IGNORED

Blackburn Vacancy

Prague Red

Looks like there will soon be a vacancy coming up at Ewood Park. Am I being unnecessarily worried in thinking that would be just the sort of club that may come after GJ?

Solid, well run, established Premier League team with money to spend not overly high expectations and no meglomanic foreign owner to interfere. If they came calling for GJ then we could be in trouble.

Or I could just be paranoid????

Looks like there will soon be a vacancy coming up at Ewood Park. Am I being unnecessarily worried in thinking that would be just the sort of club that may come after GJ?

Solid, well run, established Premier League team with money to spend not overly high expectations and no meglomanic foreign owner to interfere. If they came calling for GJ then we could be in trouble.

Or I could just be paranoid????

That didn't take long.

Someone was bound to link Johnson with the Blackburn job even though he's publically stated his loyalty to City.

Think you are being paranoid mate.

They would never take a risk on someone like Johnson and I don't think Sparkie will be going anywhere until the Man Utd job comes up. If he accepts Chelsea or Man City he can kiss the Man Utd job away.

That didn't take long.

Someone was bound to link Johnson with the Blackburn job even though he's publically stated his loyalty to City.

In the end money talks LOUDEST everyone is for sale, if the price is right.

But opening this up - GJ is very ambitious and lets face a bloody good manager. So he's going to want to manage in the Premier League.

5 options to do this:

1) with us after our promotion as champions in 2009 (hopefully)

2) with a top end Premier League team - not going to happen as they will never take a gamble on a lower league manager when they've got the pick of world management to choose from

3) mid-table Premier League team - not too many of those around but your Blackburn, West Ham, Portsmouth kind of clubs who are relatively secure and may take a chance

4) bottom end Premier League team - tend not to gamble on lower league managers as they need a quick proven fix (or so they think) to get them out of trouble. Also risky for GJ as he may end up back in the Championship with a relegation on his CV or out of work

5) "Bigger" championship team - by bigger I mean one with more money and more potential than us. Controversial so I'm not going to name any names.

GJ is an excellent manager. He ambitious. He wants to manage in the Premier League. He either takes us there or jumps ship. If he's going to jump ship then he'll do it now as his reputation is at a high point.

Paranoid yes? But not without cause.

Point being that your most likely scenario happens to have teams with less potential than ourselves - do you think we don't have more potential than Blackburn Portsmouth and arguably West Ham - I think the potential is huge - in the Wembley programme GJ said that Graham Taylor told him that his best chance of being a Premier League manager was to take a team there.

If you want to take GJ's ambitions to the Nth degree - and I happen to think he is more than capable of doing the job i.e. England Manager then what better qualifications of building a club from a low base to it's highest potential - the highest potential being challenging for europe - now take Portsmouth, West Ham and Blackburn they have all reached their potential they cant get in the champions league and any manager taking over their will be equalling and not surpassing their maximum potential i.e. european football whereas taking City to european football would be a huge huge achievement in the eyes of 99% of the footballing wall due to their ignorance of our potential.

GJ stays as those clubs have peaked at their maximum potential under current footballing environment in the past 10 years and City will get much more recognition for his success with us if he gets anywhere near our potential.

Also GJ is only 52 years old and quite frankly he could stay with us for the next 3 seasons without having to worry about not meeting his personal ambitions as he can still meet those after the age of 55 if he doesnt with City.

You are joking?

Blackburn finished 7th in the Premier League - average attendance - 23944.

Big club / Small club can be discussed in various ways but before Jack Walker they were nowhere ala Fulham under Mohammed Al Fahed - If Mark Hughes moves on then Blackburn may find themselves in the same scenario of Coventry and Southampton - clubs who were in the top flight for decades.

Blackburn finished 7th in the Premier League - average attendance - 23944.

Big club / Small club can be discussed in various ways but before Jack Walker they were nowhere ala Fulham under Mohammed Al Fahed - If Mark Hughes moves on then Blackburn may find themselves in the same scenario of Coventry and Southampton - clubs who were in the top flight for decades.

They're massive compared to us right now. Premier League Champions, able to attract decent players ect.

History doesn't count for much, unless you have a real pedigree like the G14 members (Although some more than others)

Big sam will be the new Blackburn manager....

FACT

Was just going to say he's a shoe in if Hughes stupidly decides to go to Man City. Apparently he wants out because the Blackburn board accepted an £8.5m bid for Bentley from Liverpool against his wishes.

This is a comment I found on Sky Sports from a Liverpool fan, about the proposed appointment of Allardyce:

I think Rover's fans are looking at the wrong man. Hughes will certainly leave, but I wouldn't choose Big Sam at all as my next manager, or Sven, Steve Mac as manager of any club is just hilarious, who next McCleish? Brian Robson? That idiot at Wolves? The best man I would go for is the man I'd choose for the next England manager - Gary Johnson - at Bristol City - he's by far the best English manager, his incredible record speaks for itself. As a Liverpool fan I'd sack Benitez tomorrow and install Gary Johnson as Liverpool manager right away, but then he's not a big name so no-one is taking much notice of him are they? It's always the big name that gets the the big job, but Gary Johnson is clearly a brilliant manager and deserves to be in a top job.

This is a comment I found on Sky Sports from a Liverpool fan, about the proposed appointment of Allardyce:

I think Rover's fans are looking at the wrong man. Hughes will certainly leave, but I wouldn't choose Big Sam at all as my next manager, or Sven, Steve Mac as manager of any club is just hilarious, who next McCleish? Brian Robson? That idiot at Wolves? The best man I would go for is the man I'd choose for the next England manager - Gary Johnson - at Bristol City - he's by far the best English manager, his incredible record speaks for itself. As a Liverpool fan I'd sack Benitez tomorrow and install Gary Johnson as Liverpool manager right away, but then he's not a big name so no-one is taking much notice of him are they? It's always the big name that gets the the big job, but Gary Johnson is clearly a brilliant manager and deserves to be in a top job.

The good thing is that comments like this seem to be pretty rare, if a 'lower league' manager is touted for a prem job at the moment it seems to be Paul Ince.

So he's gone there then

I agree that GJ is unlikely to go to Blackburn and their potential has been reached. The best they could ever hope for is 4th spot and a place in the Champions League as the top four have it pretty much sown up.

Without Jack Walker they would have been just like us - a small club with potential to do better.

Gary Johnson would only go to a club where he feels he can make his mark and take the club foreward.

Look at the Premier League table and ask yourself if that's feasible at Blackburn.

Yes. The man can turn water into wine as far as I'm concerned.

Look at what he has done for us

Was just going to say he's a shoe in if Hughes stupidly decides to go to Man City. Apparently he wants out because the Blackburn board accepted an £8.5m bid for Bentley from Liverpool against his wishes.

I think it's more to do with Man City trebbling Sparky's wages wages.

By taking the Man City job i think he can forget the Man Ure job now!

Archived