IGNORED

Let Down By Bristol City!

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

I think 'let down' is abit harsh fella this long before the season starts but I can see where you are coming from.

Thing is, we are still classed as a small club by alot of people and its going to be a hard job getting big name players to join us. We are all desperate for a quality goal scorer to be brought in, but at what cost? Do we really want some big time charlie coming in and upsetting everyone, or do we trust GJ to find us someone special that no one else has thought of that will keep us in our budget? I will trust him, he knows what he needs to do to improve the team, and I would be very surprised if top of his transfer target list is not a goal scorer.

Have we got a a few quid tucked away? Not sure we have really, maybe a couple more seasons in this division and the books may balance abit better. We cant rely on Mr Lansdown to keep throwing his money at the club.

GJ didnt do too bad last January did he? Carle and Adebola came in and neither let us down. Carle may have gone now but that could be for a variety of reasons, and until the story comes out noboby really knows what went on there. Maybe he didnt like it here and wanted to go???

I am hoping no one comes in for any of our other big players, and I don't think GJ would let any of them go without a fight...

I am not going to judge Williams until I have seen him play, but GJ obviously rates him and thinks he can do a good job for us. Give the guy a chance to prove himself before you start slating him.

Anyway, long time until the season starts and lots of time for transfers if we need to bring others in.

Wouldnt mind us getting Phillips though!! :innocent06:

Frankly I don't care if nobody else comes in. lets give enormous credit to the lads that finished 4th in the league last season. 4th.. unbelievable to most people. I would take 4th again frankly.

bringing players in does not guarantee success.. look at Wolves and Charlton. The moaners last season when they were buying so many players. Well look what happened to their respective seasons.

Best gaffer we have had in a generation and all some of you lot can do is moan. Keep this up and he'll think,.. sod this, no pleasing some people, I'm off.

What a bunch of moaners. change the needle.

Frankly I don't care if nobody else comes in. lets give enormous credit to the lads that finished 4th in the league last season. 4th.. unbelievable to most people. I would take 4th again frankly.

bringing players in does not guarantee success.. look at Wolves and Charlton. The moaners last season when they were buying so many players. Well look what happened to their respective seasons.

Best gaffer we have had in a generation and all some of you lot can do is moan. Keep this up and he'll think,.. sod this, no pleasing some people, I'm off.

What a bunch of moaners. change the needle.

Good post. Didnt you know though that we are a massive club and should be in the Premier League by right?? Well, if you listened to some of the posters on here anyway.. :disapointed2se:

In Johnson (and Lansdown) we trust. Let them decide who we bring in and how much to spend.

Before people moan too much about what players we have got / bought / sold and how the club is progressing, just think back a couple of seasons and remember where we were then - bad times. :(

Fantastic season just gone, and another cracker will soon be on us - Good times!!!! :dance: Reason for that? GARY JOHNSON.

:city:

havanatopia, I know what your saying about the players who got us 4th last season. Fair play to them - Great season.

But, last season was an exceptional championship season with every team getting results and points that they wouldn't have normally expected. This is widely acknowledged.

We have released our top scoring striker, and arguably, our best player is off to Palarse. With this in mind, do you think we would be in a position to seriously challenge for a play off place next season if no other signings are made?

We have released our top scoring striker, and arguably, our best player is off to Palarse. With this in mind, do you think we would be in a position to seriously challenge for a play off place next season if no other signings are made?

That's one hell of an argument to say that Carle was our best player. 20 games, 0 goals, 2 assists (but they were hardly killer passes) and he didn't manage a full 90 very often. Stats don't back up your argument at all and I'm sure Basso, Carey, McIndoe, Elliot, Orr and a few others would take you up on the challenge!!

Whilst I think you need to calm down and get not get so hysterical, I think you make a good point here.

I've always believed that GJ has trouble managing any sort of ego, especially when it comes to forwards. That's obviously a good thing as it can divide a dressing room but we need to bring in some serious pedigree if we're to compete in this division as we did last season IMHO.

