IGNORED

Let Down By Bristol City!

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

Funny smell in here.

Frustrated - yes, let down - no.

GJ obviously doesn't rate any of the players that have moved highly enough to get involved. Ok, so you've mentioned a few good players, but the real movement will start this week I think.

Think some of the comments were a bit unfair tbh - remember Trundle was a late signing last season. Plenty of time to spend the kitty, don't panic - always believe!

Not really a mature response. I am just fed up! I have followed the City, man and boy. I am just gutted we are missing the boat

What boat have we missed exactly?? its 30th June, 1 month & 9 days to go to the start of the season and 2 months of the transfer window. We only signed 1 at this point last season i believe.

Gary Johnson wants to get the right players at the right price - if it takes time, then it does, and there is plenty of time.

Frustrated - yes, let down - no.

GJ obviously doesn't rate any of the players that have moved highly enough to get involved. Ok, so you've mentioned a few good players, but the real movement will start this week I think.

Think some of the comments were a bit unfair tbh - remember Trundle was a late signing last season. Plenty of time to spend the kitty, don't panic - always believe!

My only concern is we chase the lad from Eygpt and it falls flat, then we have a ready made excuse!

I am not sure if Gary is cut out to handle the big names, perhaps thats what being " a gary johnson player " is? Potential, but not proven. You join on the basis you have to fight for a place rather than bringing pedigree. Even Trundle was not proven at this level. I think we are only looking for small time players. It worries me. Could be a long year.

If all we can do it look at last season then we are doomed! Think positive, we scored hardly any goals. We need proven players. NOT potential. Hence were being let down.It could be a long season

How can you judge? its july 1st tomorrow and for all you know we may be signing kevin phillips, wait and see who we sign and then judge.

And how anyone can question gj ability to manage obviously has no clue what there talking about!

If all we can do it look at last season then we are doomed! Think positive, we scored hardly any goals. We need proven players. NOT potential. Hence were being let down. It could be a long season

I hate to say this but i agree with 90% of what you have said.

Let down is a bit strong but its only June - alright tomorrow it's July - but you get my point! Perhaps we should review this in 4 weeks time?

We need a goalscorer - if not i fear the worst, i really do.

I hate to say this but i agree with 90% of what you have said.

Let down is a bit strong but its only June - alright tomorrow it's July - but you get my point! Perhaps we should review this in 4 weeks time?

We need a goalscorer - if not i fear the worst, i really do.

A voice of reason! At last........... Thats all I'm saying! Perhaps let down is strong, but if we don't get the squad sorted in bottom half for sure. Everyone else has moved on....

I'd rather wait a bit longer for the right signing i'd rather make 1 or 2 good signings than 8 or 9 ok players, whats the point in buyin for the sake of buyin be patient i'm sure Gary knows what he's doing. :city: In Johnson I trust (and so should you)

What a let down!

You must feel very strongly about this, as you have taken the effort to join this forum and make it your first post.

Just out of interest how did you come to the display name 'Gary Johnsons left nut'?

My only concern is we chase the lad from Eygpt and it falls flat, then we have a ready made excuse!

I am not sure if Gary is cut out to handle the big names, perhaps thats what being " a gary johnson player " is? Potential, but not proven. You join on the basis you have to fight for a place rather than bringing pedigree. Even Trundle was not proven at this level. I think we are only looking for small time players. It worries me. Could be a long year.

Hear what you're saying mate - and the egyptian deal is turning into a real saga that I'm sure we could all do without. There is no way that there aren't other targets out there, just the Met3b is obviously GJ's first choice.

As for GJ not being able to handle the big names, we don't know that just yet. Not thought about it, but I'd put my money on him being able to deal with them.

As for this being a long year, I don't think any of us are kidding ourselves that this isn't going to be a tougher season. Last season was a dream that I really didn't want to wake up from. Teams will know more about us this time round, but we proved last season that we had a decent back 5 and midfield, and that hasn't changed apart from Carle, and he wasn't around long enough to be missed. We'll be ok, but I'm not putting my money on 4th this time round.

Come on GJLN, give us a smile!

Don't normally make comments like this..but..what a ridiculous, hysterical thread!!! Get a bloody grip. It's way too early to be judging the strength of our squad for next season. Most players disappeared on holiday for the first couple of weeks after wembley. Yes, WE ALL KNOW that we need to score more goals and want to add to the attacking quality of the squad - I think even GJ might have worked that one out.

If you think that we have a big pot of money to spend, you obviously have not looked at the last few years accounts. I'm not quite sure what some people are expecting, signings will be made, but quite rightly GJ will not pay over the odds. I recall that we had big signings under Davidson & Ward (Akinbiye, Thorpe etc), we got relegated, under Pulis (A heap of over-priced crocks), we struggled (And it wrecked the finances for years), and under Tinnion (Stewart, Bridges etc.), we struggled. The link between 'Big' signings and success is not proven.

If you think that we have a big pot of money to spend, you obviously have not looked at the last few years accounts. I'm not quite sure what some people are expecting, signings will be made, but quite rightly GJ will not pay over the odds. I recall that we had big signings under Davidson & Ward (Akinbiye, Thorpe etc), we got relegated, under Pulis (A heap of over-priced crocks), we struggled (And it wrecked the finances for years), and under Tinnion (Stewart, Bridges etc.), we struggled. The link between 'Big' signings and success is not proven.

Are you being serious??????? So because we have had some bad players in the past that cost a few quid you are saying that chapter is over? We only buy players from lower down. What a crazy statement. We did get our fingers burnt, but if we all trust GJ so much then he should get the wonga. And don't kid yourself, we have a few quid, and so does the chairman. The likes of Barnsley have spent far more than us! We are being taken for a ride... Just look at the players we have already missed out on!

What a let down!

Good god! Patience is a virtue, but i don't think you'd understand what that means?! To say you feel let down at this stage of pre season i personally think is ridiculous. GJ knows who and what he wants and has already said that he will bide his time and secure those players in good time. I think the last two and half seasons have born fruit under GJ's astute guidance and therefore there is no reason whatsoever to feel let down or become so impatient. And GJ not liking January? Carle and Adebola both came then and both proved to be pretty influential. GJ will never sign a player just to keep the masses happy and will never sign just a name but will sign the person as well. The players you mention above are all going to clubs that spent big last season and all finished below us. Cool your passion and show a modicum of patience and if there is still the same level of activity come August 9th then you will have good reason to moan. Till then...........

What a let down!

Isn't this post more suitable for April 1st ........

now I must ring the gas board about this strange smell

:englandsmile4wf:

Are you being serious??????? So because we have had some bad players in the past that cost a few quid you are saying that chapter is over? We only buy players from lower down. What a crazy statement. We did get our fingers burnt, but if we all trust GJ so much then he should get the wonga. And don't kid yourself, we have a few quid, and so does the chairman. The likes of Barnsley have spent far more than us! We are being taken for a ride... Just look at the players we have already missed out on!

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh :shutup:

We all know what is required and it seems must all bite our nails for a while yet.

There has been a total info blackout on just about everything from Dolman Hall to even an acknowledgement that Palace are even interested in Carle.

This builds frustration that will only increase until something is given out, till then we must survive on snippets and rumours.

As to this threads title "let down by City" well :disapointed2se: WE ARE CITY, WE ARE CITY JOHNSON IS OUR KING :dance:

Archived