IGNORED

Goal Of The Season,

Sargent Pepper

To get away from all the transfer talk how about our very own goal of the season competition. I have whittled the list down to these 10. I had a short list of about 16 so apologies if your fave is not on this list! It was a tough choice.

Please vote by replying with the letter of your favorite goal, and obviously why it stood out for you. I will leave this running for a few days and then attempt to notify the player with the most votes for his goal. Please only vote once. Ok the top 10 goals of the season are:

A: SCOTT MURRAY vs QPR HOME AUG. picked up the ball in midfield before unleashing a stunning effort into top corner.

B: LEE TRUNDLE vs S****HORPE HOME AUG, the 2nd goal where he out muscled the defender then clipped it sublimly into far corner.

C: BRIAN WILSON vs SHEFF WEDS AWAY SEPT, jono played a ball into trunds feet who held it up then set it for wilo to smash in left footed from 25 yards

D: MICHEAL McINDOE vs NORWICH AWAY OCT, a good ball down the right to sproule who turned his full back inside out then done him for pace and crossing a perfect ball for macca to head into the net leaving the keeper no chance.

E: IVAN SPROULE vs SOUTHAMPTON HOME OCT, picked the ball up in his own half ran the saints defence before cutting in and finishing brilliantly on his left foot.

F: MARVIN ELLIOT vs STOKE HOME OCT, picked the ball up in midfield before striking the ball past stoke keeper from 25 yards while slipping.

G: JAIME McCOMBE vs HULL HOME FEB, superb over head kick to win the game.

H: DAVID NOBLE vs PRESTON HOME MAY, fantastic freekick bent into the far corner from 25 yards out.

I: LOUIS CAREY vs PALACE AWAY MAY, amazing weasel freekick which had sky pundits remarking it was a finish of a top striker.

J: DAVID NOBLE vs PALACE AWAY MAY, brave play by nick carle who fed the ball into nobes path before rocketting a shot that flew past speroni and sparked one of the best goal celebrations ever.

Vote below, thanks

E) for the simple fact that the guy next to us was in mid rant at Ivan as he was aving a pretty awful game... cue ivan taking on the entire soton defence and slotting it home. the guy responded by saying, "i never said he couldnt shoot justhis crossing is awful" classic

surely the last imnute equaliser agaist palace in the league should be in there

J: Noble's goal at Palace. Given what was at stake in such a big game that was unbelievable. Think that created the 'most mental celebrations in the stand' award as well. We went nuts when that flew in!

Sproule's effort against Saints and Elliott's effort against Stoke come second and third for me. Didn't realise we were so spoiled last season.

Sproule v Soton for me. Noble's was much bigger in terms of the game, but if we didn't beat teams like Soton we would not have been in the play offs. Ivan had an indifferent season, but I believe scored our best individual goal, as he collected that ball just inside our half, used skill and pace to beat a lot of players and then slotted it- superb!

For the quality of the goal has to Ivans against southampton. But the timing of the goal I will never ever get over Nobles goal my watch never will either as I jumped for joy and my watch went for a flying lesson never to be returned. I was on football tour at weston super mare at the time maybe thats why it was never returned.

err........once again, pick from the 10 selected and make sure you make clear which letter (A<B<C<D etc) is your top choice!

David Nobles goal away against Crystal Palace for me, again.

That's letter J, I repeat letter J..err, is that clear enough?

ps Letter J.

Archived