IGNORED

Song To Sum Up The Year

petehinton

Thought i'd do something different to all the Lita and Co. posts

What song sums up your year

Mine would probably be Rule The World- Take That simply because it was on BBC London after the palace game and listening to it seeing all the city fans on their phones to tell of Nobe's goal was special

Or Paramore-Here We Go Again because it was my ringtone throughout the year :innocent06:

Over you guys !

Mine would probably be Rule The World- Take That simply because it was on BBC London after the palace game and listening to it seeing all the city fans on their phones to tell of Nobe's goal was special

Or Paramore-Here We Go Again because it was my ringtone throughout the year :innocent06:

Over you guys !

Linkin Park - In the end....sad but true..... :crying:

Over you guys !

Is that Matt Monro?

Absolutely, and the chorus fits perfectly....sob....

I tried so hard and got so far

But in the end, it doesn't even matter

I had to fall to lose it all

But in the end it doesn't even matter

It matters. We had a brilliant season full of fun, victories and the best finish for something like 28 years!

You can't win 'em all but you can have a brilliant time trying.

It matters. We had a brilliant season full of fun, victories and the best finish for something like 28 years!

You can't win 'em all but you can have a brilliant time trying.

As McIndoe said mate - you just as well finish 20th as finish 4th if you don't win. We're certainly not complaining, but in the end the fact we finished 4th didnt matter - did it !?

I'll contact Linkin Park and ask them to change the lyrics for you for the benefit of this thread if you'd like ?

As McIndoe said mate - you just as well finish 20th as finish 4th if you don't win. We're certainly not complaining, but in the end the fact we finished 4th didnt matter - did it !?

I'll contact Linkin Park and ask them to change the lyrics for you for the benefit of this thread if you'd like ?

It certainly did matter, it gained the club extra revenue from Wembley and extra tv games due to our high position, it has made us a more attractive club to potential signings, it has created a feel good factor around the club. If we had finished 20th we would be in a lot worse position than we are now in my opinion.

It certainly did matter, it gained the club extra revenue from Wembley and extra tv games due to our high position, it has made us a more attractive club to potential signings, it has created a feel good factor around the club. If we had finished 20th we would be in a lot worse position than we are now in my opinion.

Dreadfully sorry Tom, should I retract my song suggestion and think of another ? Think the thread is being taken the incy wincy bit toooo seriously. We all know what a wonderful season we had and how its enhanced our club no end.

I'll try and think of another you can slate.... :violin:

Dreadfully sorry Tom, should I retract my song suggestion and think of another ? Think the thread is being taken the incy wincy bit toooo seriously. We all know what a wonderful season we had and how its enhanced our club no end.

I'll try and think of another you can slate.... :violin:

OK try this one - Turn Turn Turn by the Byrds.....

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

There is a season (turn, turn, turn)

And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to kill, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up,a time to break down

A time to dance, a time to mourn

A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate

A time of war, a time of peace

A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew

A time to love, a time to hate

A time for peace, I swear its not too late

Sorry if any words are slightly out of context for you purists out there, but I think a lot of the words fit well in place....!!!

and it was a lot more fun doing it!

Archived