IGNORED

Let Down By Bristol City!

What a pointless post. If you truly have watched City since you we're a boy then you know GJ will not disappoint. Even if we don't sign anyone else you are basically belittling the players currently at the club by stating we have to sign players to do anything. It is still the same side that got us to 4th last year!

take a deep breath and calm down!

Yeah i see what you mean, Burnley have signed a goalie from PERU :blink:, thats the sort of thing we should be doing :rolleyes::whistle2:

Certainly not Brasil though could be different;

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

Are you ashtonyate with a spellchecker??

As Adam Baker pointed out on the OS last week our first outfield signing last year was on 27th June. The last was on 30th July. Seems like we are pretty much on the same track this time around.

Agree I can't understand the panic - after all what's the point of signing someone before pre-season training has even started?? So paying someone to sit at home doing nothing!

As long as things start moving this/next week I'll be happy

FTG

Are you being serious??????? So because we have had some bad players in the past that cost a few quid you are saying that chapter is over? We only buy players from lower down. What a crazy statement. We did get our fingers burnt, but if we all trust GJ so much then he should get the wonga. And don't kid yourself, we have a few quid, and so does the chairman. The likes of Barnsley have spent far more than us! We are being taken for a ride... Just look at the players we have already missed out on!

Yes

We must learn lessons

Who said buying from lower down? Value is the issue.

GJ has a budget and needs to adhere to it, otherwise the Club will go down the pan. 82?

Do we have a few quid? I thought that we had made hefty losses over the past few seasons, and I suspect the same about last season.

The Chairman has already said that he will not invest large sums in the playing staff.

If fans ran their personal finances the way they expect football Clubs to run, there would be a lot of bankrupt fans!

And the fact the Chairman has some cash says what. We went through this be for. When he floated his company he became a very wealthy man, do you expect him to pile his assests into the football club. Be realistic SL has always said that the club will in the main finance itself and rightly so. Do you really want to find this club committing financial suicide to some fans happy. There are still an awful lot of clubs prepared to sell there suol. Id rather we carry on with the leadership showing financial sense

You have no patients, don't EVER gamble GJLN, you will lose.

I don't feel let down at all, i feel proud to be a fan of this club and trust GJ and SL 101%

The WORST thing we can do is panic buy players to appease fans, and c'mon, do you really think GJ and SL would be where they are if they listened to fans advice?..please.

Best time to poach players is just before the end of the transfer window, that way the selling club/agents have less room to bluff.

Alos, many players will have moved to new clubs and potentially distruped existing players who normally we could never sign.

I am not sure if Gary is cut out to handle the big names, perhaps thats what being " a gary johnson player " is? Potential, but not proven. You join on the basis you have to fight for a place rather than bringing pedigree. Even Trundle was not proven at this level. I think we are only looking for small time players. It worries me. Could be a long year.

Whilst I think you need to calm down and get not get so hysterical, I think you make a good point here.

I've always believed that GJ has trouble managing any sort of ego, especially when it comes to forwards. That's obviously a good thing as it can divide a dressing room but we need to bring in some serious pedigree if we're to compete in this division as we did last season IMHO.

Sadly we live in an era where most strikers of any repute bring a bit of an ego with them but most get by with faith being put in them by their manager. After trying 30+ strikers in GJ's tenure we really need to get one worth sticking with this time round.

Signings will come and they will cause debate, most definately with the strikers. Just be patient and pray that we get one(s) we're all happy with. If we don't, I also reckon it could be a hard slog next term. :tomato:

so what if barnsley and burnley have spent more than us who gives a dam tbh. wolves and charlton spent morte than us last year but we still finished higher than them i would rather let gj get the players that he thinks our right for this team which is what he done last season and we finished 4th in the championship

Why oh why do we have the harbingers of doom in the pre-season saying it's all going tits-up?

You need to get a grip mate... A bit of calm. We're all waiting for the signings but lets review it before kick off on the first day and then have another look at it after the first game...

'You don't know what you're doing!"

your better of with the Blue half of the city

A bit rich for your eighth post ever?

Take a deep breath, realise that you expressed your opinion very strongly, and that it's an opinion that a lot of people (myself included) disagree with. If nothing's happened by August, then I'll agree with you.

I am not sure about the rest of you but I am starting to feel totally let down by whats going on at AG or total lack of it to be more honest.

We must have a few quid tucked away in the bank, so why on earth are we not adding to a squad that needs to be improved??

I am sorry but a lad from Ipswich who played 11 times doesnt float my boat. We are being outdone by the likes of Burnley and Barnsley in the transfer stakes, we are missing season long loans from Man U. For example Forest have just got one. ( and we know what Hull did )

We also know the Jan window doest suit our Gary, so its now or never! And I honestly don't see anything that makes me think were in with a shout this year.

Earnshaw, clemance, hulme, Patterson, Commons, Stearman, Jones, etc etc the list runs and runs. I am starting to get the feeling Gary doesnt want to spend any cash as it adds presure and he loves the fact he does it on a shoe string, It's win - win for him if he doest spend anything.... I think we have a few agendas here...

And to top it all off.... We are selling Carle, a player who got better and better, The fact Palace will part with £1m says everything! We lack ambition, and its a matter of time before Elliot follows and we replace him with another reserve player from the championship with "potential"

What a let down!

Different year same shite.

I remember this crap bing posted this time last year at about this time, then in July we brought in Sproule,McIndoe,Trundle and Elliott. As most contracts at up

tonight expect the real activity to start tomorrow. I have no doubt Johnson will get his men, but all in good time.

As for the bloke from Ipswich not floating your boat, can you remember the mixed reception the news of the Elliott signing got? And how good was he last season! I say let see what he can do injury free before we write him off.

As for Carle I don't agree with you, for however good he looked on the ball how many assist and goals did he score prior to the play-off matches?

What a let down!

we got to where we are with the group of players we have now bar a few and 1 brought in

what makes u think we can't do it again ?

get a striker in and we're cooking on gas

we don't buy players for the sake of it

and more importantly to make people like you shut up !

if you don't like what you see, do what i did after mk dons came to the gate a few years back and tinman got the boooooooo and wilson got the clap (tee hee) i took a sabatical and back since gj so do one and wait til next manager and stop them negative waves moriarity..........wooof woof

What a let down!

And your team will soon be playing on the Downs. Cuckoo.

Archived