IGNORED

Ipswich Table A Bid For Nicky Maynard ?

redcityman

I fear it all comes down to what the kid wants. If he wants to go for football, it'll be us against Ipswich, if he wants the money, and the glory of being in a Premier League club next season, and the big wages, we've lost him already.

Any sensible agent would advise him that moving up slowly would be best. If he went to the Prem, he would probably get 3 games, 6 sub appearances; but a huge wage (and sadly agents realise x% of huge, is more than x% of medium), if he went to the championship, he would get more games, and if he could prove himself here, then get a move up easily, and many Prem games IF we didn't get promoted anyway.

although many of us have touted him as a signing loads of times

has the club/manager ever shown a real positive interest, enough to merit a mention on the sky news report above?

A current Bristol City player said only last weekend that city are keepng tabs on Maynard,and he is one of the players City are looking at

I was led to believe, towards the back end of last season, we regularly had a representative at Gresty Road. Now there is only one Crewe player worth watching, ask any of their supporters!

Good lord I hope you're right. I've been banging out about him for too long now. He'd be a marvellous coup for us. :yes::fingerscrossed:

praying%20smiley.gif

A current Bristol City player said only last weekend that city are keepng tabs on Maynard,and he is one of the players City are looking at

fair enough andy i missed that sorry. any idea who it was.

id love to have him and meteb in. that would be class, and for me better than tyson

fair enough andy i missed that sorry. any idea who it was.

id love to have him and meteb in. that would be class, and for me better than tyson

What the player in question who mentioned Maynard? yeah, but don't really want to say on here in case it leads to him getting a slapped wrist

do you reckon that we SL would give GJ the 3m required to sign Meteb and Maynard if we could land both.

With strikers that good we could leave the rest of the team alone. trunds and dele on the bench.

i dare to dream :laugh:

I reckon we would spend this amount ( or a bit more) if they are the players GJ wants. I still think we made more than that from last season.

But the wage bill will take it's toll. And the wages for Meteb and Maynard would surely be a lot more then Byfield and Showunmi's wedge.

do you reckon that we SL would give GJ the 3m required to sign Meteb and Maynard if we could land both.

With strikers that good we could leave the rest of the team alone. trunds and dele on the bench.

i dare to dream :laugh:

An emphatic yes, he would. If GJ went to him and said 'I want XYZ' then he'd do his upmost to get that player in.

In Maynard's case, I think he'd definately sanction it as he'd view it as an investment of sorts in the sense that any outlay on him would be at least doubled a few years down the line.

If we failed to sign Maynard/Tyson etc etc, would Kevin Lisbie not be a good signing? 17 goals last season in a relegated team. Proves he can do the business at this level.

Or is he to similar to Dele?

Hes about half the size of dele!! :tumbleweed:

On this seasons form he looks like a good buy but his carrier(sp) form isnt very good! One season wonder bit like colchester me thinks!!

Would we, should we go to 2mill

unless some atrcious injurty struck him he'd def have a good resale val

might mean limited funds left for 2nd striker

if ipswich don't wanna pay 2m, and he doesnt want to warm prem benches, that could leave us as the only championship club willing to match the offer and put us in a decent position

Didn't they get a pretty big fee from Charlton for Luke Varney (who hasn't pulled up any trees)? Notice Ipswich are interested in Lisbie too.

Varney was one of Charlton's best players last season according to my Addicks mad mate. He said it was only him, Zheng Zhi and Paddy McCarthy that did well in a dour side.

According to BEEB website; offers for the 21 year old from Ipswich and B.C.F.C. HAVE BEEN REJECTED they want 2mill. :noexpression:

That sums up crewe, they have a history of demanding a lot for players i mean varney went for about 3 mill and has been carp this season.

Varney is not the only one danny murphy dean ashton and seth johnson all went for big money

considering they had little expirence.

In all fairness mynard is worth a mill maybe 1.5 topps

£2million represents a bargain

maynard is not only English, he is young, quick, he can finish and he has a pretty decent attitude

2mill for a player that could score the goals to fire us into the prem is a bargain,

as you say the others have gone for big fees, but apart from varney and maybe seth johnson there careers have been pretty special

if we could get the same profit norwich got from ashton nobody would complain

he not only represents a good addition to our squad, it is also a pretty safe investment as a prem team is most likely to come for him with a bigger offer

GO GET HIM STEVE, THE GUY IS going to BE A GEM!

Archived