IGNORED

Money Or Loyalty

citytop22

I see that Ronaldo has now expressed his desire to join Real Madrid (£300,000 a week) Man Utd fans on their forum seem as one to say bye bye

How would us city fans feel if say Elliot, McIndoe, Fontaine etc decided to take the money and make a move?

I don't know how you would feel, but, personally I wouldn't be massively concerned.

I have seen hundreds of players come and go over the years and new ones have come along that have quickly made me forget, albeit, there are always a few you wish never went.

Certainly if they are going to a bigger club (e.g. a Prem club), then, in general I would say good luck to them. They have to provide a future for their families; the truth is, money really helps in that respect. Not forgetting that so few players get to play at the top level of the game so it must be a hard opportunity to pass up.

Loyalty in football is, in the main, something for the fans !

That's £300k AFTER tax aswell!

It's also entirely fictional, produced by a brazillian reporter working for a media company owned by one of Real's main sponsors.

Ferguson said last week he's going nowhere and the Glazers will sit him in the stands rather than sell him to make a point and I've no reason not to believe that. They don't need the money and they couldn't use it to replace him.

Ronaldo is far better suited to the Spanish game.

No brutish defenders will try to hack him down as they do in the Premier League. He'll get the correct protection from the awe struck referee's and all the fans will love him. Plus £300k a week.

What more could a young bloke want?

A personality perhaps? :noexpression:

I see that Ronaldo has now expressed his desire to join Real Madrid (£300,000 a week) Man Utd fans on their forum seem as one to say bye bye

How would us city fans feel if say Elliot, McIndoe, Fontaine etc decided to take the money and make a move?

As other posts have said, we'd get over it. If they've always had a desire to play for a specific team and that opportunity arises then I'm sure most players would make the move. As fans though wouldn't we want players that are 100% for City... not playing week-in week-out with their minds on another team?

Oh and a final point.... Is is just me or do others find it a tad annoying when people start threads asking questions but don't offer their own opinions on the matter? :disapointed2se:

Money will win in the end.

If , and its a big if, Real are offering £300k net per week who could seriously blame Ronaldo and the suggested fee again at £75m must be good business for Man Utd.

From what i heard this morning on the radio it sounds like Ronaldo is calling Reals bluff. Apparently he has said he will move IF Real agree the £300k and £75m which many pundits think is just paper talk and the report suggested that reporters in Portugal expect him to be at Man Utd next season.

As for our players if any were offered the chance to play in the Prem next season and better themselves i for 1 would say good luck to you. there is no loyalty in football the clubs will sack managers, release players when they want so you cannot expect managers or players to turn down an opportunity to better themselves.

I'd also ask people on here, would you leave your job (where your company has invested time and money into your development) to work for a bigger company in a better paid role?

9/10 - the answer is a definate yes.

Why is it any different with footballers? The life of a footballer is a short and volatile one, players come and go all the time and as already mentioned I'm sad to see good ones go but I never begrudge them for wanting to better themselves and earn as much money as possible in the 15 or so years they play for.

(but having said that, 300.000 a week is a joke and should never be allowed, its ridiculous money)

I'd like to see United stick to their guns on this one: make Ronaldo rot in the reserves rather than give in to Real's underhanded dealings in this regard.

As for City players in a similar, but lower level, scenario: I'd not begrudge anyone leaving the club to better himself or earn more money: as someone else pointed out, players come and go, it is how it is. But, I would have no time for a player who, whilst contracted to City, was quoted as saying "I want to play for XYZ FC".

He will be at ManU for a couple more seasons, why would he want to move to Spain? ManU can match Real Madrid in every department and even better them, Madrid are nothing compaired to ManU imo.

Ronaldo has never said he wants to be transfered either, thats spanish media bs, hes under contract for 3 more season? and will join Madrid when hell freezes over i think.

on the money side of things, the guy is possibly the best footballer in the world so is worth every penny for the enjoyment and entertainment he brings to the game but as for this blatant disrespect for his legally binding contract of employment/services there surely is a massive opportunity for Man Utd, being one of the biggest clubs in the world, to make sure this contract is held up?! I appreciate he'll want to play for Real at some point in his career but he's young and has 3 years left on his contract to make his value increase - its in his hands surely. United fans will presumably be booing him from here on in after he has once again had his integrity brought into question. Perhaps there is a possibility of him bying his contract out but then how do oyu put a price on the potential lost revenues of him not being in the team for teh next 3 years - tough one.

One last thing, what is with his Mum getting involved every time?!? Surely a quick chat over the sunday roast along the lines of "Mum can you just concentrate on Richard and Judy and keep your nose out of my career - you're really not making this any easier for me?"

Archived