IGNORED

This Might Make You Laugh

matt0755

Funny how the ones who winge about casual support are the ones that feel the most need to highlight how loyal they (now) are.

whats that suppose to mean? i've also supported city my whole life... I was born in 1984.

It goes to show we are moving in the right direction...splendid! The more the merrier.

I agree.

I was In Taunton the weekend wearing my Bristol City shirt and random person @ Asda said "ive just bought my Bristol city shirt like yours of ebay"

he then said he did not know where ashton gate was (when i asked him has he been to any games this season) (he said NO) and how to even get a season ticket me and my uncle walked away and thought ok then!

mmm

and he claims he is a Bristol city fan mmm :noexpression:

We've all got to start some where mate. More the merrier eh!

BTW- I didn't laugh. I'm not keen on people like you who think their better than the next man because they've been going longer or can attend more games.

I was In Taunton the weekend wearing my Bristol City shirt and random person @ Asda said "ive just bought my Bristol city shirt like yours of ebay"

he then said he did not know where ashton gate was (when i asked him has he been to any games this season) (he said NO) and how to even get a season ticket me and my uncle walked away and thought ok then!

mmm

What were you doing in Asda in the first place you cheapscape ? should have shopped in Waitrose :disapointed2se:

how did you get that from what i said? whats age got to do with it? having new fans is a must, but a precentage of new fans that are supporting the club at this moment in time, will only support us when were doing well - that aint support! is it?

make sense yourself before telling me to grow up! ####

Well that is inevitable and what comes with success. This reality has been around since long before the offside rule or stupid 80's footballers haircuts, and there is nothing you can do about it.

And how do you define 'support' anyway? Its not all about singing all game in the East End and the cold tuesday night games away at Doncaster or Carlise in November. There are levels of support and following, and neither is right or wrong. Even if they come as coporate guests to a big home game, as long as they pay, it shouldn't matter.

We currently have 15, 000 or so average, which has gone up since we went up but I'm not hearing any complaints about that? Where have those extra 5000 come from? Or would you rather be back at our 10,000 average gates of a few seasons back? No I don't think so because then we wouldn't be in for those players we hope to buy.

City has an inherant problem at the moment, we simply do not have as many fans as we should be getting, and we need to address it. Look at Forest, Derby, Leicester, all with 20, 000+ gates. We have a city capable of getting that many people to a game, and if that means some fair weather supporters then that is inevitable. Look how many we took to Wembley, mainly those who fancied a day trip...yes we all took our mates who don't normally support, or girlfriends/wifes/kids etc.

Guest Garfunkle
Well that is inevitable and what comes with success. This reality has been around since long before the offside rule or stupid 80's footballers haircuts, and there is nothing you can do about it.

And how do you define 'support' anyway? Its not all about singing all game in the East End and the cold tuesday night games away at Doncaster or Carlise in November. There are levels of support and following, and neither is right or wrong. Even if they come as coporate guests to a big home game, as long as they pay, it shouldn't matter.

We currently have 15, 000 or so average, which has gone up since we went up but I'm not hearing any complaints about that? Where have those extra 5000 come from? Or would you rather be back at our 10,000 average gates of a few seasons back? No I don't think so because then we wouldn't be in for those players we hope to buy.

City has an inherant problem at the moment, we simply do not have as many fans as we should be getting, and we need to address it. Look at Forest, Derby, Leicester, all with 20, 000+ gates. We have a city capable of getting that many people to a game, and if that means some fair weather supporters then that is inevitable. Look how many we took to Wembley, mainly those who fancied a day trip...yes we all took our mates who don't normally support, or girlfriends/wifes/kids etc.

he did say earlier he would rather we had 12000 average crowd like last year in league one rather than 15000

he did say earlier he would rather we had 12000 average crowd like last year in league one rather than 15000

I mis-read i think. I meant we should have had 12000 average in league one :wacko: i should read things properly!

We've all got to start some where mate. More the merrier eh!

Bang on!

This weekend, I went to the end of season presentation night for Clevedon United, featuring age groups from under 6 through to under 16. Most of the kids were wearing football colours. What stood out to me was how few Premier League club shirts were on display. For years now, Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal shirts have been so in vogue. I would say that 80% were City, none were Rovers.