Sadly we live in an era where most strikers of any repute bring a bit of an ego with them but most get by with faith being put in them by their manager. After trying 30+ strikers in GJ's tenure we really need to get one worth sticking with this time round.

Signings will come and they will cause debate, most definately with the strikers. Just be patient and pray that we get one(s) we're all happy with. If we don't, I also reckon it could be a hard slog next term. :tomato:

There is a general problem here that fans are caught up in a celebrity culture & only believe a player is worth having if previously famous & therefore expensive. That is tosh & nor does that make them bigger personailities or, per se, temperamental.

A good manager/chairman is one that buys good players cheaply, not one that buys at the top of the market. Many of our best players cost peanuts. Nick Carle won't be a better player tomorrow when his latest price tag is applied, nor is Haisselbank worth having because he cost millions years ago.

It wouldn't be the forum if people weren't moaning about something - still plenty of time before the season starts and I am sure GJ knows what he is doing - with a fit Trundle, hopefully fit Brooker and Dele we are already better off for strikers than at the start of last season - am sure we will add so no reason for anyone to feel let down by anything - so Carle has gone. In soem ways a shame but with LJ fit he would have been on the bench, and rightly so, as LJ is ahead of Carle in terms of creating an end product, while they did not work as a pairing.

Am sure GJ has money waiting to be spent on a striker and that he will have one before the season starts.

Suppose we have to be grateful for small mercies - at least this year there aren't countless threads on season ticket prices!!!

Are you ashtonyate with a spellchecker??

I don't know about a spellchecker. Perhaps Microsoft could develop a smellchecker to correct posts like this one!

That's one hell of an argument to say that Carle was our best player. 20 games, 0 goals, 2 assists (but they were hardly killer passes) and he didn't manage a full 90 very often. Stats don't back up your argument at all and I'm sure Basso, Carey, McIndoe, Elliot, Orr and a few others would take you up on the challenge!!

I have read every post on this guy and that's exactly why I put in the word 'arguably' in my post.- I didn't say he was our best player!

If you want my own personal opinion on our ex-player you'll have to trawl through the numerous threads in which I have made my views known.

Another piece of evidence to refute the ridiculous premise in this thread now on the main site and World.

GJ is interviewed by Adam Baker on the return to pre-season training, and says that we are negotiating on three bids that have been lodged with other clubs, and that two are for strikers. Guess Meteab is one, perhaps Tyson another(or just might be Phillips...or someone else!) ...so that still leaves a third firm bid in for someone who is probably pretty much completely off our radar.

It might be that they won't all come off, but to assume we haven't tried, of that GJ (GJ!!!) lacks ambition or the stomach for it is, as other have said, plain loopy. "

Another piece of evidence to refute the ridiculous premise in this thread now on the main site and World.

GJ is interviewed by Adam Baker on the return to pre-season training, and says that we are negotiating on three bids that have been lodged with other clubs, and that two are for strikers. Guess Meteab is one, perhaps Tyson another(or just might be Phillips...or someone else!) ...so that still leaves a third firm bid in for someone who is probably pretty much completely off our radar.

It might be that they won't all come off, but to assume we haven't tried, of that GJ (GJ!!!) lacks ambition or the stomach for it is, as other have said, plain loopy. "

don't worry about it lads, we haven't signed anyone yet. Indact we're likely to lose 3-4 as well and have been told we can only spend what we make through sales.

You'll be ok

Let me first say that I have absolute faith in the Club and GJ... but didn't City say a week or so ago (24th June) that "... as a club we have a policy of not commenting until any deals are complete."

Maybe Gary is just teasing us a bit to try and stop thoughts and comments like the initial one on this thread?

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

oh for ######ks sake!

don't we get this post EVERY SINGLE SEASON!?

don't we ALWAYS end up with a clutch of signings to be excited about, even if they don't work out?

didnt we basically improve our squad in every position last year despite not making signings until late?

didnt we nearly go up?

answer to all is yes. now pipe down!

Archived