 3 0 2 9- 5 6

4.West. Australia 5 2 2 1 6- 3 6

5.Thailand B 5 1 0 4 6-12 2

6.India 5 0 1 4 2-12 1

Third Place Match

24-11 Polonia Warsz. 2-0 August 1st

7th President's Gold Cup 1993

Played January 6-16, at National Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Group A

Polonia Warszawa 1-0 Bangladesh Red

[Jan Karas 62; att: 25,000; aef: Zamil Zakaria (Malaysia)]

Krylya Sovetov 1-1 Polonia

[Roustyam Fahrouddinov 34; Pawel Kowalewski 67; att: 7,600;

ref: S.K. Badruddin (Bangladesh)]

Polonia 6-1 Malaysia U-23

Semifinals

Polonia 2-0 Housing Bank

[Mariusz Sawa 49, Bogdan Tereszerynslu 69; att: 3,400; ref: Zamil

Zakaria (Malaysia)]

Final

FC Petrolul Ploiesti 1-0 Polonia

And seriously: i found some infos about home match against Real Zaragoza. Its great news, cos there is a friendship between Real Zaragoza and Polonia Warsaw ;)

527.jpg

558.jpg

You are welcome over here! My first City game was in Västerås, Sweden in July 79 on a pre-season tour.

Swansea (for the second year) and Norwich are coming over this summer. Reading did at the time Scott played there.

Just read that Rovers are coming over.. :sleeping:

What have we done to deserve this??

Glad they stay 600 km from Stockholm!

:mf_sleep:

Just speculating but City may come over as well? Still room between the 12th and 21st of July. Pete Johnson said on World that he where going to scout the pre U21 European Championship tournament in Sweden that ended yesterday (50 clubs had representatives here). Maybee even had some time to prepare a tour. Just a guess.

GJ is also familiar with Sweden since his playing days (Malmö FF). Maybee he will come back here like he returned to Latvia? Our prem has also restarted after the European Championships.

Ah, sick. I'd be all over that if true.

Where'd you hear this? :source:

I wish I could remember, probably in the Evil Post, so don't take it as gospel. I've had a quick scan around the main site and i can't see it there. I remember thinking at the time there would be a load of people unhappy so I hope it's not true.

The club don't exactly make things easy though for people who do want to follow them abroad, it's almost as if fans are not really wanted, almost discouraged. But I understand once people are there they are welcomed and it's really good.

I wish I could remember, probably in the Evil Post, so don't take it as gospel. I've had a quick scan around the main site and i can't see it there. I remember thinking at the time there would be a load of people unhappy so I hope it's not true.

The club don't exactly make things easy though for people who do want to follow them abroad, it's almost as if fans are not really wanted, almost discouraged. But I understand once people are there they are welcomed and it's really good.

Agreed.

It's another PR c**k up really, the earlier fans know where we are heading to the earlier they can book flights and rooms and save some money. Ridiculous really isn't it, quite ridiculous. Just what is the big secret / deal?

City used to play H & A friendlies against Bristol's twin cities of Hannover and Bordeaux. That could make a pleasant trip for us fans, travel to Germany on Monday, watch City Tuesday, travel to France Wednesday, watch City Thursday and home on Friday.

Agreed.

It's another PR c**k up really, the earlier fans know where we are heading to the earlier they can book flights and rooms and save some money. Ridiculous really isn't it, quite ridiculous. Just what is the big secret / deal?

yes they really should have put all their efforts into a relatively pointless pre season tour and to hell with the play off final, jes.

Agreed.

talk about moaning for the sake of moaning,

it's only been 2 weeks since we have known what league we are in.......

we might not even be going abroad

I can't see it being abroad now (too late, most clubs have been booked up) unless it is just a training camp with a behind closed doors friendly against a local side.

My bet would be a tour of Scotland or..........Devon.

BCAGFC

Then it would be considerate to announce this.

Club announcement, for all our fans who have nothing better to do we May or May not be touring abroad this pre season, however please be advised that even if we don't go abroad our players will return next season just as fit and raring to go. At the moment we are trying to secure friendly matches and as such we may or may not play these games abroad.

Club announcement, for all our fans who have nothing better to do we May or May not be touring abroad this pre season, however please be advised that even if we don't go abroad our players will return next season just as fit and raring to go. At the moment we are trying to secure friendly matches and as such we may or may not play these games abroad.

The darts is sold out, Gary Johnson is in Switzerland, Cardiff are playing Ajax but you lot who enjoyed Riga last year or missed out but want to see City abroad again will have to hold out with that holiday for a bit longer just in case.

City used to play H & A friendlies against Bristol's twin cities of Hannover and Bordeaux. That could make a pleasant trip for us fans, travel to Germany on Monday, watch City Tuesday, travel to France Wednesday, watch City Thursday and home on Friday.

Thank you for the information. Did not know that. Would be great to go there!

Cheers

Tommy

Archived