IGNORED

All Of A Sudden I'm Excited

easton boy

Like (probably) the majority of you on here, when we signed Mr Williams, last week, my reaction was non-plussed.

My immediate thoughts were "squad player", "Gary has someone else lined up to replace Carle".

My attitude is ready for a change.

Just read McIndoes interview primarily about Williams in todays EP.

To say he is waxing lyrical is an understatement.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...;pNodeId=144930

All of a sudden I think Mr Williams could be one of GJ's exciting signings he was talking about a couple of weeks ago!!!

Sounds very promising, but helluva pressure on him now! :city:

Looking forward to seeing him play, but it does sound a bit crap when it says that they've played

together at Hereford and Yeovil.

After reading that article, i'm excited too.

After McIndoe's influence on our promotion push last year, i trust what he says. Let us all hope Williams can improve our creativity before and into the final-third. GJ's signings over the last few years have been impressive and we have to trust his judgement on Williams. I'm sure no-one could have predicted some guy from Ipswich being our first signing.

Hopefully an addition to the finishing ranks will be signed soon and they can get a pre-season to all work together and give us a healthy start to the season, that we can build-on and produce the attractive football that we'd all love to watch.

Should be some fun to see how williams does with city - don't think too many of us on here are that bothered about bringing in 'bargains' if they do the business, we've seen enough payoff from recent signings of this type. Williams certainly seems to have more proven ability than Wilson - who GJ had high hopes for at CCC level when he brought him in, but now seems destined for a right-back cover role (at best).

Personally, I would like to see (either through acquisition or occassional changing of team shape) a bit more competition for McIndoe's place in the team. No doubting his industry, but want a bit more end-product from him at times. Hopefully this season we will, as a team, create more chances for the attackers, and macca, and williams, will be a part of that improvement.

Like (probably) the majority of you on here, when we signed Mr Williams, last week, my reaction was non-plussed.

My immediate thoughts were "squad player", "Gary has someone else lined up to replace Carle".

My attitude is ready for a change.

Just read McIndoes interview primarily about Williams in todays EP.

To say he is waxing lyrical is an understatement.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...;pNodeId=144930

All of a sudden I think Mr Williams could be one of GJ's exciting signings he was talking about a couple of weeks ago!!!

Mcindoe always always always talks loads of sense and he's the best left winger in this league.

I really believe that he is the glue that holds our team together.

I also love the fact that loads of other clubs fans hate him...the jelous bar stewards!

In the not to distant future the local press will do an interview with Gavin Williams and he'll say how much he's looking forward to playing with McIndoe again who is one of the best players he's ever played with.......

I agree cynic.....oh wait its RR sorry.

But yes it could be the usually hyperbole " sleeping giant", "great ambitious club", "great squad", but personally I'm not too sure that McI is prone to BS.

The way he says that they have an almost telepathic understanding especially got me excited - who knows it may produce another 10% out of McI?

Another 10% out of McIndoe would indeed be impressive.He is already one of the most industrious players that I've seen in years at AG.

McIndoe not only works harder than most - he delivers more often than not in games with his trickery and occaisional goal.

He's a very good player and a linchpin in the City side.

I'm no more confident than before. If we signed an awful 38 year old, McIndoe would put a psoitive spin on it. Not knocking him but he is very confident and positive. I'm not sure sometimes if McIndoe lives in the real world- I think he once said we played like Arsenal...Not quite there yet...

I think it is a good signing IF he stay fit btw.

I'm no more confident than before. If we signed an awful 38 year old, McIndoe would put a psoitive spin on it. Not knocking him but he is very confident and positive. I'm not sure sometimes if McIndoe lives in the real world- I think he once said we played like Arsenal...Not quite there yet...

I think it is a good signing IF he stay fit btw.

Not sure if McIndoe lives in the real world?Where did that come from?

This is the man who joined us from Wolves last year (a side that finished in the play offs) in order to further his career and confidently predicted great things last term...and they happened!

He wasn't the only one to compare our style of play to Arsenal early last season, I remember Bristol Boy amongst others saying the same. There were undoubted similarities.

Ipswich fans on the net centre were pretty clear in their assessment of Williams - fit and on is day, the best midfielder they had and one of the best in the Championship.

This is the man who joined us from Wolves last year (a side that finished in the play offs) in order to further his career and confidently predicted great things last term...and they happened!

