IGNORED

New Song

tin

This is just a bit of fun as I'm extremely bored at work so I'm trying to come up with some new songs to bring with me for my first season in the EE next year. Whether they take off or not is up to you but I think this one has the makings of a classic.

I've near enough got all the lyrics sorted but am after one City related player, coaching staff, board member whoever that rhyme's with 'beach' to complete it?

I can't think of anything asides from 'Gooch' as in Archie Gooch but it's nothing like 'beach' and have hit a mental block.

Any ideas?

Did we ever have someone associated with the club called Leach or something like that... :dunno:

Theres actually a few players at City who don't even have a song so you should think of some for them like McIndoe and Carle.... although there not the easiest names to rhyme or play with I know!!

McIndoe's name is already in the song.

As in Archie Leitch? I thought he was a Pompey fan for some reason?

I heard Marina Dolman say that one time they were going into the Grandstand from the car park one night match with Cary Grant and a group of lads from the East End charged over.

She was worried they were going to mob Cary Grant but they ignored him and just wanted to speak to Harry Dolman and get his autograph. :city:

Adriano Basso's amazing reach?

That could work quite nicely actually, yeah.

I've already given him a mention but referred to Adriano instead of Basso so don't see the harm in that.

What have you got for the song so far?

And we do need a song about Nick Carle because he's quality! :D:city:

It ain't about Nick Carle and I couldn't work his name into the song.

I'll post it before I go out later for some opinions.

Rhymes with beach! Makings of a classic!..

I've got a feeling it wont be heard echoing round the gate. :sub:

That was one line you numpty, not the whole song!

I've only just found out that 'Woodsy26' posted the same thing one here the other day but I ain't been on for a few days due to lack of activity so it must've slipped my net. Suffice to say, we must've read the same article cos I've adapted this.

So here goes nothing...

To the tune of this

We've got the East End, Dolman Stand, Williams and Atyeo,

Keogh, McIndoe, Adriano in the goal,

Steve L, PJ backing Gary all the way,

A chant that gives the lads a push When it's bellowed by a mush

Mush mush mush mush mush mush mush

No brand new stands, just Basso's reach

No golden sands, just Weston beach

Red and White, through and through

East End noise that makes you swoon

God bless BS3,

Viva BS3,

Long live BS3,

C'est Magnifique BS3,

Magnifique BS3

Feeling slightly embarrased and deflated now, Tin. :(

Not sure if Keogh will be around long enough to merit a mention. And if it's any consolation I worked out the tune just by reading it, I didn't have to click on the example. Good work Del Boy!!! :D

I've only just found out that 'Woodsy26' posted the same thing one here the other day but I ain't been on for a few days due to lack of activity so it must've slipped my net. Suffice to say, we must've read the same article cos I've adapted this.

So here goes nothing...

To the tune of this

God bless BS3,

Viva BS3,

Long live BS3,

C'est Magnifique BS3,

Magnifique BS3

Love it mate! Was hoping someone would do a City version.

Bit of tweaking needed with players coming in and out, but it might just work!

So here goes nothing...

To the tune of this

God bless BS3,

Viva BS3,

Long live BS3,

C'est Magnifique BS3,

Magnifique BS3

I stick with my previous post, Absolutely no chance of hearing the gate chanting it.

Give up the song writing and get back down the market- You 24 Karat PLONKER! :doh:

This is just a bit of fun as I'm extremely bored at work so I'm trying to come up with some new songs to bring with me for my first season in the EE next year. Whether they take off or not is up to you but I think this one has the makings of a classic.

I've near enough got all the lyrics sorted but am after one City related player, coaching staff, board member whoever that rhyme's with 'beach' to complete it?

I can't think of anything asides from 'Gooch' as in Archie Gooch but it's nothing like 'beach' and have hit a mental block.

Any ideas?

If your a gashead then i'll have to teach.

Any ideas?

Pint of Screech?

Archived