IGNORED

Rovers In For Orr

chowie

Paul Ince is weighing up a move for Bristol City right-back Bradley Orr. The Liverpool-born defender, 25, fractured his cheekbone in the Play Off Final defeat to Hull but could yet get his dream move to the Premier League if City accept around £350,000. Orr has previously had spells at Newcastle and Burnley.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...r.html?ITO=1490

£350,000 :laugh:

Thats wrong. They missed the three noughts off the end and if the deal goes through we will then offer £550K up front to the Egyptians.

On a serious note I would say £½ million to £650K is a realistic valuation of Orr (who will no doubt be coached how to cross and pass a ball consistently well at other clubs).

Forget the price. Do you think Bradley Orr would want to go?

Of course he would! Closer to home for him too.

He's young enough to give us another season, if he improves next season as much as he did last then we will struggle to keep him. Although, he might just feel he owes GJ a lot after THAT incident.

Be gutted if he left - he looks like a real leader to me.

Paul Ince is weighing up a move for Bristol City right-back Bradley Orr. The Liverpool-born defender, 25, fractured his cheekbone in the Play Off Final defeat to Hull but could yet get his dream move to the Premier League if City accept around £350,000. Orr has previously had spells at Newcastle and Burnley.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...r.html?ITO=1490

We all like Bradders, £350k would be almost like giving him away, I hope he stays, though if the board are listening to offers, £750k+ would be a more realistic figure.

On the other hand, could this be the long awaited entrance for young Ribeiro? :shifty:

i do not doubt orr would get some attention following is pfa vote, but what idiot prints a story quoting £350k. No one accepts that for a player going to the Prem. £3.5M maybe.... Complete tosh.

Hang on, are you saying that if someone was prepared to break our record transfer received for a wholehearted, gusty right back, with limited crossing and passing technique, you would have to think about it??

Seriously, there's loving City players, then there's being ridiculous.

Realistically, i'd say around £750k (more than we paid for the likes of McIndoe, Carle and when Murray returned) would be an excellent offer. That would buy you pretty much any championship right back IMO.

Hang on, are you saying that if someone was prepared to break our record transfer received for a wholehearted, gusty right back, with limited crossing and passing technique, you would have to think about it??

Seriously, there's loving City players, then there's being ridiculous.

Realistically, i'd say around £750k (more than we paid for the likes of McIndoe, Carle and when Murray returned) would be an excellent offer. That would buy you pretty much any championship right back IMO.

I agree. You can only get so far on passion and workrate. In the prem you need ability. 350k is hilarious but around 1m and I'd have no problems accepting.

Hang on, are you saying that if someone was prepared to break our record transfer received for a wholehearted, gusty right back, with limited crossing and passing technique,

And yet managed to get into the PFA team of the year. Hmm... Maybe Bradley is a better player than you give him credit for.

:laugh: £1million - this is a EPL club - money is no object for them. £5-10million - £5million at min for EPL clubs.

Huh?

Even the likes of Arsenal are rumoured to only have a budget of about £30m tops to spend this summer. Just because someone is going to the Premier League doesn't mean it'll be £5m min.

West Brom have just signed a Dutch U21 international for £3.2m whilst Chelsea spent (speculated) £3.7m on Belletti - yes he's older but he has a proven experience and standing.

Incidentally if it is Blackburn and there is a real link it'll be worthwhile to keep this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ju...eague.blackburn in mind if they come in for him. They only spent £4m last summer total. If someone like Santa-Cruz can come in for £3.8m then you're having a laugh if you reckon someone like Orr will go for £5m.

I'd hope that we'd have a rough idea of players we've identified as possible replacements for all positions across the squad since (as Carle showed) you never know when someone'll come in with a good offer. If Orr was to go then I guess the fee'll reflect our financial situation/any possible replacement.

Sorry mate but nobody pays millions of pounds for Right Backs (unless we're talking about that guy who played for Seville).

I have worked out that the average price paid for a first-choice right-back in the Premier League (Non-trainees, actually bought) is roughly £3.7 million. Now considering that Orr is voted the best right-back in the tier below the Premier League, it puts £350k in perspective.

I have worked out that the average price paid for a first-choice right-back in the Premier League (Non-trainees, actually bought) is roughly £3.7 million. Now considering that Orr is voted the best right-back in the tier below the Premier League, it puts £350k in perspective.

I think you should take the top four clubs out of the calculation, and see what the average price is then.

Anyway, this is a load of nonsense really, a rumour which is unlikely to be true and a contracted player we have no intention of selling! :tomato:

Guest DanC

If we were to sell Orr it would have to be a offer that is simply to good to turn down., 350k is about at least half of what we should be looking to get for him. We would need to be able to buy a better player than Orr for the money we receive from any sale and also make a slight profit.

Orr may well be worth under a million, but we could ask for however much we want, so any price quoted wont be to high - if we don't wanna sell him - we are within our rights to ask for 10 million if we wanted.

GJ has shown he will sell as well as buy. Of course the price would have to be realistic. For me 500k minimum, for a right back who is solid but not spectacular. IMO Ribiero could turn out to be the better option if given his chance. Then we have Wilson as back up and he prefers right back.

Given we have Ribiero and Wilson and need some cash for quality strikers, I would sell. The question being, would Orr want the move, definately a step up for him, more money and a chance at the top level.

Archived