He wasn't the only one to compare our style of play to Arsenal early last season, I remember Bristol Boy amongst others saying the same. There were undoubted similarities.

Ipswich fans on the net centre were pretty clear in their assessment of Williams - fit and on is day, the best midfielder they had and one of the best in the Championship.

Not just Arsenal, Spain as well now:

Just like watching Spain

McIndoe is someone you listen to and want to believe. He signed a new deal which means for me we're going places and he wants to be part, he's very happy that Williams is here so we should be too. If it wasn't enough that GJ had signed him..twice!

McIndoe for a future manager?

Regardless of McIndoes predictions - playing in the Arsenal style is what all footballing managers should try to adopt.The problem is whether you have skillfull enough players to do it. Three touch football is very difficult to maintain over 90mins.I've seen some City players in the not to distant past take three touches to just to control the bal.....

Modelling your style on the best has to be the way forward for City. Far less long balls upto Adebola please.

I'm sorry but I don't think we were ever anywhere near Arsenal standard although we have played better stuff the last year or so.

I find McIndoe extremely focused but sometimes the comments he says leave me feeling he is overly confident and in a dream world. Perhaps not a bad thing but sometimes a dose of realism is needed.

I'm sorry but I don't think we were ever anywhere near Arsenal standard although we have played better stuff the last year or so.

I find McIndoe extremely focused but sometimes the comments he says leave me feeling he is overly confident and in a dream world. Perhaps not a bad thing but sometimes a dose of realism is needed.

No one said we played at the same standard!! we play a very similar STYLE to arsenal, difference is arsenal are a top class team and were a championship team.

No one said we played at the same standard!! we play a very similar STYLE to arsenal, difference is arsenal are a top class team and were a championship team.

Correct.

McIndoe's confidence is a breath of fresh air at BCFC.

All top sportsmen have it.

Yes sorry, even the style isn't that similar to me. If he was talking about West Brom I might have agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big McIndoe fan. But some of the things he says do make me laugh.

Yes sorry, even the style isn't that similar to me. If he was talking about West Brom I might have agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big McIndoe fan. But some of the things he says do make me laugh.

By and large City did try to play Arsenalesque football but it often didn't come off.Only in a few games did we see it really work.The Blades at AG, Charlton away in the second half to name two. Dare I say it but too many City regulars don't have the poise and skill to maintain such a style.We often saw too many misplaced passes after which confidence can suffer and the old long ball would start to come into play.

But whats wrong with trying to copy the most magnificent style of football that you'll ever see? Simply trying to play that way is good enough for me.Its a breath of fresh air to hear a player say that thats how he thinks City can play.Hopefully Johnson will encourage the same style this coming season and that it will work far more often.

If it works - then we will all be in for a great time.

By and large City did try to play Arsenalesque football but it often didn't come off.Only in a few games did we see it really work.The Blades at AG, Charlton away in the second half to name two. Dare I say it but too many City regulars don't have the poise and skill to maintain such a style.We often saw too many misplaced passes after which confidence can suffer and the old long ball would start to come into play.

But whats wrong with trying to copy the most magnificent style of football that you'll ever see? Simply trying to play that way is good enough for me.Its a breath of fresh air to hear a player say that thats how he thinks City can play.Hopefully Johnson will encourage the same style this coming season and that it will work far more often.

norwich away after getting battered in the first 10 mins , we were awesome

Absolutely. It's better to set a high standard and not achieve it than set a low one that you achieve easily. Hence Gary refusing to talk about consolidation last year. I felt that without LJ there was too big a gap between defence and midfield to play this way. With Dele in the side we were tempted to hit it long. Funnily enough I thought Dele played best when we played it to his feet.

Yep the football we play now compared to other managers is great no doubt. Long may it continue and hopefully we will continue to get players of McIndoe's quality in.

Yep the football we play now compared to other managers is great no doubt. Long may it continue and hopefully we will continue to get players of McIndoe's quality in.

Not sure if it deserves a thread of its own, but I have a mackem friend who has just said that the spud muchers have offered Wallace as a straight swap.

Made I larf

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but could anyone find me an image of McIndoe celebrating his free kick goal against Palace in the play-offs, where he has his arms out, so somebody could create a graphic for me.

I found one but the image is too small.

Can anyone help?

Archived