IGNORED

Derby Taking Another Gamble

dezgimed

Paul Jewell is a funny one.

As noted on another forum, despite moaning about bringing in quality that can compete next time around in the Prem, he's let proven champ players (Jones, Miller and Earnshaw) leave, and bought in unknown entities like Dickinson + 8 other signings (!!!).

Non League to Championship is a hell of a jump, in 2 years.

I think all that kinky sex has messed with his head.

:noexpression:

Always rated Jewell until he went to Derby. Think I'm right in saying he didn't win a game there last season?

The way he used to go on MOTD and slag his players off was unbelievable, how any of them want to play for him this season is beyond me.

This may come back to haunt me, but can't see them being involved at the sharp end come May.

Paul Jewell is a funny one.

As noted on another forum, despite moaning about bringing in quality that can compete next time around in the Prem, he's let proven champ players (Jones, Miller and Earnshaw) leave, and bought in unknown entities like Dickinson + 8 other signings (!!!).

I think all that kinky sex has messed with his head.

:noexpression:

Very similar player to Tyson

Dickinson is a good signing and i'm confident he'll score a few next season if he gets to play, bags of potential.

I agree. He was the best up and coming targetman in the lower leagues along with Vokes. Although he's still raw I can see him getting a few if he gets the chance.

Derby have built have half decent squad but I can't see it knitting together before Xmas.

The way he used to go on MOTD and slag his players off was unbelievable, how any of them want to play for him this season is beyond me.

Whether they want to or not they wont be able to! The amount of players they've bought and the amount of money they've used I can see them doing a Gretna :noexpression:

Think back to the early 1970's. Liverpool wanted to challenge for both the league title and Euro glory. They went to lowly Scunny and bought their goalie and some teenager who had just got into the first team. His name was Kevin Keegan.

It can be done.

Archived