Would anyone like to suggest I should approach these glory hunting, bandwagon jumping, local team following hoodlums and ask them to toddle off back to the supporting random Premier League teams? No, not a good idea that is it......

f### that. If people have other commitments thats fine - like you say, peoples lives do not revolve around city etc etc. But the rest of what you say is complete bollox. Its the reason why football is how it is today - kids wearing Man U, Chelski or other prem shirts.

The bigger picture is that is DOES damage the club, if all these prem supporting people who are from bristol supported city or rovers, then both clubs would be bigger and who knows, might have a Premier League club in bristol.

You looking at it short term. I'm looking at it long term - at the end of the day, I want city to be sucessful, but if we did go up and did well in the Premier League, i expect there would be a lot of life long city fans missing out, because of glory-hunting b-stards. Why should life-long city fans miss the chance of seeing there club in the top flight?? - most of whom have been probabaly waiting there whole life (some to see again, and some for the first time) and never really expected them to ever get there?!

Oh god this is getting depressing now.... I take my hats off to the Glory Hunters

Rather they Glory Hunt Bristol City FC than any other club

I'm not from Bristol.......Never have been.....but if you wish to know more I'm more than happy to tell you

I'm a life long Bristol City supporter........ and it's possible that I have been for longer than you?

All this talk about Glory Hunters and people stealing places at games from 'Real Fans' is a total load of old b***ocks

I for one am sick and tired of it........ mate

I like many others will support City till the end...... but I'll do it in my own way as will many others.

I'm a F##king Glory Hunter......... yeah right.......... and like I said Hats off to em...... the bigger or more the better!

Oh god this is getting depressing now.... I take my hats off to the Glory Hunters

Rather they Glory Hunt Bristol City FC than any other club

I'm not from Bristol.......Never have been.....but if you wish to know more I'm more than happy to tell you

I'm a life long Bristol City supporter........ and it's possible that I have been for longer than you?

All this talk about Glory Hunters and people stealing places at games from 'Real Fans' is a total load of old b***ocks

I for one am sick and tired of it........ mate

I like many others will support City till the end...... but I'll do it in my own way as will many others.

I'm a F##king Glory Hunter......... yeah right.......... and like I said Hats off to em...... the bigger or more the better!

we'll see how you feel, if & when we go up and thousands of new supporters are watching your team play and your not? unless your a st holder, and you'll be ok. I knew people who had watched city all season and never got to see them at wembley?? fair?

Its not about being a better fan. its about loyalty - would this new 'supporter' be buying the shirt if we were in league one?? will he be a supporter still IF we got a couple of relegations and were playing in league two??

If these new 'supporters' end up supporting us through thick and thin then they are VERY welcome. But I suspect the majority of therse new supporters will not and p1ss me off because the just like man utd fans - GLORY HUNTERS

WHAT GLORY??????????????????

WHAT GLORY??????????????????

EXACTLY-well said trumpton

This weekend, I went to the end of season presentation night for Clevedon United, featuring age groups from under 6 through to under 16. Most of the kids were wearing football colours. What stood out to me was how few Premier League club shirts were on display. For years now, Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal shirts have been so in vogue. I would say that 80% were City, none were Rovers.

Why wern't the little fockers wearing their Clevedon Utd shirts?????

we'll see how you feel, if & when we go up and thousands of new supporters are watching your team play and your not? unless your a st holder, and you'll be ok. I knew people who had watched city all season and never got to see them at wembley?? fair?

As for Wembley, the ticketmaster was a bit of a c**k up, but tickets were freely available so that aint a valid argument. There were tickets available up to kick off from the gate, or like some of my mates people could easily have bought them on here (at face value). Wembley finals whether it Man U or Torquay are attended by a broad cross section of fans, diehards, friends of diehards, families with a hamper etc etc.

As for the size of the gate, people will able to get tickets. If its a struggle for the non-season ticket holder, then please hold on for a few more seasons (or people can guarentee attendance by purchasing a season ticket if they are so desperate to go). Heck, there are even away games for the most hardcore of support like you!

For bloody years this club has been on its uppers, scraping around 10k fans per week playing in tin pot leagues. You didnt choose when you were born, but I wonder if your views would be different if you also endured the worrying times in the 80s, slipping from the top to the bottom in consecutive years, crap hoofball in the basement and the perenial agony that all brought. Sorry, but when I hear about some random kid wearing a city top in Yeovile I think its a splendid thing....we have a growing fanbase (and revenue).

For the first time I can remember we are starting to live up to our sleeping giants tag that everybody has been craving for what seems like ever, and we now have people like you moaning about the fact we have a growing fanbase!!!! Grrrr to the max! With success comes floating support, so what!

