IGNORED

Aaron Mclean

tin

Couldn't see this posted anywhere else but Posh's McLean has handed in a transfer request today, click.

From what I've read and heard he wants to team up with his old Grays pal Michael Kightly at Wolves but would he do the job for City? Undoubtedly a goalscorer but never at the price they're quoting.

If we could get him for a few hundred k he might be worth a punt but millions for a league two goalscorer is a fantasy.

No way.

Yeah, I agree. To be honest, the point of this post was to throw a new name into the hat and get a poll going but it doesn't seem to work on the 'City Forum' like it does on the sub-forums.

On another note, I can't see how Wolves can meet those demands either.

Posh have dropped a bollock here and will probably end up getting something like £1.5-£2m.

Yeah it's nice to pretend a player isn't for sale but when a club from a higher level comes in with money and they want to go you have to just try and get the best deal possible.

A transfer request like that just means they won't get as good a price.

Presumably because their chairman, Steve Morgan, has given Mick McCarthy £30m to spend on players, I guess.

Bora have been clever in all of this. They know they wont get even half of the £5m they are asking for but have slapped that price tag on him to force him into asking for a transfer and giving up his share in any possible transfer fee.

He will end up at wolves for £2m + a few add ons

Wolves will run out of squad numbers soon!

with ebanks,elliott,keogh,bothroyd,vokes n maybe mclean joining how many strikers do they want !?

Must care about the reserve league :innocent06:

We have just dropped out if the reserve league due to the amounth of mid week fixtures we have this season.

Eastwood, Elliott and Bothroyd wont be with us for much longer

Radio P'boro' this morning; Posh slapped a high price tag on to deter any club from talking Posh's top scorer.

They admitted in the past they'd have willingly sold a player like this for one mill, but due the Posh Chairman's money, they can now afford not to sell. Local radio reckons it's the player's agent urging him to transfer as tyhat puts money in the agent's pocket. The local paper also revealed last season that Barry Fry gets 10% of the money for every player Posh sell!

Archived