It aint a contest. If anybody who lives in the West or otherwise wants to wear a city shirt with pride whether he goes to games or not should be aplauded as a fellow fan, not vilified by small minority.

Right, where's the horlicks!

Could this be the narrow minded "you ain't from round here boy" mentality that has held this club back for so many years? Classic half empty vs half full argument that I'm sure the original poster and Riaz, after hearing some of the well put together responses, are probably coming round to the new breed of thinking. To think that we have a club that can compete in the playgrounds of the West with the shirts of the Premier League fills me with pride and shows just how SL and the entire club (fans included) are moving forward. I've been to Torquay on a Tuesday night and it wasn't all that!

This mentality is like someone who discovered say the Arctic Monkeys when they were unknown then resents it when everybody else finds out about them and accuses the band of selling out. Do we want the club to be the equivalent of an obscure band with a cult following?

This mentality is like someone who discovered say the Arctic Monkeys when they were unknown then resents it when everybody else finds out about them and accuses the band of selling out. Do we want the club to be the equivalent of an obscure band with a cult following?

That's a good analogy. In the hearts of some who have been there throughout the rocky road of the last god-knows how many seasons, the answer is probably, in all truthfulness, 'Yes', because they feel that the 'johnny-come-lately' types don't really 'get it' - and will disappear again when things get a bit tougher (as they inevitably will in the long run).

Just like with the band scenario, each supporter has just got to do their own thing - sit, stand, sing, don't sing, wear the shirt, don't wear the shirt, whatever.. What's the worst that can happen by welcoming new fans? Those who have trodden the long and painful path should rejoice - there's a whole new set of people to regale with tales of cold, wet nights in far flung corners of east anglia etc, and to educate to the ways of being a city fan.

As far as I can tell, the only downsides are a). more people sat behind, in front, or next to you talking boll*x out of ignorance (see above re rejoicing!), b). its going to be more difficult to POTD for those who are only able to get to occassional games ****il the new non-bowl opens). I have sympathy with those caught by the second of these - but then how many successful clubs (or gigs by decent bands for that matter) would you expect to be able to watch on a spur of the moment decision?

Spot on

But I would suggest the ones who have troden the long path of dispair arent the ones who are moaning about the new fans we are attracting

back in 82 when our beloved club nearly went to the wall ,after one of the worst weeks of my life ,i and just over 8000 fans watched a 0-0 draw against fulham at home. If somebody had told me at the time that we would have people whinging about glory hunting wannabees i would have laughed myself to sleep. my point is that regardless of how these newbies have found our beloved club we should embrace them

because i never want to see those dark days again

mmm

isnt that a good thing new fans etc ...get a life geeze

Its not about being a better fan. its about loyalty - would this new 'supporter' be buying the shirt if we were in league one?? will he be a supporter still IF we got a couple of relegations and were playing in league two??

If these new 'supporters' end up supporting us through thick and thin then they are VERY welcome. But I suspect the majority of therse new supporters will not and p1ss me off because the just like man utd fans - GLORY HUNTERS

so you don't want the club to take there money then and you wouldnt swap places with man utd? if no yur a ###### liar.

so you don't want the club to take there money then and you wouldnt swap places with man utd? if no yur a ###### liar.

NEVER NEVER NEVER. If we were like man utd, the majority of the fans would NOT be bristolian and it would be impossible to get to see city play!

NEVER NEVER NEVER. If we were like man utd, the majority of the fans would NOT be bristolian and it would be impossible to get to see city play!

If I had a choice of A) city winning the the prem but me not getting to see any games because of sell outs.... or.....B) being able to watch city as I do right now in the championship.... then I'ld pick A without a doubt.

Your mates could of got tickets if they really wanted to go. 500 were still left.

I'm here to support the club and help it grow, and if that means more fans with less of a chance to get tickets, so be it.

I always manage to somehow get a ticket anyway, I don't really know what your problem is.

I always manage to somehow get a ticket anyway, I don't really know what your problem is.

Personnally, if season tickets the same prices as man utd's theres no way i could even think about getting one - and thats the only you could guarantee watching city. Of course i would love city to win the league. But i would hate it if the club became a brand/corporation..... basically lost its soul.

And for record, i do want more city fans of course - it just pisses me off people now supporting city, but in the past have said that city are sh!t - It really gets on my tits!

Archived